1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Graphics Modification Requests Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Graphics Modpacks' started by Thunderfall, May 22, 2006.

1. ChaosSlayer

ChaosSlayer King

Question: can anyone point me to a model of a building that I could use as Restaurant or Cafe? or perhaps make one? ;)
    (tables outside would be nice but not necessary)

2. Kathy

Kathy Prince

Maybe the "public house/ts_e_tav.nif" from History rewritten will be usefull? Or are you looking for a more modern building? I know there is a western saloon somewhere, but this is not very modern, too.

3. ChaosSlayer

ChaosSlayer King

I will take a look at that one, but generally yeah, something a bit modern :)

4. Kathy

Kathy Prince

Could anyone do the Bahai Wold Centre in Haifa? I would like to use it for the holy City of Bahai in my mod.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bahá'í_World_Centre

In addition, a Bahai Temple would also be great. I have the Lutos Temple of Delhi, which I will use for the Cathedrale, but I have no normal Temple.

5. Midnight-Blue766

Midnight-Blue766 The filidh that cam frae Skye

I wonder if anyone could do Christopher Lee as Charlemagne as a substitute for Burger King:

6. ChaosSlayer

ChaosSlayer King

Hey guys, anyone could point me if there is a wonder model and a movie for something like Marco Polo Travel?

thank you!

7. Kathy

Kathy Prince

I think there is a pack named "Lost wonders of Civilization" in the download section which includes Marco Polos wonder. But I can not tell you, how it looks.

8. ChaosSlayer

ChaosSlayer King

thank you I will take a look

9. andrewbuchanan

andrewbuchanan Chieftain

Could anyone mod the Russia Civilisation so that the yellow icon is replaced with this -

Attached Files:

10. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

"Give a Man a Fish, and You Feed Him for a Day. Teach a Man To Fish, and You Feed Him for a Lifetime"
    Chinese Proverb

11. topsecret

topsecret Believer

If anyone would like to make a Nazgul leaderhead, I would be eternally grateful. :)
    Spoiler :
    Witch-king-of-Angmar-Lord-of-the-Rings-3D-Printed-Header-Image-htxt.africa.png e387b7228be8e8266666d116e3e87225--nazgul-tattoo-dark-art.jpg nlaz46B.jpg

The face would be easy. :p

12. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

I am using Nitram's Ruga LH (as Bumin of the Gokturks), but there are some issues with it in game:

Spoiler :
    Civ4ScreenShot0392.JPG Civ4ScreenShot0393.JPG Civ4ScreenShot0394.JPG

It's kind of hard to tell from the screenshots, but the left part of the fur around his hat is constantly flickering (you can see it largely non-rendered in the pictures). Am I doing something wrong? Here are my art defines:
    Code:
           <LeaderheadArtInfo>
               <Type>ART_DEF_LEADER_BUMIN</Type>
               <Button>art/LeaderHeads/Bumin/Btn_LH_Ruga.dds</Button>
               <NIF>art/LeaderHeads/Bumin/genghis_khan.nif</NIF>
               <KFM>art/LeaderHeads/Bumin/genghis_khan.kfm</KFM>
               <NoShaderNIF>art/LeaderHeads/Bumin/genghis_khan_noshader.nif</NoShaderNIF>
               <BackgroundKFM>art/LeaderHeads/Bumin/genghis_khan_bg.kfm</BackgroundKFM>
           </LeaderheadArtInfo>

If everything else is correct, would someone mind looking into the model?

Crimean Lord likes this.
  13. Kathy

Kathy Prince

I just want to refresh this request, maybe someone has an idea how to to a proper LH for this.

14. UltraMind

UltraMind Chieftain

I want to change all the graphics and text for some of the religions. I can't figure out if that's already been done or if I should try to figure out how to do it myself. I tried searching for "religion" in this subforum, but didn't find anything for this exact issue.

15. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Text is done in the gametext files usually held in the Assets/XML/TEXT folder.

Unit graphics and buttons are in the Art folders with their definitions in the XML art define files.Sometimes they "compressed" into a FPK file.

The religious icons shown above the city bar in the map are held in the GameFont files and I strongly recommend you use Asaf's Game Font Editor

16. Matsuda123

Matsuda123 Prince

I really want to make citysets and units for CIV, but I can't figure out textures of UV Maps. Could anyone show me how to do UV Maps / Wrapping? I don't know what to do with all those edges...

17. hrochland

hrochland Prince

Matsuda123. I can show it to you. Problem is, you work in maya. If you want learn wrapp in Blender, send word. My English is bad, but I can make some pictures

18. Matsuda123

Matsuda123 Prince

Actually I'm going to work in Blender now. Maya is clearly not equipped for Civ IV. So I would love to learn from pictures. :)

19. hrochland

hrochland Prince

I tried a simple tutorial for you in my thread "Civil Wonders"

20. devolution

devolution Prince

Leoreth likes this.