1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Gathering Storm General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Nov 20, 2018.

1. bite

bite Unoffical Civilization Geographer Moderator

Okay the stream is over, the features thread is up, and now I must sleep, goodnight all, I hope they gift you all some new information while I am asleep as is tradition

2. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

We need a separate screenshot discussion thread.

Inawordyes, CivLuvah and Leyrann like this.
  3. Cerilis

Cerilis Not Warlord

I had the thought it would more be about canals.

4. Arent11

Arent11 King

Still think the whole ice & snow theme should be moved to Norway. Russia should have the old "siberian riches" resource advantage. You know, I simply associate ice and snow more with Norway than with Russia.

5. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Deity

Yeah, this is huge. I thought it was ridiculous that a warmonger can declare a surprise war against you and invade you but if you fight back and win, the world hates you and condemns you as the warmonger. So happy they fixed this.

Also happy to see diplomatic favors.

Tiger Genocide and nzcamel like this.
  6. Potworny

Potworny Chieftain

Probably not, the second expansion in V just copied over the features, omitted the civs and it wasn't necessary to have G&K to pla with every mechanic.

But really though, lets be serious for a second there. Natural disasters? New technology era? River names is the real deal here, I'd pay 30$ for this standalone. (also, regarding the third EP, do we know or have any reasons to believe whether it will or will not happen?)

Haig and Jkchart like this.
  7. Lordoflinks

Lordoflinks Chieftain

This expansion makes me wonder what even a hypothetically third expansion could cover. There is so much....
    One interesting thing is that there was no mention of religion being touched whereas the other victories are being looked at.
    The Maya and Byzantium would go well with a religious expansion if we got that as #3.

8. Giskler

Giskler +1 Sleuthing

Yea.

9. Myomoto

Myomoto Warlord

From: https://civilization.com/news/entri...w-expansion-release-date-pc-february-14-2019/

"In Gathering Storm, Favor is a new form of currency to track your diplomatic goodwill. It serves as voting power in the World Congress so you can get the world community to adopt your ideas. On the other side, we’ve replaced the Warmonger score with Grievances. This acts as a tug-of-war between a pair of players – if you’ve ever been at the receiving end of a surprise attack and retaliated by taking a few cities, I think you’ll appreciate how this system has been updated. The other leaders are now likely to feel that such a countermove was entirely appropriate."

Warmongering is gone, Hallelujah!

They also state that the World Congress can ban things like chopping rain forest, but I really hope it's possible to ignore the World Congress this time, just for Diplomatic Penalities.

10. bite

Added

Eagle Pursuit likes this.
  11. rastak

rastak Emperor

Yup, looks good and if you are the guy starting all the trouble you should get no sympathy from the world.

I'm just stoked the Hall of Fame is finally back.

SelmanV, WorldWarIV, nzcamel and 2 others like this.
  12. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Deity

I doubt that the game will get a 3rd expansion. 2 expansions is pretty typical for past civs. Plus, with 2 expansions, they have made the game a lot more complete. It's a pretty full game now. There is not that much left to add, not enough for 3rd expansion, I don't think. Firaxis seems to be going for really big, meaty expansions.

Hawke9 likes this.
  13. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

I would appreciate changes to science victory. I can see why having a world dominant culture or religion gives you the influence to win, as with dominating militarily or diplomatically to take total control. I don't get how a mara colony does that (alpha centauri made more sense to me personally, as it's presumably meant to be a naturally life sustaining planet you could take control of).

14. Corozivu

Corozivu Chieftain

I remember how hyped I was for BTS, this expansion makes me feel like that a bit. Im a bit older and thus jaded now but still I cant wait for the new expansion.

Leathaface, CivLuvah and Haig like this.
  15. DJ_Tanner

DJ_Tanner Emperor

Canals. There are canals.

I don't need anything else in this xpac.

16. leandrombraz

leandrombraz King

No love for religious victory in the late game or is religious victory gone, being replaced by diplomatic?

17. Lordoflinks

Lordoflinks Chieftain

I wonder if we could see Alpha Centuri or something like it added as a 4th stage to the Science Victory as a nod to Beyond Earth/SMAC.

rlw33 likes this.
  18. Potworny

Potworny Chieftain

Alright, I've changed my mind, new color system is the realer deal.

19. Denkt

Denkt Reader

I feel the biggest problem for this expansion is why would you not just win a domination victory long before the climate change.

20. bite

We didn't see it but I am SO glad they changed Australia's colours .... Fluro Green and Black was just a nasty combination