Funniest Thing the Computer has Said?

I was at war with the Japanese, and they had only one city left. I decided to try and make peace just to see what they'd give me. I said to them "My troops approach your cities... etc." and they replied "War! Huh -- Good god, ya'll! What is is good for? Absolutely nothing! I'd be happy to make peace with you." :)

I got from Hannibal: "Despite the rumors spread by my enemies, I am not a cannibal. Come closer."

I noticed on a couple occasions that the makers of the game must be huge fans of Kenny Rogers and The Beatles. Mao once said to me in a game, after wanting to make peace, "You've got to know when to hold them, know when to fold them". He must enjoy gambling with his life. :p

As for the Beatles, I think it was when I was quitting the game (I can't remember exactly), but it had some lyrics to a Beatles song. That put a smile on my face. :)

Originally posted by nickmandler
I have two favorites: the first is when India says: "India welcomes you, Joan d'Arc! Would you like a nice vegetarian curry?"
Score one for us vegitarians!!!

I got a screenie of that somewhere...

I asked Xerxes to remove his troops from my territory. And he replied:
"No problemo. We're outta here."

and later he asked me to get out of his territory and it offered me this reply:
"Sorry, bad maps."

:)

I traded tech with Montezuma.And he said something to the effect of "Good now i won't have to eat your liver"Monty is a good one for quotes

Pretty genreic but when you win the space race one of you opponents will say: 'Doh...I thought we were supposed to kick your people off the planet!" :lol:

Taken right from diplomacy.txt throw in your fav civ name:

"$CIVNAME5 the Great greets you. I, $AI4, desire peace with all my neighbors - even your puny culture. Accordingly, we desire that you accept this bargain and go forward with us in fellowship."

It's been a while back now, so I don't remember the exact quote.

I was Egypt and Shaka was asking for an MA against the Babs who were riping him apart:

Babalon persists in harrassing our women, childern, and cattle. Please lend us a hand in our war. We must protect those cattle!

Duke Grendel is telling the truth Alexander said the ayb thing to me after i lost gotm18

Originally posted by loduke
I just concluded a trade of techs with Montezuma, and he told me:

"In honor of this agreement and your friendship, I shall sacrifice nine virgins in your honor."

Seems a little extreme to me, but.... whatever floats his boat.

I got that once, I nearly wet myself it was so funny.

In the game i a currently playing i was talking to shaka and my advisor told me to "Be carefull we know shaka has mistreated our chinese friend's.I guess he'd been on vacation because i had just conquered the chinese

Shaka told me 'He you are a little too nice for your own good, if I were you I would kick my ass'.

Learned Japan feels sorry for the ignorant Celtic peopleand we gracouslyoffer to expand your tiny minds.wm for wm trade

Originally posted by cromagnon
In my current game in modern times, Joan of Arc has shaved her head, and is wearing a "L'ARMEE" tee-shirt.

Kinda reminds me of Demi Moore.

Oh yeah... that scarred me for life.

Originally posted by cromagnon
In my current game in modern times, Joan of Arc has shaved her head, and is wearing a "L'ARMEE" tee-shirt.

Kinda reminds me of Demi Moore.

Oh yeah... that scarred me for life.

i once had a revolution, then forgot (wtf was i smoking?) then clicked on the revolution button again. the reply was
"master, have did you take your medications this morning? :lol:

Top Bottom