[GS] Future Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i like the idea of resources , like coal iron etc , to deplete and to discover new ones , firaxis could use the disasters for this too. makes a lot more sense than dust storm making farms more fertile forever.
Also why can we not raid/pillage those piled up resources? for example if we raid an encampment why do we not get some of those resources if the civ has some stockpiled?

The problem with a resource-dynamic map is that 1) it would require people to adjust their mines/etc on the map after districts, wonders, etc had been placed. It sounds cool at first but people would lost their minds in actuality. and 2) the AI would not be able to handle it.

The problem with a resource-dynamic map is that 1) it would require people to adjust their mines/etc on the map after districts, wonders, etc had been placed.

Right now when a new resource appear due to tech, the district/wonder works as an extractor. No need to adjust them at all.

Welcome to November, the month when the last two expansions were announced.
I do hope we hear something this month about new content whether they've started making it or not.

That survey from a while back does suggest that they're not quite done with Civ6; I'm not expecting any new mechanics to be brought to the game now, just new Civs, Leaders, Wonders and scenarios.

Right now when a new resource appear due to tech, the district/wonder works as an extractor. No need to adjust them at all.
I really dont like the districts and wonders working as extractors, but its a necessary evil with this system.

I hope for civ7 they keep districts, but have them be placed on individual city maps, similar to the city maps in civ2/3 only that you can influence placement and stuff. Then the main map is free for units and improvements again. ^^

The whole point of the districts was that the cities become more spread out on the map instead of having farms and metropols with nothing in between.

We just need more different improvements and terrain features then! :D

Welcome to November, the month when the last two expansions were announced.

Also I'd add it was 20th - 28th range, so nearly December.

I suspect they aren't going to put this patch out until the additional console ports are released.

Someone on Reddit said that for Civ V one of the expansions (or both?) were announced in Feb and released June / July. I could see a similar timing for a third expansion, although if so maybe we’d get a patch before then.

Either way. There’s going to be a lot more waiting.

[edit: as a point, I’d be okay with waiting until mid-2020 for more content, just so FXS have the maximum time to make sure stuff works and give people more time to digest what’s already in the game. But if they do that, it would be nice to get some indication they’re planning an expansion then. All this “will they won’t they” is getting just a little bit tedious.]

I think it is likely that we are going to get more content of some kind.

There will certainly be more content.

Will there be a 3xp? I think it’s more than 50% likely - honestly, there’s so much chat about it, FXS would really disappoint if they didn’t - but I don’t think one can say anything more than “it’s likely but not certain”.

I don’t really like developer diaries and all that sort of rubbish. Too high maintenance. But at this point, a bit of clarity from FXS in what’s going on would be very appreciated.

Still. Unlike this time late year, the game is currently lots of fun to play, all my favourite Civs don’t suck, and the AI... well, it’s not great, but is putting up a fight and that’s pretty good.

[edit: My bigger worry is more that it might be 3xp and then done. I certainly am not plumping for a fourth expansion or something crazy like that, but I do hope they keep developing Civ VI. As I’ve said before, I’d be particularly interested to see add-ons like a Colonization or Beyond Earth modules, or more stuff like Red Death. ]

Last edited:
honestly, there’s so much chat about it, FXS would really disappoint if they didn’t - but I don’t think one can say anything more than “it’s likely but not certain”.

I don’t really like developer diaries and all that sort of rubbish. Too high maintenance. But at this point, a bit of clarity from FXS in what’s going on would be very appreciated.

There was talk about a second Xcom 2 expansion last year (I think it was last year, I'm not sure), because of some stuff in the SteamDB. Firaxis didn't clarify anything and we only learned that it was a free DLC with a new mode and some cool stuff celebrating Xcom when it was finally announced. If the third expansion doesn't exist and Firaxis is working on something else, we certainly won't know into it is announced or leaked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom