Funniest Thing the Computer has Said?

One funny thing I got was "(no reply)"

That was when I downloaded the Civ3 Diplomacy editor and organized some of the quotes by civs, and some of the civs had "(no reply)" and I got that a lot. Demand tribute, nothing. Greet them, nothing.

This is how Catherine greeted me when she opened diplomacy once:
"Well, Bismark, how are things with you in Germany? Keeping those peasants downtrodden and oppressed? Good, good..."
:lol:

Ok one last one:

I was on chieftain, lost a diplomatic victory. The leaders were on the next screen, taunting me. Joan said, "Go back to chieftain!" when, like duh, I am on chieftain...

When I won a diplomatic victory, one leader said, "A plate of hero cookies for you!" It wasn't hillarous, but it was funny for me.

just had a good one in GOTM13 when i lost...... Egypt said "oh was that your last city?" erm no, but you was out of the game by the 1400's...... silly AI

Originally posted by hbdragon88
One funny thing I got was "(no reply)"

That was when I downloaded the Civ3 Diplomacy editor and organized some of the quotes by civs, and some of the civs had "(no reply)" and I got that a lot. Demand tribute, nothing. Greet them, nothing.

The reason you got "no reply" is because when you changed the settings for certain messages, like AIFIRSTCONTACT, you did not add the extra messages.

For example, if you told it to sort by mood, you will need 3x as many messages. If you leave them blank, it is replaced with "no reply"

I know, I figured that out when I had organized them using Civ3 Diplomacy Editor. It's been fixed now, and no longer have that.

I know, I figured that out when I had organized them using Civ3 Diplomacy Editor. It's been fixed now, and no longer have that.

cool. Glad to know you got it working ok.

When I demanded something, Lincoln said: "With friends like you, who needs enemies? We decline"

Whenever the Aztecs are in the game something good is bound to crop up ;

Attachments

• axtec.jpg
    axtec.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 977
In my current game in modern times, Joan of Arc has shaved her head, and is wearing a "L'ARMEE" tee-shirt.

Kinda reminds me of Demi Moore.

I was playing PTW Multiplayer when I opened my advisors window to find the Science Advisor saying, "Compared to you, most people have the IQ of a carrot." I WAS ROLLING!!!! :lol:

When I was beating the crap out of Cleopatra and her Egyptians, I told her "Our troops are approching your cities. I urge you that you sign a peace treaty while you can"

She said: "Bring it on, baby!"

Hee hee. Ha HA HA HA HA. OH IT HURTS!!!! (you know I'm overacting but that is funny. ;))

I just wiped out the two other civs on my continent and had not yet met any other civs. My foreign adviser cheerfully said, "Make more friends!" So he's as blood-thirsty as me, it seems. The timing made me burst out laughing.

When I was beating the crap out of Cleopatra and her Egyptians, I told her "Our troops are approching your cities. I urge you that you sign a peace treaty while you can"

She said: "Bring it on, baby!"

CLeo has always been a little fiesty one anyway ;)

In one of my recent games, I was the Babylonians, and the Chinese decided to sneak attack me. I fought them to a stalemate, and after like 10 turns, I went to them and asked for a treaty. Mao said, "War, huh, good God ya'll, what is it good for? Absolutely nothing!"

I was laughing so hard. :)

Originally posted by beorhtwulf
But as a Terry Pratchett fan, I just about fell out of my chair when Elizabeth made a counter-offer to one of my deals, "and that's cutting me own throat." :lol:

Yep. :) I :love: Terry Prachett.

Renata

I was playing my American scenario (mentioned in another thread), and I was making peace with China, when Mao said something along the lines of, "A wise man once said, 'you've got to know when to hold them, know when to fold them'".

Now, I had NO idea Mao was a Kenny Rogers fan! :lol:

I remember posting a game that sucked and Joan was in it. anyways I needed oil so I gave techs too her until she is in the industrial age. WOW she was BEUTIFUL! So I wondered what she was like in the Modern ages. So I gave her the techs.... and when I looked at her I screamed "OH MY GOD! IF THERE IS ANYONE UGLIER THAN THAT THEN PLEASE DON'T MAKE ME MEET HIM OR HER!! :lol::lol:

another good qoute is: "I lost a bomb. Do you have it?"
oh wait thats from RA2.

Top Bottom