[GS] Future Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with a resource-dynamic map is that 1) it would require people to adjust their mines/etc on the map after districts, wonders, etc had been placed. It sounds cool at first but people would lost their minds in actuality. and 2) the AI would not be able to handle it.
Well, they can avoid it in scenario by making them MP only, but they have to handle that point 2) for every new features they add in expansions.

There was talk about a second Xcom 2 expansion last year (I think it was last year, I'm not sure), because of some stuff in the SteamDB. Firaxis didn't clarify anything and we only learned that it was a free DLC with a new mode and some cool stuff celebrating Xcom when it was finally announced. If the third expansion doesn't exist and Firaxis is working on something else, we certainly won't know into it is announced or leaked.

The points on a 3xp are well rehearsed. There are certainly lots of things suggestive of a third expansion, and clearly room for one more. And the leaker for GS also suggested a 3xp. But there’s no official confirmation, and even if a 3xp was (is) planned, plans change and there’s no guarantee what a 3xp would cover or how big it would be - it could easily be just a dlc with new Civs, some units and buildings or whatever and no new mechanics. And whatever we get, there’s no way to really predict timing.

So. Yeah. Who knows.

I can't see a 3rd expansion happening. Each expansion, as opposed to an update, is centred around some major new mechanic - era score, and then climate. I can't see any of the ideas proposed above being major in that way. Most of them are tweaks, and you can't build an expansion out of tweaks. Suitable for an update, though.

Plague - do you really want to see a random event that removes half your population just like that? I don't see it being a fun mechanic.

Earthquakes - a good reason for not including earthquakes is that unlike the other disasters, they are not really visual. You can't see an earthquake - you just see that half a city is suddenly now in ruins. Whereas a volcano or tornado can be depicted. Again, it's questionable if it is a fun thing to have, or adds something to the game that's missing, given volcanos and tornados.

Well I still hope that there will be 3rd expansion. Diplomatic victory feel really off to me and some parts of world congress feel immersion breaking for - things like session with people you never met or increasing military strength of unit type by signing a paper. Another expansion would be a nice place to revisit some mechanics like the ones I just pointed. As for new mechanic to introduce... I really have no idea what might it be, some suggestions made by people in this thread sound good but I'm not convinced any of them will make it into the game outside of mods.

I can't see a 3rd expansion happening. Each expansion, as opposed to an update, is centred around some major new mechanic - era score, and then climate. I can't see any of the ideas proposed above being major in that way. Most of them are tweaks, and you can't build an expansion out of tweaks. Suitable for an update, though.

We heard that Anton was working on something that was economy/trade-related, but we don't know if that is for an expack or another game. Anyway civ 6 really needs better mechanics around trade, it's very important in the real world and only something superficial in civ, where you can trade resources without even having any trade routes, and all resources are globally available across all cities in the empire, and resources generally doesn't have much use except for generic +1 amenity or building a few military units. Making them more important and interesting and using them to flesh out the trade mechanics is something I think they could make an expansion around.

Also, the guy who leaked details on the 2nd expansion apparently also leaked the existence of the 3rd. And there's empty room for 9 leaders in the hall of fame. Each expansion previously had 9 leaders, do the math.

Agreed. New info about future content is scarce. And firaxis is not going to confuse casual gamers on consoles by doing two things at once before it is launched.

(Will the console have the new pc update at launch. <— this 100x under each twitter filler)

If there are no new First Looks this week I'm going to commit a series of war crimes in northwest Ethiopia.

Eh. Let's not begin committing crimes against humanity until after the console ports are released.

I’ve never felt more conflicted clicking “like” than I have for these posts.

Agreed. New info about future content is scarce. And firaxis is not going to confuse casual gamers on consoles by doing two things at once before it is launched.

(Will the console have the new pc update at launch. <— this 100x under each twitter filler)

Yeah, I could see the console releases pushing things out. Indeed, I could see FXS happily delaying any release until mid-next year for a variety of reasons.

Well I still hope that there will be 3rd expansion. Diplomatic victory feel really off to me and some parts of world congress feel immersion breaking for - things like session with people you never met or increasing military strength of unit type by signing a paper. Another expansion would be a nice place to revisit some mechanics like the ones I just pointed. As for new mechanic to introduce... I really have no idea what might it be, some suggestions made by people in this thread sound good but I'm not convinced any of them will make it into the game outside of mods.

Yes, but see, all that you suggest is fixing things. Fixing diplomatic victory, fixing World Congress. Firaxis can't make an expansion out of fixing stuff. An expansion needs a major new idea that is currently not in the game at all. I can't think of one, can you?

What, trade? Trade is in the game already.
No, not "trade", dimwit. I specified details more than that. Don't try to be a smartass when you're not one. They reworked strategics as a major part of in GS even if "resources" was already in the game, didn't they?

Moderator Action: Please do not use personal insults in replies to others. It is trolling. leif
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Last edited by a moderator:
Weird that you can't think of one when I just yesterday told you one.
People ale fixed on plagues to much and cant see an elephant in the room :):)

PS. just use your imagination guys!
Imagine the game where farms mines apart from production, generate raw materials as well
Imagine the game with production chains and new trade resources you can create from raw materials, luxury resources, certain buildings or improvements
Imagine the game where trade resources are obtainable after you fulfill certain conditions, and trade resources provide buffs like +1 science +1 culture +1 housing if are placed in proper slots similar to great works
Imagine the game where every civ has its own unique trade resource
Imagine the game you will have a whole storage and transport system to maintain your production chain. This means a new district and reworked road/transport system
Imagine the game with a certain number of special districts called global commercial hubs, where you can put your trade goods to monopolize them.
Imagine the game where after monopolizing all global commercial hubs you earn a financial victory
Imagine the game where you have various ways to stop your opponent from monopolizing each global commercial hub and your main weapon is a gold income of cities connected to each hub. Larger gold input in certain hub larger amount of products you need to produce and put there.
Imagine the game with brand new features like trade wars, embargos, trade agreements, and resource dependence.
Imagine the game with reworked Civs like the Netherlands and brand new ones well adapted to earn the financial win.
Imagine the game where existing buildings and wonders have trade resources slots

Isn't it more than a trade fixing, and wouldn't it be far more interesting than plagues?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom