[Graphic Mod] Varietas Delectat v9.2 [civ specific unit sets]

It can be combined with another mod if you know what your doing exactly.

Ooookay... I use Bug Mod and Blue Marble graphics in CA. How to combine this to some of those MODs I mentioned above?

Ooookay... I use Bug Mod and Blue Marble graphics in CA. How to combine this to some of those MODs I mentioned above?

The BAT Mod combines BUG, BULL, Blue Marble, Varietas Delectat v9.2 and some other good things into a nice nifty package. It will save you the merging and fiddling around. Try it out. The link is in my sig.

When I tried to donload it I got a messages saying it was unsafe to download and might harm your computer. Has anybody downloaded this mod recently and knows for sure if it is safe to download or not?

Varietas Delecat is included in the various BUG mods, and there's definitely nothing to worry about. I imagine VD might come as an installer (.exe) and IE among other browers are stupid when it comes to downloading any EXE's as far as useless warnings go.

This still active?

What would cause bts to crash when trying loading the mod but after you close the window saying that civ has stopped working and load bts up and load VD again it works?

I know that this is quite a necro, but does anyone have a working version of this mod? I really enjoyed it and had a 9.2 installer of it but lost it when my hard drive failed a few months back. I couldn't find any other installer to download it again anywhere.

Hi, I already said this in the Italy thread, but it's no longer available in the database. I require the graphics for the Bersaglieri unit from it, and if someone could help me get access to it, I would greatly appreciate it. I would be fine if even the single unit was uploaded here, since that's the one I seek. Thanks again.

EDIT:
Never mind that. I found a working link in the database, namely here.

Done. Do not hesitate to contact one of us through the report function for things like this.

I downloaded Varietas Delect.7z from the first page. When I open up the file, there's "Uninstall.exe" "Varietas Delectat Uninstall.exe" and no other applications. Where is the installer that the instructions refer to?

I downloaded Varietas Delect.7z from the first page. When I open up the file, there's "Uninstall.exe" "Varietas Delectat Uninstall.exe" and no other applications. Where is the installer that the instructions refer to?

When you download the 7z file you should get a folder inside it called Varietas Delectat. Just dump it in mods folder and it should work. You can also set in launch options to start it straight away.

Right click on your Civ 4 link, in Object line it should be something like this:

"G:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Civilization IV Complete\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe"

add line mod=\Better Bat AI to it so it looks something like this:

"G:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Civilization IV Complete\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod=\Better Bat AI

When you download the 7z file you should get a folder inside it called Varietas Delectat. Just dump it in mods folder and it should work. You can also set in launch options to start it straight away.

Right click on your Civ 4 link, in Object line it should be something like this:

"G:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Civilization IV Complete\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe"

add line mod=\Better Bat AI to it so it looks something like this:

"G:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Civilization IV Complete\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod=\Better Bat AI

Thanks! Is there a way to not include the modern era expansion? I kind of like not changing the gameplay, just the look of the units. If not, you've still be a big help.

No prob!

Since the installer is no longer available, I don't see any easy way. If you have no desire to go into files and do a lot of manual work, a good alternative is Better Bat AI, as it only adds Varietas Delectat without modern expansion, and improves the AI.

The down side is that it changes flags of civs and adds female units which all speak english regardless which civ you playing. However, I can walk you through on that on how to remove that stuff.

If better AI is not up your valley and just want to enjoy vanilla BTS with VD, you will have to do a lot of manual work in files and remove references to new units and their art in each of civs folders in mod. Or try and find VD without modern expansion.

Top Bottom