[GS] Gathering Storm General Discussion Thread

By the way, can I just reiterate that the Netherlands really should have been in this expansion rather than the last one (and, while we're at it, have been led by King William I (NOT William of Orange) rather than Queen Wilhelmina)? If I just compare the few things I had to talk about in the last expansion (my personal opinion on Wilhelmina as leader and... oh wait that's it) versus this one (dams, floods, natural disasters, canals, rising sea levels, ...), the difference is simply crazy. Hope we at least get a rework to tie in to the new mechanics.

By the way, can I just reiterate that the Netherlands really should have been in this expansion rather than the last one (and, while we're at it, have been led by King William I (NOT William of Orange) rather than Queen Wilhelmina)? If I just compare the few things I had to talk about in the last expansion (my personal opinion on Wilhelmina as leader and... oh wait that's it) versus this one (dams, floods, natural disasters, canals, rising sea levels, ...), the difference is simply crazy. Hope we at least get a rework to tie in to the new mechanics.
Pfff... everybody knows the Netherlands are most famous for their resistance in WW2.

0:50
It's hard to tell, but maybe fourth from the left in the civics is the new building?

1:08
They've already somehow confirmed it, when they were announcing expansion, but here is the world games will look like. Pretty similar to BNW as seems to me.

What was the full set from the second leak?
Maori, Inca, Hungary, Phoenicia, Sweden, Mali, Ottomans, Canada
Alt leader: Eleanor of Aquitaine

It's hard to tell, but maybe fourth from the left in the civics is the new building?

They've already somehow confirmed it, when they were announcing expansion, but here is the world games will look like. Pretty similar to BNW as seems to me.
Time stamps?

What was the full set from the second leak?
Hungary led by Matthias Corvinus
Sweden led by Kristina
Ottoman Empire led by Suleiman
Inca Empire led by Pachacuti
Maori led by Kupe
Mali led by Mansa Musa
Canada led by Laurier
Phoenicia led by Dido
Eleanor of Aquitaine as an alternate leader

Edit: Ninja'd by @Siptah.

Pfff... everybody knows the Netherlands are most famous for their resistance in WW2.

Yeah, I mean, everyone knows the Dutch had far more resistance than say, the Poles, right?

The second update to the Features Post tonight, with all the info people picked up from the First Look, you guys have some really keen eyes, the amenities stuff was on there for a moment and partly obscured. :):):)

I'm somewhat disappointed that diplomatic favors are not per civ, but count as another global currency. Why can I trade a favor from Genghis and spend it on Gorgo?

People were afraid that Diplomatic Favors became a new currency allowing a Diplomatic Victory only by buying Diplomatic Favors, redoing the DipV an Economy Victory. Now, with this system, it's completely prevented

People were afraid that Diplomatic Favors became a new currency allowing a Diplomatic Victory only by buying Diplomatic Favors, redoing the DipV an Economy Victory. Now, with this system, it's completely prevented
Why is it prevented that way? Would be too expensive to buy a lot of favors compared to gaining them per turn for doing diplomatic stuff? We‘ll see. +10 doesn‘t seem that much for late game. I would have preferred something similar to the tourism mechanic.

I wouldn't call it an "overhaul"; I'd call it "mild tweaks." Religion does, however, need an overhaul.
i still think that religion cannot be conceived as optional. Founding one certainly can be optional - but have no religion in your cities should make your cities suck (at least up until the modern era).

Top Bottom