1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Gathering Storm General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Nov 20, 2018.

1. clapyourhands

clapyourhands Prince

Meh, Paradox games aren't my cup of tea, but I actually wouldn't mind if Firaxis adopted a version of their model, with 4-5 smaller paid expansions, but with some mechanics, bug fixes, and balance patches coming free alongside them even if you aren't buying the DLC. It certainly wouldn't work quite out the same since civ nations tend to work off a more similar framework than different types of EUIV nations, but I'd be willing to pay $20-$25 for ~5 civ DLCs that came alongside guaranteed balance patches and new mechanics.

Leathaface likes this.
  2. Duuk

Duuk Doom-Sayer Supporter

I kind of wish luxury goods stockpiled, too, and were consumed at a rate of (X) per city per turn, where X was some determinate of population per city the good was providing amenities to.

Would make trade deals with foreign powers MUCH more straight forward.

Of course, the only true hope for a 3rd expansion rests on a better trade and better early game diplomacy system and colonization, vassalization, and exploration system.

Bring on CIv 6: Merchants, Pirates, and Pilgrims!

3. Gen.Washington

Gen.Washington Anti-communist

Tear gas on civilians is perfectly acceptable when verbal warnings don’t work. It’s harmless, I’ve been gassed multiple times lol

4. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

5. Trav'ling Canuck

Trav'ling Canuck Deity

Depends on whether strategic resources are a true limiter. If they're scarce, Magnus will be useful. Keep in mind, though, that chopping overall may be nerfed as of GS (still needs to be concerned, we don't know the rules yet), so what he picks up here he may lose on the chop bonus. Victor received a buff, so if strategic resources are plentiful, building units in his city would be better than building them with Magnus.

Magnus' Settlers don't cost a pop bonus has the potential to be his strongest one in the early game. Fortunately, it still takes two Governor points to get it, so by the time you can get it, the benefit is greatly reduced.

Boyan_Sun and darkace77450 like this.
  6. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

In the trailer we can clearly see hints of the Maori and the Inca as well.
    And according to probably a credible leak, the Ottomans and Mali will be in it as well and instead of Carthage it will be Phoenicia.

7. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

And with Rapa Nui as a city state we can be pretty sure it's Maori not Polynesia

8. ChocolateShake

ChocolateShake Prince

Which -80% requirement, sorry I missed that. I'm excited to see if overuse of chopping will bring with it any more negative effects that would particularly affect the player. I could play as an environmentalist who conquers other civs when they get too chop happy :D

Overall I think this expansion will really highlight the role playing aspect of the game.

Weraptor and SammyKhalifa like this.
  9. Guandao

Guandao Rajah of Minyue and Langkasuka

Looking forward to the "teaser" on next Monday? :p I miss the R&F teasers. Now, it's just part of the leader background.

10. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

That's actually kind of harder than riddles about trivia from the leader's wiki entry.

11. Guandao

Guandao Rajah of Minyue and Langkasuka

Especially if the background is really generic looking.

12. shaglio

shaglio The Prince of Dorkness

Then, of course, we'd have to station a Spy there to prevent the sabotage. I'm suddenly getting flashbacks to GoldenEye.

Kjimmet, Zaarin, Uberfrog and 2 others like this.
  13. UWHabs

UWHabs Deity

OMG I just had a great idea with resources. What if how many resources you could stockpile was a function of how many encampments/encampment buildings you had? So like:
    -You are allowed a max of 50 of any resource stockpiled at a time, +10 for each encampment you own.
    -You are allowed +10 iron per barracks, +10 horses per stable, +10 niter per armory (and maybe +10 of each of the late game aluminum/oil/uranium/coal per military academy?).

This way, encampments would have a secondary function as warehouses, so if you had too many and someone pillaged it, you would actually lose your extra surplus. You would also have the spy mission in an encampment to "steal resources", although kind of funny to picture a spy walking out with a briefcase of Uranium...

Elhoim, Meluhhan, SS-18 ICBM and 11 others like this.
  14. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

If we didn't have the leak, some of them might be really hard. With the leak, it should be a piece of cake - at least if all of them are as distinct as Hungary.
    I think that Phoenicia, for example, could be a really tough nut and we would not agree on the solution. But since we know who we will get, even this one shouldn't be hard to figure out.

15. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

That would be a really nice buff to encampments. I like it! There definitely should be a cap to resource accumulation, with sensible ways of increasing the cap.

Leyrann and Jkchart like this.
  16. Alexander's Hetaroi

Background speculation time:
    Dido could be in front of a cothon
    Mansa Musa in front of the great mosque
    Pachacuti in front of Machu Picchu
    Suleiman in the Grand Bazaar
    Kristina in a library
    Eleanor in front of Portiers Palace
    Kupe on a beach with a waka and a volcano in back
    Wilfred Laubier in front of ice hockey arena.:mischief:
    But really probably thier parliament building.

Hawke9, Leyrann, Kjimmet and 3 others like this.
  17. Cerilis

Cerilis Not Warlord

Or a briefcase of horses.

18. Jkchart

Jkchart King

Truthfully Kristina in a library is perfect. I can't wait for her to angrily shut her book when I do something that makes her mad.

19. local_hero

local_hero Prince

Someone mentioned the Göta Kanal earlier in the thread and now I worry that Sweden's unique ability will be that they can build canal districts adjacent to other canal districts.

The horror.

Edit: Or a unique canal district with the same effect. OMG.

Trav'ling Canuck likes this.
  20. Alexander's Hetaroi

Not knowing much about her I thought it would be perfect. Her leaked picture has her holding a book as well.

Jkchart likes this.