Frequently Asked Questions

I don't know the answer but maybe this subforum might help? http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=177

Just wondering - if I switch the alignment of a leader because of religion (ie. from Evil to Good), is it permanent or will it switch back if I change religion? If I adopt Order as Svartlafar and change to Good from Evil, if I adopt Leaves later, will I stay good or switch back to Evil?

The religious alignment changes are permanent at least until something else changes them. The Fellowship of the Leaves does not effect alignment, so Faeryl would remain Good if she adopted The Order before that.

Where do I find what controls the Favored Promotion (granted from Spiritual Trait) xp gain rate? I've noticed that Disciples xp gain rate is very paltry but for Priests it is very nice.

Under Mods\Fall from Heaven 2\Assets\XML\Units\CIV4PromotionInfos.xml there is a tag called <iSpellCasterXP> which controls the percent chance (modified by game speed, I think) that the promotion will cause an eligible unit to gain a point of experience each given turn.

It will only give the XP to units which have <bFreeXP>1 in their defines in Mods\Fall from Heaven 2\Assets\XML\Units\CIV4UnitInfos.xml.

Promotions which use that tag include Potency (which Spiritual gives to Disciples and Arcane gives to Adepts), Channeling 1-3, and Unholy Taint.

Base level disciples could only have the xp from Potency, but Priests all have channeling promotions too.

Other promotions (in fact only the Hero promotion, iirc) may grant xp through a different tag, <iFreeXPPerTurn>, which gives guaranteed xp every turn for any type of unit up to a limit of 100 (or whatever you set in the FREE_XP_MAX define in Mods\Fall from Heaven 2\Assets\XML\GlobalDefinesAlt.xml).

So basically priests also have the channelling I and II promotions which also may grant xp which is why Priests gain xp much faster than their disciple counterparts.

Well, technically, the only priests that have Channeling I are the Priests of Winter. The rest have Channeling II without Channeling I, and the High Priests (not of Winter) have Channeling II and III without Channeling I. Heroes like Chalid and Yvain have all the channeling promotions, and of course Hero, so they level up fastest.

How many turns does it take to turn a New Forest (From Bloom) into a Forest. What's the % chance per turn of turning a Forest into an Ancient Forest?

Bloom doesn't guarantee a certain number of turns for the new forest to upgrade to forest. The % chance should be shown when you look up the feature in the civilopedia in game. The value is FEATURE_UPGRADE_CHANCE found in GlobalDefinesAlt.xml, so if you have a 3 for that value then you have a 3% chance to upgrade (unless there is something else going in a python/dll function that I simply don't know about)

Is there any spell or some other way to transform marshes into something useful?

Thanks, but my question was strictly in regard to the unmoded mod. The various modmods are nice and all. But they don't play well with scenarios.

Do those actually do anything to marshes?

Thanks, but my question was strictly in regard to the unmoded mod. The various modmods are nice and all. But they don't play well with scenarios.

AFAIK almost no one plays with the unmoded mod. Over the years various improvements have been made to the mod (like BUG and the AI improvements that started off MNAI) and ultimately most of them are only really available to the ffh2 world via the modmods unless you add them in yourself.

Vitalize is your only option to affect a marsh in the base ffh2 as genesis doesn't in MNAI so I'd assume it also doesn't in base ffh2.

he already said he's using the unmodded version because he wants to play the scenarios. can you confirm that they all work correctly in MNAI?

I would be surprised if they didn't work correctly in More Naval AI, as they work in ExtraModMod even with all the stuff it adds. More Naval AI actually tries to keep compatibility with vanilla FFH2 (as long as you disable Advanced Tactics and the other new options), so the scenarios (which have those options disabled) should be identical except for having to face the improved AI. If they don't work, it is a bug which should be reported and would get fixed (I'd be glad to help with such a bug if it exists).

It's not about it working or not. The scenarios were constructed, balanced and designed for the unchanged game. That is the way the authors intended them to be played. Thus, that is the best possible way to play them.

Nevermind.

Top Bottom