1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Giant Earth Map

Discussion in 'Yet (not) Another Maps Pack' started by Gedemon, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

Oh.. if it was planned back in the fall, you probably have a "working" copy with the essential steps already prepared including some newly defined Sub-Continents schema(s) for such specially calibrated regions. Then, i'll be waiting for more recent news.. soonish!

Been checking out other YaMP dependant maps & Zobtzler's Americas is precisely the kind of twisted setups that could inspire how the "GiantEarth-Bis" (or Dual) version might exploit dynamic variations of composite details where clipout contexts can be referenced as pure coordinate/values logic rather than just generic naming conventions. Bigger maps, bigger controls necessary -- all of which are basic recipes for storyline designs.

I've already felt the need to revise (( <Replace Domain="GiantEarthLongitude" Value="80" Name="LOC_MAP_NORTH_AMERICA_EUROPE_NAME" ...)) from its default 88 -- so, there might be some more obvious gap steps with upcoming DualGEarth features worth focusing on. For example, the "Classic" theme map above has the Matterhorn tightly locked on the top-left corner which is good for quick unique identity visuals. There are many such worldwide hints on typical concepts.

Other considerations should also help out creating a bigger set of cropped rectangular conditions (XY range limits, CS positioning, available regional quantities, oceanic "waste", etc).

Anyhow.. we'll see.

PS; Here's my current Map.xml file which has the latest small Fixes & an alternate Valletta location to help out with unbalanced FloodBarrier/Computer restriction temporarily. This is the type of custom hooks to "cheaty" modes that could stand as potential tricks with DualGE. The opportunity is there, AFAIC.

Attached Files:

• Map.xml
      File size:
      33.3 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
  2. zon

zon Chieftain

@Gedemon I've tested the Giant Earth with 16 GB HBM2 graphic memory now, 32 GB RAM - it still crashes at the exact same point, somewhere between building city no. 120 to 150. i was trying to test for a near optimal city spread of about 188 cities. any pointers what this CTD could be related too? i already eliminated any silly mod dependencies. hardware is kinda ruled out too at this point.. just curious and burning to make it work / fix it. thanks + merci so much!!

3. Cole98

Cole98 AKA CerebralPolicy

Out of curiosity does anyone know what this bottom river near Edmonton is supposed to be?
    Spoiler :

4. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

The river on the north of Edmonton is the Sturgeon River (the Alberta one; there is another Sturgeon River in Saskatchewan that is also a left tributary of the North Saskatchewan River, confusingly enough).

The river on the south is the North Saskatchewan River.

5. zon

zon Chieftain

Is there a simple way to script where AI will try to found their 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc. cities, incl. custom names on Giant Earth? Many thanks you all :)

6. zon

zon Chieftain

i.e. for @Gedemon 's Maasai - what would I need to modify in MJ_ynaempSupportTable.sql to pre-define those cities' locations on X and Y of GiantEarth - or would I be barking up the wrong tree? THX
    Spoiler :
    -- Add city names
    INSERT OR REPLACE INTO C15_ColonyCityNames
    (CivilizationType, CityName)
    VALUES ('CIVILIZATION_GEDEMO_MAASAI', 'LOC_CITY_NAME_C15_COLONY_NAMES_NAIPOSHA'),
    ('CIVILIZATION_GEDEMO_MAASAI', 'LOC_CITY_NAME_C15_COLONY_NAMES_GRUMETI'),
    ('CIVILIZATION_GEDEMO_MAASAI', 'LOC_CITY_NAME_C15_COLONY_NAMES_MENENGAI'),
    ('CIVILIZATION_GEDEMO_MAASAI', 'LOC_CITY_NAME_C15_COLONY_NAMES_NAKURU'),
    ('CIVILIZATION_GEDEMO_MAASAI', 'LOC_CITY_NAME_C15_COLONY_NAMES_ILKINANGOP');

7. Deliverator

Deliverator Graphical Hackificator