Galactic Civilizations II

@ Rik - I just did as you suggested. Thanks for the tip on how it should be properly requested. :)

PLEASE NOTE:

If you would like to see a GalCiv2 sub-forum added please post a comment in support on this thread.

It's better if you point out in that Site-Feedback thread why having a Galactic Civilizations 2 subforum would be good for the Civfanatics-forum. Thunderfall is not known to bow to pressure of numbers but he is known to listen to reason.

- just a tip. ;)

Rik Meleet said:
It's better if you point out in that Site-Feedback thread why having a Galactic Civilizations 2 subforum would be good for the Civfanatics-forum. Thunderfall is not known to bow to pressure of numbers but he is known to listen to reason.

- just a tip. ;)

I see your point, but I don't really know how to say it. Wouldn't the one and only reason be exactly that there are many CFC members interested in GalCiv2?

I'll edit the thread to point that out as a suggestion. Thanks again. ;)

My 2 cents are added. Just the ship making aspects might need their own sub-forum!

Finally! Play.com has dispatched Galciv2! I should have it over the weekend.
As for the subforum, maybe we should start a petition thread to see how many people are interested?

GalCiv2 is a great game and worthy of being mentioned along with Civ IV.

I'm not sure about a GalCiv2 forum here since this site is tightly focused on Civ (and IMO the best Civ site). Couldn't hurt, I suppose, but it doesn't seem to fit. Not to mention that the official GalCiv2 site is very well done and they have their own busy forums. It's not like Civ IV's weak site and almost complete lack of interaction with customers/users.

GalCiv2, while having sweet graphics and interfaces, isn't as much of a resource hog/mess compared to Civ IV, IMO. A beefier system is always better but despite GalCiv2 supporting tons of high end graphical features you shouldn't have any problems at all if you can run Civ IV at all.

Stardock, the makers of GalCiv2, are exceptional at communication (you see them on their forums a lot and can catch them in IRC - at least you can so far - I'm sure it'll taper off after a few weeks). They are also exceptional at supporting and enhancing their software - I'm sure there will be countless patches to both fix bugs (there are always bugs), to add user requested features and changes, and to simply add more to the game.

Stardock is both the dev and the publisher, which gives them the freedom to continue to support and expand the game very robustly, which they do, and it shows in a BIG way.

Are you GalCiv 2 fans here solely playing this game at the moment, or are you playing Civ as well (or other games)? I got GalCiv 2 yesterday but haven't started playing it yet as I'm still hooked on Civ4 (which I got 2 weeks ago). I'm a relative newcomer to the strategy genre, I don't want to ruin the experience by playing two strategy games together. Should I do it?

Harlanite, as a long time Civ fan, and I guess now a "long time" GalCiv fan, I say go for it, man!

Gamespot has finally posted their review, you can find it here.

Harlanite said:
Are you GalCiv 2 fans here solely playing this game at the moment, or are you playing Civ as well (or other games)? I got GalCiv 2 yesterday but haven't started playing it yet as I'm still hooked on Civ4 (which I got 2 weeks ago). I'm a relative newcomer to the strategy genre, I don't want to ruin the experience by playing two strategy games together. Should I do it?

Currently i'm playing more GalCiv2. But i still play Civ4 too. I like to conquer the Earth first and then the galaxy. After that it's all over again....

Zhahz said:
Not to mention that the official GalCiv2 site is very well done and they have their own busy forums.

I won't put down the site overall, but the forums and their organization are poor.

I intend to spend hours building each of my ships. I would have ignored the game without it.

Harlanite said:
Thanks Blizzard and Duelling ground. I'll start a game first thing tomorrow.

Hey don't thank us. Thank Stardock for making such a great game!

Damn! Even more bugs than CIVIV! And weak research sector(

Phyr_Negator said:
Damn! Even more bugs than CIVIV! And weak research sector(

Perhaps... But they get fix a lot faster. ;)

EDIT: Second patch (1.0X.009) is up via Stardock Central. Read the history for all the 'fixes' - 26 listed. That would be 2 patches in 2 weeks. These guys are good!

When did the latest patch for CIV4 came out? I think it was a few months ago...

Top Bottom