Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

In... uh... 3 weeks I might have time to have a look at this (post a reminder here in case I don't).
As @Buster's Uncle points out, it's a big search and try operation, since it's simply not easy to find the right options in the interface, and then you never know what else you'll change.
The best thing I can promise is to make the contrast stronger, but nothing with colours.

Hi!
What are the requirements or whom do I need to contact, if I also want to have a folder in Civ4 - Project & Mod Development for my mod and move a few related threads there also? :)

Can this resource be moved to the civ 4 modern units category?

Can this resource be moved to the civ 4 modern units category?
Done.

Feel free to report resources which need to be moved, might be easier :).

Awkward navigation. If I click Civ 5 and then Forums, why do I see the whole list from Civ 6 on back through history? Aren't the Civ 5 forums all within a folder of their own?

Awkward navigation. If I click Civ 5 and then Forums, why do I see the whole list from Civ 6 on back through history? Aren't the Civ 5 forums all within a folder of their own?
You can collapse all the forums you don't want to read. It's located in the upper right-hand corner on the relevant forums on the main index page. This is what it looks like in the Dark theme (the toggles may be differently shaped with other themes but it will be in the same place):

collapse-forums-cfc.png

As you can see, I have the Civ III and Civ IV forums collapsed, as I don't play either of those. I have the Civ II forums toggled because I do play that and still post there occasionally. Collapsing the forums you're not interested in will make navigation much easier and faster.

"Forums" is the top category, to put it a more accurate way, it is the top folder with Feedback, OT, Civ 6, Civ 5, etc folders within it. When you click Civ 5 you are choosing the Civ 5 specific forums: General..., Ideas..., Strategy..., etc. By clicking Civ 5 and then Forums, you are choosing to back out of the Civ 5 folder to the master Forums folder, where if you have not limited the choices shown by collapsing some, as Valka D'Ur describes above, you will see all the subforums in each Civ folder. Since Civ 6 is the most recent one, it shows at the top of the list. If you only want the Civ 5 sub forums to show, click Civ 5 as you have been doing and leave it there. Don't click Forums.

I'm now getting a quirk, which you can see in the attached screenshot. I participated in a Civ 6 forum about a Univ Leyden study by two researchers who compared Civ 1 and Civ 6 in regard to relevance and freedom of "western" government types. Now it appears as a glitch in my Civ 5 (yes FIVE, not a typo) display, with empty number of posts, NA, question mark, etc. Only TheJ listed as OP.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-12-08 at 3.59.35 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-12-08 at 3.59.35 AM.png
    140.6 KB · Views: 12
Yes, this seems weird, but is actually correct.
The forum allows us to essentially create links from one place to another, and you see one of them.
This thread is kinda interesting for all Civilization titles, but we don't have an option to combine threads from multiple forums into one (as this would be handy here). Instead, of creating a separate thread in each forum, I made a link in the Civ1 to Civ5 forums to this thread. The default display is then indeed without any number of replies, views, etc, as you see it here.
I think in the old vbulletin times the naming of these links was more obvious. Right now it is indeed so that it's not clear that this is a link :think:.

Hi. I tried my best to look around and figure it out for myself, but I just couldn't. I'm ready to concede defeat. How do I change my profile location? lol.

Hi. I tried my best to look around and figure it out for myself, but I just couldn't. I'm ready to concede defeat. How do I change my profile location? lol.
Click the small icon of your avatar on the top right-hand side of the screen (next to the envelope icon). That lets you into your account.

Click "Account Details" on the left hand side.

cfc-account-details.png

Then scroll down past "Username", "Email", "Email Options", "Avatar", "Profile Banner", "Custom Title", and "Date of Birth".

The next one will be your "Location." Change it to whatever you want, and then click Save.

cfc-location.png

That should do it.

Top Bottom