• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Gaming hours per week

Gaming hours per week - PC/video games

• 0-2

Votes: 11 18.0%
  • 3-6

Votes: 14 23.0%
  • 7-12

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • 13-

Votes: 24 39.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.3%

• Total voters
How many hours do you spend per week playing PC or video games?

Have you quit playing PC/video games altogether? if so - why?

Preferably remained in the Tavern.

Too many. :(

Not that much. 1, maybe 2 hours a week.

How many hours do I spend watching other people play video games, now that's a question I'd prefer not to answer! :lol:

The first video game I played was Civ3. And I only played that because I'd never played a video game before, and I wanted to see what it was like. And whether they were as addictive as I'd heard.

And did I play it! Often enough for 12 -18 hours a day on and off for about 6 months, I think.

I finally got fed up with it, and Civ4, about a year ago. Though I've recently tried it again a couple of times recently, it's not the same experience at all. But just more of the same, and I think I'm finally over it.

I had a go at a real time game as well, but I never got into it. And first person shooters don't appeal at all.

What's the next thing for me to have a look at?

Borachio -

Civ 5 if u have a decent computer
-or-
Kerbal Space Program (check the thread in all other games to see it's pure awesomeness). It's only in alpha but you can do lots of cool stuff while exploring a solar system and building rockets/spaceplanes. Plus, it's only $18 (US) and if you buy it now you get all updates for free and they are pushing out great new updates with cool new stuff regularly. There is also a free demo

For me it fluctuates wildly, from practically all day (about a month ago) to barely at all (at the moment). The exception being when its something I do when listening to the radio, or lectures, news and opinion on YouTube; that's a fairly consistent couple of hours a day. I don't suppose it's much different but it feels more productive

I also watch other people play video games... I have no idea why.

Zero, usually.

Maybe once a month I'll play some game, but I haven't in the last 3 or so.

The trend of watching other people play is pretty strange. I do it too occasionally. I think I've seen all of Amnesia, some Day Z, Minecraft and some others, mostly more or less story driven or free roaming with commentary.

Yes. I've seen a lot of Skyrim on youtube. I enjoyed it immensely. But I feel no desire to play the game.

I don't generally spend any time gaming these days (never really have, to be honest) but as do the posters above, I do spend some time watching others play games on Youtube. As such I seem to have picked up a bit of Metroid and Legend of Zelda lore along the way, despite never having played any game in either of those two series.

It's similar perhaps to televised sport allowing one to be an expert on the rules of cricket without having to become a devious spin-bowler oneself. But for videogames! Isn't it amazing what modern society allows us to get away with :lol:

Far too much. I need to step it down.

On a good week I can manage about 15-20 hours tops. Generally though it's slightly less than that. It used to be twice that much, though, when I had much more free time. Now I just do about two hours a day (well, rather, at night before I go to sleep) and that's good enough for me.

Too many. I'm unable to hold a job due to disabilities.

1-2 hours a day on average. Some days with 0, some days with 3.

Yes. I've seen a lot of Skyrim on youtube. I enjoyed it immensely. But I feel no desire to play the game.

You can get Morrowind and Oblivion on steam for cheap right now if you haven't played those yet. I haven't play Skyrim yet.

Argh, Steam. Let me know when it goes away. I don't suppose it ever will. But I don't like it.

Actually I'd quite like a look at that Journey game that came out this year, was it?

That looks rather different from the usual run of the mill kill everyone in sight.

edit: I've just had a look at Morrowind, but it's just an earlier version of Skyrim.

Trouble with all these games is they fall into a very few generic subtypes. Mainly of the collection variety I think. You collect stuff, and skills and, in much the same way as Civ, it's just a matter of clicking your way through some kind of maze, really. Same old thing. I get bored. Up ladders, down snakes. Racing games. Just stuff.

Top Bottom