First Peoples of North America - *Updated with Sioux and Iroquois* 10 Civs!"

I posted a fix for the flags on Page 1. In doing so, I hope to have resolved two issues:

1 - created true Alpha Channel flags, so there should be no more "white flags"

2 - edited the PlayerColor values to prevent "border overlap" when playing with FP and vanilla civs.

Attachments

• Flags.jpg
    Flags.jpg
    422.3 KB · Views: 249
Hey wyz sub you wouldnt be willing to convert this mod to warlords would you. Im willing to convert the unitinfos and art defines:groucho:

tlucky4life said:
Hey wyz sub you wouldnt be willing to convert this mod to warlords would you. Im willing to convert the unitinfos and art defines:groucho:

Definitely. I just need to acquaint myself with the necessary changes first. But yeah, that'd be great.

Originally Posted by FOFO13
ok, the place i have been putting thems is in my documents, games, civ 4, mods. i download them into the mod folder then unzip them there....is that the right place?

No, put them in:

Program Files\Firaxis\Sid Meier's Civilization4\Mods

(I may have missed a level somewhere - do not overwrite Assets - make sure you are in the Mod directory (there are other mods there - i.e. Desert War)).

*Do not* put them into the My Documents Mod folder. It doesn't work correctly.'

I have the same problem, and I do this and it still does not work! It works for some (like the Isreal mod), but not others (like the Bztaium or Sumerian, or FInish mod.) And others, like Earth24 or the Star Wars mods just termanate the program and give me a 'Sorry for the inconvision' message.

Ivanthe Perfect said:
I have the same problem, and I do this and it still does not work! It works for some (like the Isreal mod), but not others (like the Bztaium or Sumerian, or FInish mod.) And others, like Earth24 or the Star Wars mods just termanate the program and give me a 'Sorry for the inconvision' message.

I answered this in the sticky - it sounds like you are using a non-Warlords mod with Warlords, or vice versa. Make sure that this isn't the case.

'I answered this in the sticky - it sounds like you are using a non-Warlords mod with Warlords, or vice versa. Make sure that this isn't the case.'

I downloaded these mods months before Warlords came out.

Ivanthe Perfect said:
I downloaded these mods months before Warlords came out.

So you've always had this problem, and you don't have Warlords now?

If so, then I suggest you install them as suggested, and make the change in the _Config file as suggested in the sticky. This will load the mod automatically.

Then, check the top right corner to see if the mod name is there.

If the program is just terminating, I don't know what to tell you. All I can suggest is a fresh install, patch to 1.61, then try downloading the latest version of the mod you want.

I successfully loaded First Nation, with your latest zip files. And when I tried to play it got an error message that had to do with the XML files. Reading posts here it means it has not been updated for the latest patch, and the Leader Chines, Tech Utopia, 3 Gorges, and Forbidden Palace files need to be redone in the CivilzationsInfo, LeaderheadInfo, and UnitInfo areas.

Being a techno dummy, How do I do this?

GoldenThunders said:
I successfully loaded First Nation, with your latest zip files. And when I tried to play it got an error message that had to do with the XML files. Reading posts here it means it has not been updated for the latest patch, and the Leader Chines, Tech Utopia, 3 Gorges, and Forbidden Palace files need to be redone in the CivilzationsInfo, LeaderheadInfo, and UnitInfo areas.

Being a techno dummy, How do I do this?

Odd, because I did update this for 1.61. Are you sure you're patched to 1.61? ;)

Let me re-check the files and if I missed this, I'll make the modifications. I've listed the spicific changes elsewhere on this site...

Here you are - this is from the New Civs sticky:

This can be corrected by editing the mod XML files to change a few tags. Information on the specifics of this is available on this site. Generally speaking, LEADER_MAO_ZEDONG has to be chanegd to LEADER_CHINESE_LEADER; TECH_COMMUNISM to TECH_UTOPIA; BUILDING_THREEGORGESDAM to BUILDING_GREAT_DAM; and BUILDING_FORBIDDEN_PALACE to BUILDING_GREAT_PALACE. These changes must be made in CivilizationsInfo, LeaderheadInfo and UnitInfo.

You can do this with a simple text editor or with a freeware editor like ExamXML.

If you can wait until tomorrow, though, I'll check the files and post a fix.

When the Athabascans (part of the Dene) migrated south, some of them mixed with the Anasazi to become the Navaho, while others chose to remain separate and became the Apache. Therefore, the Navaho are related to both the Anasazi and the Apache.

The Cherokee are an Iroquoian people.
The Comanche, like the Soshone, are Aztecian.

Proper Iroquois city list (this in contrast to Civ3) (the order could be optimized):

Onondaga (Onondaga) (capital)
Oneida (Oneida)
Teyagon (at Toronto) (Seneca)
Ganaraske (at Port Hope) (Cayuga)
Akwesasne (=Saint Regis) (Mohawk)
Canienga (Canienga=Mohawk)
Ogdensburgh (=Oswegatchie) (Onondaga / Oneida)
Caughnawaga (Mohawk)
Cattaraugus (Seneca)
Kente (Cayuga)

Gandesetaiagon (=Oshawa) (Seneca)
Tiohero (Cayuga)
Niagara Falls (Neutral / Tuscarora)
Tonawanda (Seneca)
Owego (Cayuga)
Kanagaro (Mohawk)
Opolopong (Oneida)
Grand River (Seneca)
Deseroken (Onondaga)
Allegany (Seneca)

Salamanca (=Bucktooth) (Seneca)
Tuscarora (Tuscarora)
Saratoga (Mohawk)
Geneseo (Seneca)
Chondote (Cayuga)
Tyendinaga (=Brantville) (Mohawk)
Tueadasso (Onondaga)
Buckaloon (Seneca)
Onnontare (Cayuga)
Skohare (Mohawk)

Catherine's Town (Seneca)
Ganogeh (Cayuga)
Lac des Deux Montagnes (=Oka) (Mohawk)
Skannayutenate (Cayuga)
Oriska (Oneida)
Canajoharie (Mohawk)
Oil Springs (Seneca)
Gannentaha (Onondaga)
Buffalo Creek (Seneca)
Neodakheat (Cayuga)

Cowassalong (Oneida)
Union Springs (Cayuga)
Venango (Seneca)
Nowadaga (Mohawk)
Chemung (Seneca)
Osquake (Mohawk)
Cittenango (Oneida)
Gadoquat (Onondaga)
Onnahee (Seneca)
Mingo Town (mixed Iroquois)

Iroquois great people list:

Kryn
Kateri Tekakwitha
Garangula
Canassatego
Skenandoah
Handsome Lake
Cornplanter
Joseph Brant
Sagoyewatha
Ely Parker
Descaheh

Ribannah said:
When the Athabascans (part of the Dene) migrated south, some of them mixed with the Anasazi to become the Navaho, while others chose to remain separate and became the Apache. Therefore, the Navaho are related to both the Anasazi and the Apache.

The Cherokee are an Iroquoian people.
The Comanche, like the Soshone, are Aztecian.

Yes, I agree with all this, and I think I mention most of this in the Pedia entires. In the end, though, I decided to "regionalize" it in order to mimick a geographical grouping.

So far, I've only added the Iroquois and Sioux to CIV Gold, but would like to add the others. If you have a suggestion for a different approach, I'd be interested.

Hi,

If you regionalize, you could do it according to where they lived first, instead of where they lived after relocation.
The Iroquois are big and homely (and important) enough to be a separate civ all by themselves. I wouldn't group them with their mortal enemies. Their UU could be a musketman that treats forests as roads.

My home town is Chittenango, New York - which means Where the Water runs North...saw it spelled Cittenango. Oneida territory but the Tuscarora settled here too.

My preference is for naming by the most powerfull/influentia/famousl tribe of the region. So your looking at roughly...

Cheeroke, Irriquoi, Navajo, Siox, Nez Perce, Chinnok, Inuit, Huron, Comanche

Good luck with this mod, I'm Eager to see these Civs in CivGold

I think that if they need to commercialized a little you could name Nishnabe the Algonquin alliance. They represent an important group in American history and I would love to see them in CIV Gold. The three fires, the Huron, the Shawnee these groups represent the mortal enemies of the Haudensayee and allies of french interest in America. These were large powerful groups that sometimes get overlooked because they mostly allied with the french in America.

Impaler[WrG] said:
My preference is for naming by the most powerfull/influentia/famousl tribe of the region. So your looking at roughly...

Cheeroke, Irriquoi, Navajo, Siox, Nez Perce, Chinnok, Inuit, Huron, Comanche

Good luck with this mod, I'm Eager to see these Civs in CivGold

This is an idea I've gone back and forth with since I started. Iroquois and Sioux are already in Gold, and Inuit (Upaajut) was added to 3.0 just recently. I'd be interested in some additional feedback on this, but I don't think it's a bad idea, certainly.

just so you know, Sitting Bull wasn't a tribe leader. he was a medicine man.

Top Bottom