1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[Graphic Mod] Varietas Delectat v9.2 [civ specific unit sets]

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Graphics Modpacks' started by avain, Aug 9, 2007.

1. DC53

DC53 Chieftain

Thank you! I'm still encountering it sometimes, but when I change the sound settings it usually works.

2. DC53

DC53 Chieftain

Quick nitpick here, some of the LH's don't have diplo music when they did before...........
    Am I the only one with this prob?

3. hangman

hangman almost-scientist

As someone who speaks arabic (shwiya), it always bugs me that the arab war elephant's caligraphy is misspelled, so I made a new texture.

Attached Files:

4. First Children

First Children Chieftain

I see that the new civilizations, Italy, Hungary etc don't have the italian language, if I use Italian in my game all text from these mods don't show up.

How can I make text visible? I don't want to translate everything, only make it show up in english while the rest of the game is in italian...
    I tried adding a few lines for example in the file "Cuba_CIV4GameText.xml", this way you can see in the screenshot but it doesn't work.

I'm a noob!

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      242 KB
      Views:
  5. First Children

First Children Chieftain

Ok, I see that in the main menu of Varietas Delectat, under Advanced and Options, there is only the option for "English"... How do I add the option for Italian? So that when I play it shows the lines I add?

Thanks!

6. hangman

hangman almost-scientist

More than likely, the tags were added with the intention of making the multiple languages usable, but since not every tag is defined in every language, only english is enabled. If you manage to enable Italian, I would expect numerous missing texts, and possible game crashes. If you're willing to translate, though, it would definitely help the mod.

7. First Children

First Children Chieftain

Well, my idea is to add all the tags for Italian, so how do I enable Italian in the main menu?

I may consider doing a complete translation after that... Depending on how long it takes :p

8. Kingpin

Kingpin Captain-General

Does anyone here know where to find the flag files in this mod or in Quot Capita?

9. Anakon

Anakon Chieftain

I just love the amazing work everyone has done for Varietas Delectat, it is a big MUST for any version of Civ4. It felt kinda stupid playing with Japan and having a Cavalry that looked like the American Civil War, wtf?! :D

10. loseth

loseth Warlord

Hi all,

I've noticed that if I make civs unplayable in civilisationinfos, the civs still turn up when I load the game. I've tried deleting my cache, but still no luck. Is it something to do with the .fpk file? If so, how can I change civinfos (I just want to set some of the civs to palyable = 0)?

Cheers.

11. mamba

mamba Deity

I believe that just sets them to not being playable by a human, the AI can still pick them.
    To remove them completely, you will have to remove their definition from the file.

12. Merce_ar

Merce_ar Chieftain

Hey, I think I found a Bug.

I am playing VD alone. I have frozen anims option on. When I leave my french worker doing something (he stands still) for a while, his texture and model will change to the Indian One.
    Only way to avoid this was to set off frozen anims

Any clues?

13. Xyth

Xyth History Rewritten

That's a bug with BTS, not VD. Happens in any mod that uses different unit art for different civs.

14. jeef_sislo

jeef_sislo Chieftain

EDIT: I was having problems with LAN, LAN lobby didn't work but Direct IP did, ignore this ^^

15. MrGoldfinger

MrGoldfinger RM

I have got a problem when I produce a russian attack submarine, when it is ready - I can`t place any promotions, so the game have a bug...

What is the reason, how I can change this problem? ? ?

16. GeoModder

GeoModder Deity

Or you didn't place your new unit in a promotion sequence?

17. BenZL43

BenZL43 awkward cat

can I request Indonesian VD? in the medieval era, most of the army are shirtless.

18. Featherawr

Featherawr Chieftain

Hey guys, so the host of the file download (Atomicgamer.com) is down and there aren't any mirrors anywhere that I can find. I don't know when if ever the site will be back up, so is there anyone that can upload a mirror, to like Mega or something?

Just don't want this to die ;)

Thanks

19. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

Civfanatics itself is hosted at AtomicGamer.
    So if AtomicGamer vanishes, the problems are quite a big bigger than only the mods here ;). -> So don't worry, AG is already running again.

20. Robert FIN

Robert FIN Monty n' Roll

Hi guys! This MOD looks amazing. However, is this only standalone or can I have Custom Assets version?

Thanks!