[R&F] First Look: Robert the Bruce | Scotland

At first glance I thought for sure they had just re-skinned Pedro for Robert. Nw I think all three are the same basic face with some hair and color switches.
"Gimme a red rinse, will you, I'm going out Bannockburning tonight."
Unfortunately for multiple leader animations, even simple costume changes, Animation seems to be the most expensive thing (in sheer hourly wages invested in artists) in the game - they certainly spent more money on it than they did on game design or testing - so anything that adds more animation will probably be resisted strenuously.

Pedro II, Harald Hardrada, and Robert the Bruce are long lost cousins....:p

Pedro II, Harald Hardrada, and Robert the Bruce are long lost cousins....:p

Norse/Viking influence in Scotland is pretty well-established, but Brazilian? More of a stretch, unless you think of Copacabana Beach as one long sand trap.

Now I have the image of all three of them in checkered pants, polo shirts and caps leaning on their golf clubs. I shall have to go somewhere quiet and lie down for a while to get that out of my head...

Norse/Viking influence in Scotland is pretty well-established, but Brazilian? More of a stretch, unless you think of Copacabana Beach as one long sand trap.

Now I have the image of all three of them in checkered pants, polo shirts and caps leaning on their golf clubs. I shall have to go somewhere quiet and lie down for a while to get that out of my head...
Don't forget about the Norwegian curling pants!

See here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loudmouth_Golf

Loudmouth Golf is the official pants supplier of the Norwegian curling team.

Harald: Robert, these lakes are so empty! You should get in a Ship or two...
Pedro: Well Harald that won’t be eas... (turns head distracted): hey are these playing on hole 15 Leonardo and Einstein? (Angered). Robert, i told you using golf to convince them coming to Scotland is cheap an disonorable... plus you’re depriving them from living the Carnaval (breaks club) I think I’m not in the mood for playing anymore!!

On the bracer. Now I wonder if all of them have it hidden somewhere.

Time for a new game to kill time.

On the bracer. Now I wonder if all of them have it hidden somewhere.

Gitarja also has several on her armband. I think it's likely all of the leaders have one somewhere on their person. One of the leader designers mentioned making the Firaxis logo more visible because they were tired of people not noticing them.

Gitarja.jpg

Not sure if this has already been commented on yet, but based on their agenda, AI England and AI Scotland will likely end up to be best friends, which is amusing (unless you consider this to be Victoria's England and she was also Queen of Scotland ;)).

On the other hand, Bruce and Chandragupta will be instantly at each other's throats.

I wonder if you can "liberate" cities that change hands due to loyalty flip.

Top Bottom