France - Nostalgie de la Boue

François-Marie Arouet or Voltaire

Born in Paris in 1694 to a local lawyer and housewife, Voltaire has become quite the sensation with the young French anti-royalist cause with his inspirational works encouraging freedom of religion, freedom of expression, and even daring to suggest the separation of church from state. Now, Voltaire is increasingly encouraging his young French followers to address the problems of the current French "republic" to the King.

I dunno I'm just here to fix peoples' French.

Link to video.

OOC: VGL, you do realize that the author has not stated that there is such a major social problem as the oppression of a minority, and that you can't create a social problem that major just to satisfy your need to have a revolutionary character?

No problem Greek! I told him there was, I'm telling lots of different people little aspects of the story so I can work them into it.

Also sorry guys that the first chapter had to be pushed back to tomorrow. At least it gave a little more time for people to add their character. I woke up yesterday at 6PM and was like "What? I swore I had a morning... I feel like I've been roofied."

Expect a participation from me as soon as the semester is finished. This seems promising :D

@VGL
I don't want to be pesky, but as CK realized from my words that I didn't know about the Oxford Comma, and taught me about it, I realized you have been frequently mixing 'though' with 'thought'. In many posts that you used thought, you should have used though. The expression 'even though' that you used on your last post was mispelled as 'even thought'. 'Thought' is the past tense and also past participle of the verb 'to think'.
Now don't ask me what 'though' means. I have no idea. It's one of those words that have no exact translation to my own language, but by using it a lot I got used to it :p

It seems we learn more English on CFC than anywhere else :lol:

Spoiler :

Léo Colbert

A member of the noblesse oblige, Léo Colbert was born in Bordeaux 1734 to a family of clerks and government workers. His father was a strong républicain and loathed the lingering influence the monarchy still had on France. Colbert is deeply invested in these views and laissez faire economics. Colbert wishes to build his stature to one day represent his home province and one day, all of France itself

Strengths:
Gregarious, relatively intelligent, decisive, affable

Weaknesses:
Rather pudgy, short tempered, can underestimate opponents

Is it tomorrow yet

Sorry, haven't had the time! I changed it to "Coming soon" on the index. I might get to it this weekend BUT, I do have a pretty cute girl I'm meeting with from Tinder so who knows.

Sorry, haven't had the time! I changed it to "Coming soon" on the index. I might get to it this weekend BUT, I do have a pretty cute girl I'm meeting with from Tinder so who knows.
Ooo. Try some French on her.

Hit her up with the, "tu aurais envie de faire l'amour ce soir?" That is, if she's French.

I really hope RT has a long weekend or something.

RT, I think you have too much weekend in your state/country and your time is much slower.

Top Bottom