[R&F] First Look: Georgia

Any suggestions what the Georgian Theme is based on? The rythm in the end reminds me of the Peace Theme which is used for the custom Georgia Civ in CiV. But this could be wishful thinking. :mischief:

I'm very pleased with the Georgian abilities. Religion an Defense suit my style of play quite well. Although I prefer ranged (unique) units in general.

Tamar is great. But I must say, that if they would lighten her skintone a bit, they would diversify her more from Tomyris' appearance. As pointed out a couple of times before. :D

I wish they did it that way, as it is most realistic and beautiful job done, I would bow my head to the guy who did that and that says a lot ;) as I don't bow my head to anyone

I like to play as tall as possible. So for Kongo and Indonesia (easily my two favourite civs) Theocracy or Merchant Republic is preferable to Monarchy cos they both get early housing.

Wait. Of all 3 of them only Monarchy actually gives housing bonuses!

Well, theocracy goes well with holy sites which can be leveraged for more housing. Dunno about Merchant Republic though. Maybe housing boosts on economic policies?

Does it still in R&F? Isn‘t that the part that will be taken by the Monarchy policy?
As far as I know, legacy bonuses are taken, not core ones.

I mean both Kongo and Indonesia get early housing with Mbanzas and Kampungs making the extra housing from Monarchy not very useful.
Oh, I see. Yes. But surely this doesn't apply to Georgia :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish Dev's will include something about Georgian wine making traditions, such as Kvevri

also Tamar is really tanned now. she could be similiar to her.

Last edited:
Is there still no information of any livestream schedule? That's a bit sad.

There is a very good chance that they are in the crunch part of development with less than a month to go and some things got squeezed of the schedule

There is a very good chance that they are in the crunch part of development with less than a month to go and some things got squeezed of the schedule

I wonder what their work hours are like at this point in the race.

Surely Japan counts as a Shinto civilization, even if Tokimune was Buddhist. And surely China counts as a Confucian civilization, despite its in-game leader.

Not so much on the Jewish civilizations, though. But then, there haven't been many in real life, either.

Shinto has a weird place in this game because it's inherently Japanese and because it was incorporated into Buddhism. The idea that you spread Shinto in Civilization makes no sense. It's directly tied to Japanese culture and makes no sense outside of Japan. The closest analog would be Judaism, but there are Ethiopian Jews and Khazar Jews and you can convert to Judaism, even if it is difficult. Having Shinto in the game feels like including the Chinese equivalent that goes by a bunch of names: Folk religion (minjian zongjiao), Chinese Religion (Zhonghuajiao), Shenism or "religion of deities and immortals" (Shenxianjiao), or simply Shenism (Shenjiao). Shinto was incorporated into Japanese Buddhism the same way Shenism was incorporated into Taoism or Confucianism (as it existed in China). It's really a side point because I don't want to prevent people from picking Shinto. I just personally never choose it for my Japanese leader unless Buddhism is already taken.

Confucianism is also tricky because it's both a religion and a political philosophy. In Japan, it was purely a philosophy. I'm not positive how Korea viewed Confucianism, but I believe it was more a philosophy than a religion. But in China, it came in conflict with Taoism and Buddhism at times. Taoism is another religion that doesn't quite fit with how Civilization treats a religion because it got along well and merged with Buddhism at times and because it was in part a political philosophy. At least Taoism and Confucianism competed inside China to gain "converts," so it's not totally alien to Civ's religion. Speaking of that, Confucianism's presence plus Qin Shi Huang as the leader of China almost makes me wish they included Legalism as a religion. I don't think it qualifies, but it best reflects Qin and their religious practices. Unless we have Shenism as a religion. What is Qin's default religion, btw?

Or they could simple program the leaders so Hojo always takes Shinto if Buddhism has been founded and likewise, Seondeok's second choice should be Confucianism and a lot of the Christian/Muslim/Levantine leaders should have Judaism as their second choice. (or one of the (other) Christian faiths)

Isn't that what this is now? I think ideally leaders would get a first, second, and third choice and more religious options would be available.

What is Qin's default religion, btw?
Isn't that what this is now? I think ideally leaders would get a first, second, and third choice and more religious options would be available.
Qin's default is Taoism.
No, they go for random ones. Phillip became a Sikh in one of my games after Catholicism was taken early by someone else, since half the known world usually goes for it. He really doesn't like becoming Protestant, I guess, and Russia was in the game as well with Eastern Orthodox.

Confucianism is also tricky because it's both a religion and a political philosophy. In Japan, it was purely a philosophy. I'm not positive how Korea viewed Confucianism, but I believe it was more a philosophy than a religion. But in China, it came in conflict with Taoism and Buddhism at times. Taoism is another religion that doesn't quite fit with how Civilization treats a religion because it got along well and merged with Buddhism at times and because it was in part a political philosophy. At least Taoism and Confucianism competed inside China to gain "converts," so it's not totally alien to Civ's religion. Speaking of that, Confucianism's presence plus Qin Shi Huang as the leader of China almost makes me wish they included Legalism as a religion. I don't think it qualifies, but it best reflects Qin and their religious practices. Unless we have Shenism as a religion. What is Qin's default religion, btw?

Well, keep in mind that religion, along with Confucianism, Taoism, and Buddhism, was originally introduced in Civ IV, wherein religion was handled quite differently (cities could have multiple religions quite easily, and the idea of a "majority religion" didn't exist, only a state religion). Maybe they'd make more sense in that context.

Well, keep in mind that religion, along with Confucianism, Taoism, and Buddhism, was originally introduced in Civ IV, wherein religion was handled quite differently (cities could have multiple religions quite easily, and the idea of a "majority religion" didn't exist, only a state religion). Maybe they'd make more sense in that context.

Oh God I miss some aspects of how religion work in Civ IV. For me, it's ludicrous that you can't choose a state religion different than your majority religion. How many times Philip II denounced me and declared war on me just because I was Kongo and Saladin spread his religion first to my cities. It's exhausting the fact that you can't choose which religion is yours when you haven't found one. It could really enhance politics, diplomaty and culture. And what about the new mechanic of loyalty? In R&F it could be perfect: cities chere the majority religion is also the state religion gain a bonus in Loyalty, and a malus if it's a different religion.
And, most of it, I want to be able to chose to become secular and/or atheist. It was fun!

Don't take me wrong : I love the way you can personlize your religion in Civ V and VI (in fact, it's really part of the fun and RP). But it's in case like that I really miss some aspect of Civ IV.

i thought religion in 4 was a good start but otherwise weak. Beeline meditation>send out a missionary>people your friend

Top Bottom