• nobody

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • abstain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

robboo

Deity
Please vote for one candidate for Foreign Minister.

Landslide? i doubt that. If anyone has questions they are most welcome to ask them.

well I jhaven't voted yet. I'll ask this question. If we are in a position to capture an unprocted rival's 2nd city (w/o a founding religon), would you reccomend we capture it?

is that a trick question?

no. why would it be?

ybbor said:
well I jhaven't voted yet. I'll ask this question. If we are in a position to capture an unprocted rival's 2nd city (w/o a founding religon), would you reccomend we capture it?

Firstly thanks for the question ybbor.
Unless there was an extreemly good reason for capturing the city i would be against it. I'm assuming that like the civ3 MTDG, our start positions will be spread out, so any early war would be long and expend a great number of resources that could be used in more important areas.

If you look at the civ3 MTDG you can see the difference between the two teams who didn't have a war (KISS and MIA) and the two teams who did (Doughnut and TNT). For those not in this game, KISS and MIA's score is in the 600's, while Doughnut and TNT is in the 400's with the gap continuing to widen.

Now even if we had decided that the civ we met had to go, i would still be against taking the city until we had enough units to finsh the job in one go, otherwise your just giving them plenty of oppertunity to build units of their own. A small but quick victory is not worth in the long run.

So all in all unless we really want the civ gone and we have the units in place to finish them off altogether, then i would recommend leaving the city alone and being nice to them. I hope that helps:)

Congrats Robi D.

you got my vote for JA...

Anyone suprised that donsig went and nominated himself vs swissy.

Not at all, while donsig was being anal following the rules, he was doing just that and many people would have whined if he hadnt been, anyways, get foreign ministering Robi :)

Thanks to everyone for their support. I will be setting up the Foreign Office shortly:)

Top Bottom