1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Funniest Thing the Computer has Said?

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Stories & Tales' started by KnightOwl, Oct 31, 2001.

1. Mullet Crusader

Mullet Crusader Celtic Warrior

I play as the Celts all the time, so i never get to see their comments, so i made a game as someone else and made sure they ewre an AI civ, (I love how Brennus speaks Gaelic! :D ) and when i asked him for a loan of gold he goes:

"I'm sorry, Hannibal, but we're planning on using our money for much more sacred things. Bring on the alcohol!" This is partially funny because alcohol actually was part of the ancient Celtic religions.

2. bewareofgnomes

bewareofgnomes Back Again

after recently winning a diplomatic victory as spain, shaka says "you deserve a platter of hero cookies" i chuckeld a bit.

3. Beanzy

Beanzy Prince

After signing a MA w/ the Romans against Persia, I sent an envoy to the Romans and he responded, "The Roman people greet you! With your help we will crush our mutual foe, Persia, destroy their cities and so their field with salt... what can we do for you?"

4. Beanzy

Beanzy Prince

Also, moments later, after refusing to give the Romans physics, Caesar responded, "I see. Ahem. Well, if it weren't for the, uh, political climate at Rome, we would be destroying you - utterly." This has probably already been posted, but oh well, I am too lazy to check.

5. Beanzy

Beanzy Prince

After demanding a luxury from the Ottomans, Osman responded, "Is this some sort of game to you?! I like games very much! Would you like to play one of my favorites? I call it Hannibal-head soccerball!" :)

6. bewareofgnomes

bewareofgnomes Back Again

i was playing a dyp pleasure game today, and germany wanted me to join the dogpile against the celts. he offered a right op passage and a military alliance against the celts. he said " The war against the Celts proceeds as planned. Mighty Germany requires no assistance from ANYONE! Got that?"

7. rickyson1

rickyson1 Warlord

yea i know he's hooked on sacrificing or something because everytime i make a trade with him he says i will sacrifice 50 warriers in your honor.

8. rickyson1

rickyson1 Warlord

yea i know he's hooked on sacrificing or something because everytime i make a trade with him he says i will sacrifice 50 warriers in your honor.

9. rickyson1

rickyson1 Warlord

yea i know he's hooked on sacrificing or somthing because everytime i make a trade with him he says i will sacrifice 50 warriers in your honor.

10. rickyson1

rickyson1 Warlord

yea i know he's hooked on sacrificing or something because everytime i make a trade with him he says i will sacrifice 50 warriers in your honor:lol:

11. rickyson1

rickyson1 Warlord

sorry for the multi post

12. rickyson1

rickyson1 Warlord

tsk tsk tsk do you know nothing of aztec history i for one think it is nice they put those little bits of info surrounding their history into the game:goodjob: sid

13. rickyson1

rickyson1 Warlord

how about the your troups arrive they die saying. also did you ever notice how some civs talk to you wher your at war and some don't for instance: the babylonians always talk to me when i contact them.

14. Mercenary Gen.

Mercenary Gen. Chieftain

I got Isebella real mad ,offered her a deal and she said "You can kiss my royal ..."

15. conehead234

conehead234 Braves on the Warpath

I fell out of my chair laughing.

16. shadow2k

shadow2k Emperor

17. W S Churchill

W S Churchill Chieftain

I would love to see Blackadder write for Civ IV. We would have some beautiful phrases like:

"Baldrick, a conversation with you is like a broken pencil:....pointless"

18. Puzzlinon

Puzzlinon Insomaniac

My sig line is Hannibal's response to my attempt, as Egypt, to extort a little cash.

19. silver 2039

silver 2039 Deity

The funniest thing the computer has ever said was when the Celts were in my territory i told them to get out and Brennus said " Do my naked hordes make your soliders feel inferior than I will remove them at once."

20. Smellincoffee

Smellincoffee Trekkie At Large

I personally love this one:

"Greetings! Shall we trade, or would you prefer we go to war until one of us is wiped off the face of the planet?"