Forum Members' Photographs 25: Instagram Is Overrated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hair grows back.

@Kyriakos, I suspect your use of "eastern european women" may be the reason why the email notification for this post was flagged as "suspicious" (it's the sort of thing that occasionally shows up in my spam folder; for some reason they're not too fussy about who they try to scam).

Either that, or Thunderfall has been up to questionable things again... :hmm:

This is me doing a goofy face. It felt very Resident Evil where I was.
upload_2020-1-19_9-31-54.png

Where are you when this was taken? It looks like a covered walkway, but the thing at the back that looks like a stripy radiator is throwing me off.

Where are you when this was taken? It looks like a covered walkway, but the thing at the back that looks like a stripy radiator is throwing me off.
Leeds Industrial Museum. I was at the bottom of the museum next to the water wheel, and that curtain was presumably to stop any birds or whatever getting into that part of the museum.

Fair enough! I remember "Leeds" being this scary-sounding metropolis when I was in primary school. I'm not sure I've ever been there since.

We used to go to Yorkshire on a regular basis, but that was very many years ago. Harrogate was a nice place, from my dim memories of childhood.

@Loerwyn Welcome to Off Topic! Please come back often.

If you had been following the raves thread, you'd know about me and a tall eastern european woman :)

I didn't take the pic - and in the resolution it is I suppose my eye looks like punched rather than an eye infection toning down...
I hoped you smiled!
:p

Cool! How heavy is that?

Oh, and how tall are you?
It wasn't the lightest thing. I can't give you a number for how heavy it was, but you definitely would need practice to carry it around all day and use it in war. Same with the gladius (no pics of me holding a sword - I think my facial expression would scare people) - a very good weight and balance, but you would definitely need training to deal with the weight consistently.

I'm about 5'9", I believe. At least that's what I was told when I was measured last.

It wasn't the lightest thing. I can't give you a number for how heavy it was, but you definitely would need practice to carry it around all day and use it in war. Same with the gladius (no pics of me holding a sword - I think my facial expression would scare people) - a very good weight and balance, but you would definitely need training to deal with the weight consistently.

I'm about 5'9", I believe. At least that's what I was told when I was measured last.

So slightly taller than the average Roman soldier. This calls for stabbing them in the toes.

Oh, no. I know how to use a gladius :D

I meant that when they were behind that thing they were pretty well covered, so stabbing them in the toes would be a good option with a gladius; possibly the only option. However, before going at them with the gladius I recommend applying a couple pilia. Otherwise, using an axe of some sort would probably be preferred.

I meant that when they were behind that thing they were pretty well covered, so stabbing them in the toes would be a good option with a gladius; possibly the only option. However, before going at them with the gladius I recommend applying a couple pilia. Otherwise, using an axe of some sort would probably be preferred.
As a bank robber once told me, never bring a gladius to a gun fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom