1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

First Peoples of North America - *Updated with Sioux and Iroquois* 10 Civs!"

Discussion in 'Civ4 - New Civilizations' started by Wyz_sub10, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Wyz_sub10

Wyz_sub10 CIV Gold - Project Lead

I knew he was a medicine man, but...

http://www.incwell.com/Biographies/SittingBull.html

I also thought he was a Hunkpapa chief prior to that, as well.

2. Sarkozy

Sarkozy Chieftain

If you would ask a Sioux where his home is, he would answer "near the Black Hills". In Lakota Sioux they are called "Paha Sapa" and I would suggest that this would be a nice name for a capital.

Also I would like to add Chingachcook to the list of Iroquois chiefs. I have not found any suitable pictures in the web but my mother has lots of books on the first peoples and I could see what I can find if you are interested. She also speaks Sioux if you would like further translations.

One last question. My Sioux-flag is simply white, with no symbols whatsorever. Is this supposed to be like that and where is the file I have to change if I want to?

Greetings from Germany (sorry for my English).

3. Wyz_sub10

Good suggestion! I'm not making updates to this mod anymore, but I can update the Sioux Empire in CIV Gold.

If you/she has any comments on anything re: the Sioux, that would be great. Cities names are currently based on tribes and groups, and I have used the Brule Warrior as the UU. Any comments you have would be appreciated.

The file should not be like that. The "white flag" problem occurs from time to tim in mods, caused by the alpha channel "resetting". Look at the sticky: "How to Download, Install and Play a Civ". I've written a piece on the white flag problem.

Your English is great. :) Can you call for Dirk Nowitzki to came back home? My Phoenix Suns stand a better chance with him out of the lineup.

4. 1cmanning

1cmanning Chieftain

firstly, i'm running on a macbook...

anyways... i downloaded the native peoples mod... and put it in all the right folders... but when i open the mod nothing shows up in the civ selection... i'm not running warlord or bts either... just regular civ iv.

PS on your list of woodland tribes, i noticed my people werent listed... the wampanoag... you listed the massachusett, but not the wampanoag... wtf...

PPS could you make a mod based on king philip's war the war between the english settlers and a lot of the new england indian folk in the late 1600's? that would be great...

kutaputush -- thank you

5. Wyz_sub10

There is a text-related problem for Macs. Check out the Mac thread here:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=188041

You may be most interested in AlanH's link within that thread.

This mod is being updated in modular format for Warlords and BtS, but I can definitely make that addition.

Unfortunately scenario-making lies outside my abilities. :( But I agree that would make for a great map.