GoobNES02: The Cold Civil War

Insane_Panda said:
People, PLAY REALISTICALLY and follow the foriegn policy of your nation. Do some research on the period before making deals with anyone.

Amen to that. Thank you Panda.

Arrrgghhh fine I'll take South Korea if no one else minds!!

Kenth, oil prices in the 60's were stable at around $4 a barrel, and it was very cheap. It was not until the oil crisis of the 70's that oil became important.

EXACTLY! OIL ISN'T IMPORTANT! ACT REALISTIC! Heh... Taiwan... heh...

I would like to suggest a "If you don't play your nation semi-realistically, your nation might happen to get struck by medium-scale asteroids" clause. Really, you all just can't go and utterly ignore the preexisting political systems just 'cause now you're running the country.

^ditto
i said in the future people god, it is 1966 that is 4 updates and oil starts getting pricey, now if you are so god damn smart you will prepare

if you see a truck flying at your FACE would you duck or stand there?

Kentharu said:
i said in the future peopel god, it is 1966 that is 4 updates and oil starts getting pricey, now if you are so god damn smart you wil prepare

How do you know it will go like in OTL? There was no CSA in OTL 1966 you know ;)

yes, but nobody in the 60's could forsee the oil crisis of the 70's. So unless you justify it somehow you can't either. And I agree with the asteroids clause.

because everyone else is basing it off of OTL history

it is an alternative history for a reason notice that little tiny world ALTERNATIVE

To Democratic Nations of Asia
From South Korea

Greetings brothers and sisters of the East, it is a time full of turmoil were our hemisphere is plagued by the ever growing incursion of communism. Despite the threat however, we must remain strong in our convictions to see it through. Therefore we in South Korea herby entertain the notion of creating a United Asian Defense Force as well as a Pacific Economic Union to guard our holdings against any further aggression by the communist bloc. We eagerly await your replies and suggestions.

Hmm.. Kentharu, you're actually acting normal... :eek:

And I think people are forgetting that the only reason oil went up in the 1970's is because the Arabs' Boycott. If it hadn't happened, oil would have been cheap then too.

Krimzon...South Korea is not democratic...just making sure you know

Stormbringer said:
Krimzon...South Korea is not democratic...just making sure you know

Were getting there storm, and all the other supporting countries around me are either communist or Democratic, considering I get my support from the Democratic block I think it was wise to appeal to them. ;)

The Soviet Union is happy to announce that the Soviet Union and the government of China have come to a resolution of the recent tensions that have plagued our two countries.

First, the border desputes between China and Russia are settled. The major island in the Amur-Ussuri Area is recognized to be part of Russia. Furthermore, the strip of land along the Argun river in the Manzhouli-Zabaykal'sk Area is also recognized to be part of Russia.

Seconldy, the Chinese government has assured the representatives from the Soviet Union that China has, and will never have, any intentions of securing for herself the position of leadership in the Comintern.

Lastly, the two governments agreed that all future economic and foreign affairs policy changes in China should be coordinated with Moscow. It is important for the Communist countries to show solidarity in light of the growing pressure from Capitalist regimes.

Top Bottom