Graphics Modification Requests Thread

OK, I think I know what you´re talking about now.

I´ll have a look in which XML file the different _Style tags are defined (this should be usable already before Warlords - have a look at the different city-graphics in FfHII) and if it will help you, I´ll pm you about it.

But maybe you already know about all this stuff and I still got you wrong.
Although I think the different styles aren´t defined in the CityLSystem and I already worked with that file some times.

all the styles are defined in the CIV4CityLSystem.xml.

example for an entry:
PHP:
<ArtRef Name="generic:an_eu.nif::1x1_01">
			<Attribute Class="Era">ERA_ANCIENT,ERA_CLASSICAL</Attribute>
			<Attribute Class="ArtStyle">ARTSTYLE_EUROPEAN,ARTSTYLE_SOUTH_AMERICA,ARTSTYLE_MIDDLE_EAST,ARTSTYLE_BARBARIAN</Attribute>
			<Attribute Class="Scalar">iBatchGroup:0</Attribute>
		</ArtRef>
as you can see: the very first line the nif-file is defined (an_eu.nif), right after that, one building inside the nif is defined (1x1_01) which means: size 1x1 building no. 01. the other three entries i think are obvious. which era the file belongs to and which artstyle it represents.

to add a new artstyle (southamerica for example) you have to do the new models (or just new skin), save it for example as an_sa.nif and define it in there. allthough you have to delete the artstyle_south_amica from every entry which don't belong to the an_sa.nif.
when you do a new city-nif, i would recommend to look at the original ones, because the tree is very important to define the buldings (1x1_01, 2x2_01 and so on).

Impaler[WrG] said:
Furiey: Thats a graphic bug assosiated with your Video Card, not a fault of the actual Flood Plains graphic, I expereienced it before installing the first patch.
Yes I know that, unfortunately the patches have not fixed it for me and I'm not in a position to change my graphics card, I therefore wondered if someone could come up with a Floodplain graphic that was toned down and didn't glow for me and others with this card.

I want to play for Russia with Soviet flag. Can anybody give me a link and solution how to change flags?

The Conquests said:
Resource - Gas!!!!!

I would think you'd use TheLopez's mod to convert one resource to another and go from Oil to Gas. Not sure about natural occurring gas, unless you mean natural gas? That would be a nice blue pilot light image... I could make that, but it wouldn't flicker.

I'm not sure what kind of flame I can make, but I'll try unless someone beats me to it.

Spartan117 said:
i think sevo's mod already came up with natural gas.

I think he made a Natural Gas Refinery But not the Gas it self.

I need a Dole Watertower from woodelf. It must be shaped like a pineapple

Spoiler :

I want to know if this is even possible; to make city buildings appear and grow not on the ground but actually on a model, above the ground.
For the mortal engines mod requires buildings to be mounted atop a giant chassis, and grow upwards in tiers... Insane, right?

For some time now, I've been browsing around the internet, looking for good pictures of fortresses etc.. I'm a defensive player, so I like the system of being able to build walls, castles, the Great Wall, etc.. There's just one thing that I don't really like: in contrast to all the other city buildings, the city walls don't change appearance, whereas in real life, they most certainly did!

I was hoping that the Warlords expansion pack would add a few more elements to the game in terms of units and defensive buildings, but no such luck.. So now, I was hoping to see if there were modders here that might share my sentiment..

Personally, I've always been a big fan of Vauban fortresses and late 19th century fortifications around cities.. Essentially, the 'regular' walls would fit the classical and medieval ages, whereas the Vauban fortresses would work for the renaissance cities and the 19th century fortifications (gun turrets etc.) would work for the industrial cities..

In any case, I thought that whoever might be interested in this, could take a look at the incredible website www.fortified-places.com..

Ofcourse I don't know if this is even feasible, but I would sure like to see if it could work! :D

It would be great to have some "less-3D" graphics (it could even be flat), because I don't have a decent graphics card and the game just lags all the time when anything 3D happens (it's like I almost never get to see where enemy units go in between the turns, because the FPS drops so much during the camera move, that they are already gone :sad: ), which is not what I can really stand in a turn-based strategy game, where every bit of information may matter.

It would also help a bit to make forests and jungles less dense, I guess, but that's probably a more "scripty" thing.

Why? I'm asking for a graphics mod using less polygons, it wasn't (and wasn't intended to be) a technical question of any sort on how to speed it up by other means (buying new hardware? :mischief: ). And as I get it, it's a "Graphics Modification Requests Thread", isn't it?

Top Bottom