Graphics Modification Requests Thread

Bahmo said:
I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but does anyone know how to make it so the cities look different depending on what civ you play as? I noticed an Art Defines attribute in the Civilizations folder that may have originally been intended for that purpose, but I can't see the place in the XML anywhere else where it is used. Any help here?
All you need to do for that is call up different nifs (of city buildings) depending on era and civilization. The problem with that is that you'll have to make these buildings yourself since the game doesn't come with any other styles other than the ones we see.

The good news however is that it looks like the Warlords expansion might add at least the greek-roman style and asian style buildings. Don't quote me on that though, this is just based on screenshots, nothing official, so I could be totally wrong.

@Bahmo i think you mean the ARTSTYLE_XX-tag in the CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml.
to have different cities for the civilizations, or better the culture-regions, you have to edit the ARTSTYLE_XX-tags in the CIV4CityLSystem.xml (in this the tag is named ARTSTYLE_ALL, cause all culture-groups uses the same style) and, not to forget, you will have to do the graphics for yourself since there aren't other city-culture-graphics with the game.

but in the warlords-expansion these will be solved so that the greeks have another city-style than the germans or those again than the chinese :)

/edit: it seems i was way tooooo slow

I could easily model more city graphics, but if someone would like to post a step-by-step XML tutorial on getting them in, I would be very grateful. And yeah, I noticed the new architecture in Warlords as well, although in early shots, non-Greco-Roman civs also had it.

A quick request:

Can we have a button graphic for "centre screen on unit"? A crosshair or something would be good. I know you alread get the bubbles, but an extra way of doing something is never bad.

EDIT: This may not be neccessary... I'm not entirely sure ATM.

Could someone make Pikes place market or the space needle for national wonders?

Is anyone even doing these requests???

Slavic Sioux said:
Well, I'm planning to do at least one of these, just don't know when yet.

One thing to note here though is that, as far as I know, most active graphics modders on these forums are already involved in several projects - there's no shortage of stuff to do. :)

Another thing is, and I don't know about anyone else, but as for me, I keep my eye on this (and the unit requests) thread and if I see something interesting I make a note of it and a week or two down the road if I'm looking for a new project I might take it up.

Slavic Sioux said:

If people want to do something they will most probably PM the person who requested something.

But, as Rabbit said, most modders are already deeply involved into the "big" Mods.

I'll be willing to model architecture myself if someone can make a detailed XML guide on how to put it in the game, and anyone will be allowed to use my finished product.

I just read about the Warlords expansion pack and am saddened yet again by the absence of Philip II as a leader for Spain. Meanwhile England and Russia are each receiving a third leader. :mad:

Perhaps someone with more graphics skills than I have would like to create the leaderhead files. I think Philip II (Wiki article for pictures) could be based on the current Cyrus leaderhead, with different clothes, lighter hair and green eyes.

I'd really like to see somebody improve forts. They really look bad IMO.

All my suggestions are for idle ship animations.
1. Submarines that dive and surface
2. Sailing boats that raise and lower sails and sails that flail from strong winds
3. Dots (people) on boats that move around on the ships
4. Guns on boats have movement (rotate) or activity around them
5. Carriers leave large wave vibrations

Hello all,

i don't know if i post in good section, but, if someone need .bik movies for wonders or buildings, you can ask me...
I'll do it with pleasure

:D

It's possible with pictures (like "lost wonders" mod) or with avi or other movies files...

Swamp: we are planning to include swamp as a terrain-feature, but lack the graphical competence to design it. Would anyone be willing to help out?

Top Bottom