First Look Persia

That is an interesting set of bonuses, I wonder who the other civ is going to be Mongols?

Not that big a surprise, Persia was very clearly missing out of the "big" civs in Civ 6 so far. That said, they look fun and Cyrus looks cool.

Finally, Persia is here! And I'm glad they finally put some thought into the Immortal unit that emphasises the importance of archery in Persian armies, rather than the "they're called immortals so they must have had magical healing powers". :p

The pairidaeza (if that's the spelling they're going for) is a neat idea too, and represents something that's been present throughout Persian history. Would love to see Abbas as a Safavid leader in future.

Guess this means we're stuck with Macedon though... :p

Currently at work and can't watch - what are the bonuses?

Is Persia going to be a paid DLC again? Will they give the new civs to all players eventually, or I payed a bunch of money for nothing?

So Cyrus is good at declaring Surprise Wars and Tomyris, who literally killed Cyrus historically (supposedly), hates people who declares Surprise Wars. The meta is real

As for the abilities, Persia doesn't sound that strong to me but I'd like to see the specifics before jumping to conclusions. The Immortals combined with the bonus movement from declaring a Surprise War could be pretty strong for midgame attacks though

I'm curious how the Immortal's upgrade line works. The only other instance of a unit from one line replacing one from another is the Maryannu, but it is at the beginning, so nothing upgrades into it.

Warrior > Immortal > Crossbowman?

"Fall of Babylon", eh? Looks like they're continuing the hinting started with "Killer of Cyrus".

Is Persia going to be a paid DLC again? Will they give the new civs to all players eventually, or I payed a bunch of money for nothing?

You paid for a game with 19 civs and 20 leaders. This is additional content which you have to pay more for, unless you bought the Deluxe Edition, which this is included in along with Poland, Australia, the Viking pack, and whatever is bundled with Persia.

Of course it will. Unless you got the Deluxe Edition, which includes the first four (Persia is part of #4) DLC packs, you only get the 18 original civs (19 leaders with Gorgo) and the Aztecs, exactly as advertised.

I'm curious how the Immortal's upgrade line works. The only other instance of a unit from one line replacing one from another is the Maryannu, but it is at the beginning, so nothing upgrades into it.

Warrior > Immortal > Crossbowman?

I'm a little confused as to why it replaces the Swordsman. Possibly would have worked better as a standalone unit (like the Samurai).

Unique Ability - Satrapies - Gain a free trade route upon researching the Political Philosophy Civic, as well as bonuses to internal trade routes.

Leader Ability - Fall of Babylon - Lessened diplomatic penalty when declaring surprise war; all units gain an additional movement point upon the declaration of a surprise war.

Unique Unit - Immortal - Swordsman replacement that has a ranged attack, but a strong combat defense.

Unique Improvement - Pairidaeza - Provides Culture, Gold, and Appeal. Also provides bonuses with adjacent districts and city centers. Gains even more bonus with the progression of civics and technologies.

That is an interesting set of bonuses, I wonder who the other civ is going to be Mongols?

I thougt the this special ability could be mongolian.
Sounds like an agressiv civ and leader. Additionally Gold bonus for inner trade routes makes Persia independent from others.

Ow wait Fall of Babylon actually gives +2 movement points, not just +1. The Immortals in the video have 4 points rather than 2 after the war declaration. That's actually a pretty significant boost in that case

Just curious how long the boost lasts in that case. 10 turns? Like Australia's defensive production bonus? And does it scale with gamespeed?

Top Bottom