Frequently Asked Questions

I could not get this mod to work so I completely uninstalled Civ IV and all expansions. Then I ...

Defragged my Hard Drive
Installed Civ IV
Installed Civ IV BtS
Updated to 3.13
Downloaded/installed FfH 2030
Downloaded/installed FfH 2030 Media Pack
Ran the game and it crashed on loading XML
Downloaded/installed Patch e
Ran the game and: GFC Error Failed to initialize the primary control theme

Is this music? Has anyone else had this problem? How do I get FfH2 to run?

OOS means that different things happen on your computer and your friend's computer. For example, in your game a warrior loses a battle and in your friend's game the warrior wins it. Now everytime he does something with that warrior you will get an OOS error because the unit doesn't exist in your game anymore

Yeah you can still continue to play but eventually your games will differ so much it's pointless to continue

I could not get this mod to work so I completely uninstalled Civ IV and all expansions. Then I ...

Defragged my Hard Drive
Installed Civ IV
Installed Civ IV BtS
Updated to 3.13
Downloaded/installed FfH 2030
Downloaded/installed FfH 2030 Media Pack
Ran the game and it crashed on loading XML
Downloaded/installed Patch e
Ran the game and: GFC Error Failed to initialize the primary control theme

Is this music? Has anyone else had this problem? How do I get FfH2 to run?

Few ppl had it. WIth me it helped reinstalling the mod again.

I didn't get something about Loki. It is stated that he can be killed if completely surrounded. But I was unable to do it: he jumped over and run away again. Was anybody able to kill him? Or he must be surrouded by the double ring?

And I'd like to know: if he is able to win any fight? Looks like he engages the enemy before runaway, he loses some health as well as enemy. But i hav never seen him winning even against rather weak enemy.

He has been able to win a fight for me. A goblin attacked him while he was on a forested hill, and he shot up to 5 exp or so. No promotions to spend his XP on however, so he didn't even go all blue-glow, just sat around at 5/2 XP for the entire game.

He can really only be killed if he is attacked while in a town. People have tried to do a double circle and still he jumps out of reach.

But, with HN units, it is FAR too easy to kill him if he is foolish enough to step into one of your towns. And his Charm Person will be useless since you can move more than 1 space using your own roads.

Aha... Thanks.

He has been able to win a fight for me. A goblin attacked him while he was on a forested hill, and he shot up to 5 exp or so. No promotions to spend his XP on however, so he didn't even go all blue-glow, just sat around at 5/2 XP for the entire game.

He can really only be killed if he is attacked while in a town. People have tried to do a double circle and still he jumps out of reach.

But, with HN units, it is FAR too easy to kill him if he is foolish enough to step into one of your towns. And his Charm Person will be useless since you can move more than 1 space using your own roads.

He can also be killed with enough first strikes (managed to do this once), because units can't retreat while the enemy has his first strikes.

Script exec error: +72.lua: bad argument #1 to `ipairs` (table expected, got nil): -1

This is the exact same error I'm getting.

I'm using Windows Vista (part of me suspects this is the culprit) and am dealing with a fresh install of Civ IV plus both expansions -- so I don't think that's the culprit. As it is, Gameflood downloads the entire .exe file and then simply won't install it. When I select 'Play' from the Gameflood menu I get the exact above error.

Some help would *really* be appreciated.

EDIT: Never mind -- found the answer. Simply needed to download the file without using the Gameflood Download Manager.

He can also be killed with enough first strikes (managed to do this once), because units can't retreat while the enemy has his first strikes.

with patch e I had him killed three times when the AI used him exploring, so the retreat option doesn't get used much as I have never seen anybody surrounded by the AI.

I thought assassins could conquer a city? I have a case where Alazkin can't enter a empty Barb city. Both he and his illusionary duplicate attacked the city taking out the last unit but Alazkin can't enter the city now.
Thanks

quick question: Can luchiurp build dwarven druids? I researched the tech, built groves and all that,.. but they don't come up to build. There are no required resources according to the civopedia and the say its a UU for the Luch, so...

Dwarven Druids (like all other druids) require a Neutral alignment; since both of the Luchuirp leader start wiht a good alignment, you will need convert religions in order to get the alignment needed in order to build druids.

You could either adopt Octopus Overlords or the Council of Esus to turn Neutral, or the Ashen Veil to turn Evil followed by the Runes of Kilmorph or the Empyrean to turn Neutral.

Since both Khazad (the other Dwarven civ) leaders start our neutral, no religion conversions are needed for them to have the needed alignment (unless they had adopted the Order to turn Good or the Ashen Veil to turn Evil)

ah, yeah. Forgot that. Thanks.

Is the bonus from Castles and Citadels, etc cumulative. I.e. would I get +60% strength from 4 citadels on this tile marked with an O?
Code:
x = citadel
[x][ ][ ][ ][x]
[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ][ ][o][ ][ ]
[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[x][ ][ ][ ][x]

Top Bottom