Firaxis: Patch coming next week

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they would have posted last week, that the game had problems and they were working hard on a patch, I dont think as many people would be as upset. Tech support hanging up on people and quiet designers leads people to believe they dont care and have been ripped off. A simple post last week would have gone a long way.

Justin13099 said:
If it is in fact a T&L issue and these cards are not "capable" of running the game, then why can I play certain scenarios such as the Revolution, and Desert War, and the Greek one, without a single piece of black terrain? In these scenarios the only problem that remains is the cheshire leader issue, aside from that the gameplay is flawless. Explain oh high and mighty one:king: .

Go ask Firaxis, they're the ones that made the game. And if I'm being rude, it's because of my frustration with people who refuse to see the connection when it's so glaringly obvious to me.

Another one to add to my ingore list.

Willem said:
Go ask Firaxis, they're the ones that made the game. And if I'm being rude, it's because of my frustration with people who refuse to see the connection when it's so glaringly obvious to me.

Childish post of the month nominee. Anyone second this nomination?

Venger

franlato said:
is someone played a game on a huge map, epic speed and did no suffer any slowdown at all?

My computer is way better then the setting they recommend and still i'm getting 15 fps late in the game on a huge map...

I played a Huge map, Epic speed from 4000BC to 1909AD (when my wife dragged me off to bed) and as far as I could tell, I suffered no slowdown. Of course, I was too busy playing to really monitor it for my FPS or anything, but the only real problems I experienced were the choppy movies - oh, and that the French are still refusing to convert to Hinduism!:D

ferretloverdc said:
I played a Huge map, Epic speed from 4000BC to 1909AD (when my wife dragged me off to bed) and as far as I could tell, I suffered no slowdown. Of course, I was too busy playing to really monitor it for my FPS or anything, but the only real problems I experienced were the choppy movies - oh, and that the French are still refusing to convert to Hinduism!:D

yay! it give me hope for the patch... :p

and I understand why french refuse to turn to hinduism, i'm frend myself and I never would turn to such a religion! nah! :lol: :king:

Khaim said:
Not at all. He followed the instructions on their website and it killed his computer. That is totally unacceptable. He could probably sue them for the cost of buying Windows XP and win.

Last time I checked they either put the acitivation codes on a sticker on your computer case or on a card with something to the effect of "DON'T LOSE THIS NUMBER" in big bold print.

Willem said:

NOW he says "go ask firaxis" , all of the sudden he doesnt have ALL the answers.......interesting.
Can anyone shed some light on why these scenarios operate properly if the video card is the problem?

You're probably going to be furious if they've fixed their memory leaks and the game actually runs respectably well on anybody's machine with 256 Mb of RAM.
It will never run well on 256mb. I had that when I bought the game and it ran extremely slowly. I then got 256mb more and it ran al least 10 times faster.

I had a bunch of problems. Assets in a city were eliminated for no reason. Got physically stuck in place after (trying) to make a turn around a mountain edge (over and over again at that spot). Units just disappear for no reason. Momentary displays of units that are not earned (graphically and in the table list).

I had a bunch of problems. Assets in a city were eliminated for no reason. Got physically stuck in place after (trying) to make a turn around a mountain edge (over and over again at that spot...not an impassible area, nor should it have been). Units just disappear for no reason. Momentary displays of units that are not earned (graphically and in the table list).

MERV GRIFFIN said:
I had a bunch of problems. Assets in a city were eliminated for no reason. Got physically stuck in place after (trying) to make a turn around a mountain edge (over and over again at that spot...not an impassible area, nor should it have been). Units just disappear for no reason. Momentary displays of units that are not earned (graphically and in the table list). Some of the strangest behavior that I've ever seen in a new game.

Forgive the triple message. The software made me think I was still doing it the first time. WEBMASTER: I tried to delete the first two duplicate messages, but could not locate how to do it. I must say that this is some out-of-date software you're using if I can't figure it out. Should be right up front if a messager wants to delete his message. Standard nowdays.

Marquis Mark said:
Civilization has always ran on low-end hardware.

Civ IV runs on hardware older than Civ III did when it was released. This argument is complete poppycock.

logical_psycho said:
To me it sounds like someone put itching powder on his tampon.

Just tired of being attacked for putting in my two cents worth. I didn't ask to be jumped on here, but it seems to be coming from all sides for no good reason.

Justin13099 said:
Willem, I've been reading your posts for a few days now and would like to ask you what exactly is your problem? Why do you see the need to be absolutely rude to everyone, and project the image that you are in some way better than everyone else. Why ........because you choose to spend your money on high dollar video cards......gimme a break. The purpose of this thread,forum, blog or whatever you want to call it, is that people that are having issues can come together and pool their thoughts with others to try to find solutions. Help out or move on because its kinda sad.

i think its cause people with non T&L cards whine their ass off when the game doesnt work properly lol

Zertez said:
If they would have posted last week, that the game had problems and they were working hard on a patch, I dont think as many people would be as upset. Tech support hanging up on people and quiet designers leads people to believe they dont care and have been ripped off. A simple post last week would have gone a long way.

Cut them some slack... people probably got hung up on, disconnected, etc by tech support because tech support was getting a hundred calls an hour from people who didn't meet the minimum requirements (T&L, not enough RAM, I bet even people with win 98, etc...) or people who thought thier game was savagely bugged because it didn't work exactly like Civ III. And the designers probably don't want to have to handle the vast hordes of internet morons either... I mean look at some of the posts on here... irate threads started by someone who wants to know why it takes 22 turns to build a warrior on epic (not working any hammer tiles, dumbass!)... complaints about this being the buggiest game ever by people who obviously can't figure out how to get thier pirated copy to work, and threads about how they've "obviously" found a game bug because their capital city won't grow (with a settler in the build queue, duh).

Tech support gets calls from all these people too... which makes it harder for people with legitimate bugs and issues to get a word in edgewise after 30 minutes on hold. It may be easy to blame tech support, but it's usually more accurate to blame the idiots in front of you in line waiting to ask tech support why Civ IV is borken because it won't run well on their 800 Mhz, 128 MB RAM, integrated video card, win 95 rig... and why *does* it take 22 turns to build a warrior on epic speed anyway?

rob.derosa said:
i think its cause people with non T&L cards whine their ass off when the game doesnt work properly lol

heh yeah its funny theres been dozens of times over the yrs where ive been forced to upgrade my system to even be able to decently play a particular game without so much as a peep of complaint. either these ppl are not real gamers or else they have some fascination with outdated hardware like its a classic car or something. and its not like this is the first civ game that will not play on an outdated laptop...i remember civ3 slowing down to an absolute snails pace on later eras with a two yr old laptop...i didnt consider it playable at all on it and was this the developers fault? not really....it was the price to pay for the better ai and improved graphics and interface and all that. anyways if ppl cant spring for a 50 dollar video card(or less) then they should stick to classic games and leave the prettier newer games to those who will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom