1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Thunderfall, Jul 22, 2003.

1. Takhisis

Takhisis Would-be overnight hero

Notice the smiley at the end of the post, Valka. ;)

2. Valka D'Ur

Valka D'Ur Hosting Iron Pen in A&E Retired Moderator

Yes, and...?

I knew you were joking, but it's a legitimate question anyway. Not all problems around here get answered in their own threads.

3. Kimiimaro

Kimiimaro King

May I ask about something? I'm unable to change my title. The forum rules say that it's possible after 30 days and 30 posts. I'm registered for almost a year and I have posted more than 2700 messages. What should I do?

By the way, the "Upload a File" button is missing in my conversations. I also have to wait for three minutes between two posts here on CFC.

4. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Try all that again. PM me if anything is still not working as expected.

5. Kimiimaro

Kimiimaro King

I have to test if I have to wait between two posts yet, but the title can be changed now and I can now upload things to conversations. Thanks for your help!

Edit: Just tested it, looks like the three minute waiting is also gone. Everything is now working as it should :)

6. Takhisis

Right now I see you as Warlord?

7. Kimiimaro

Kimiimaro King

Changed it to King this morning :)

8. Buster's Uncle

Buster's Uncle AC2 Co-Owner

Hmm. That raises a policy question -I believe "King" is the correct default PC-rank title for 2,732 posts- but what if, for example, I were to change my user title to "Emperor"? On the one hand, trivial, and no one should care if I'm dumb enough to show my butt in public that way. On the other, it's inherently triggering to the OCD-ish tendencies many of us share, to tamper with reality that way, putting the wrong default PC rank up. On the gripping hand, I'm pretty certain there ain't a syllable in the rules against it.

I'm curious as to how the management would tend to approach such a matter...

9. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

With complete indifference. A custom title is a custom title, even if it is the same as a default title.

10. Takhisis

It's not as if I were to become a hero overnight anyway (check again in the morning, just in case).

tjs282 and Buster's Uncle like this.
  11. rah

rah Chieftain Supporter

Tomorrow is the first day of spring, could we lose the christmas hat smileys PLEASE

12. Valka D'Ur

Valka D'Ur Hosting Iron Pen in A&E Retired Moderator

They've been gone for weeks. If you clear your cache, you shouldn't see them anymore.

13. rah

rah Chieftain Supporter

DOH

Synsensa likes this.
  14. Buster's Uncle

Say - better to use this slightly catch-all thread for a minor tech report than start a new one (correct? [:) Now the post is on topic]).

I'm getting those 'IE is blocking something for security reasons' notice boxes on this site each page I load this morning - or was until I came in here to report. Now you know.

15. Takhisis

IE? You're using Internet Explorer?

16. Patine

Patine Chieftain

I use it too, and I don't have all of these endless issues, problems, and Medievalisms that supposedly make it unworkable that I'm told from on high by so many that obliged to have, acknowledge, and agree to excoriate.

Hygro likes this.
  17. Takhisis

Well, I'd recommend moving to Firefox immediately, but the latest IE is still maintained IIRC. Perhaps he has an outdated version?

18. Buster's Uncle

Perhaps I run a place -one that all browser-specific problems seem to spring from FF- and need to be in the most-used browser that isn't that awful MSEdge that won't work the pulldowns, and have long been on record as finding browser snobs utter boors...

-At any rate, it went away as soon as I came into this thread to report. -Figures. Perhaps some particular ad had issues or someone was doing maintenance stuff behind the scenes just before my post?

19. Takhisis

I'm not being a snob, it's just that in my experience Firefox has trumped IE at every turn.

20. Buster's Uncle

Siiigh.

Tak, do you also lecture smokers as if they might be hearing it for the first time from YOU?