Graphics Modification Requests Thread

I am looking for Elvish looking hair on a Leaderhead. I am combing my way through the LH database, but I wanted to post here in case anyone knew where I could find a Leader that has long hair such as:
Spoiler Elves :

I'll look into it. Thanks. I'm also going to keep looking through the database for low poly count hair as well.

Can anyone prepare a Wall of Thorns building graphic, ideally two - one a Walls replacement and another a wonder based on the Great Wall art define?

Edit: So I made a stab at creating the building graphic myself. Essentially I copied every "walls" file from the 4 fpk into a new folder and then changed the three dds; wall, wall_an and walls to a thorn like tile. The pedia gives a reasonable looking organic wall of thorns, except there's a red square underneath it. Within the game, the old wall graphic is still used. Does anyone know why these errors occur or how I should fix these two issues?

Secondly, I could not locate the files for the great wall in the fpk. Does anyone know where these are?

Attachments

• buttonthornwall1.jpg
    buttonthornwall1.jpg
    1.5 KB · Views: 150
  • buttonthornwall2.jpg
    buttonthornwall2.jpg
    1.6 KB · Views: 138
  • buttonthornwall3.jpg
    buttonthornwall3.jpg
    1.7 KB · Views: 151
  • pedia.PNG
    pedia.PNG
    129.6 KB · Views: 152
  • InGame.PNG
    InGame.PNG
    250.7 KB · Views: 204
  • files.PNG
    files.PNG
    4.7 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
Can anyone prepare a Wall of Thorns building graphic, ideally two - one a Walls replacement and another a wonder based on the Great Wall art define?

Edit: So I made a stab at creating the building graphic myself. Essentially I copied every "walls" file from the 4 fpk into a new folder and then changed the three dds; wall, wall_an and walls to a thorn like tile. The pedia gives a reasonable looking organic wall of thorns, except there's a red square underneath it. Within the game, the old wall graphic is still used. Does anyone know why these errors occur or how I should fix these two issues?

Secondly, I could not locate the files for the great wall in the fpk. Does anyone know where these are?

Displaying walls ingame works different from regular buildings. Walls depend on the size and shape of the city, so 1 model will simply not work. The model in the pedia is a seperate model from the model ingame. Ingame thealls are made of seperate sections placed together making a solid structure. To do this, each wall type has its own unique LSystem. (For this reason, the Celtic Dunn and Charlemagne mod High Walls have their own unique <Lsystem>) What you should do is create a new Lsystem in Assets/XML/Buildings/CIV4CityLSystem.xml. I recommend simply copy-pasting the LSYSTEM_CELTIC_DUN Lsystem and modify it so it uses your new art. It should be pretty straightforward what you should modify. (otherwise just ask)

Don't forget to change the <Lsystem> of your thorn walls in Assets/XML/Art/CIV4ArtDefines_Building.xml as well. ;)

Edit:
This is what you will find the CIV4CityLSystem.xml. There are 3 lines (I added CHANGE THIS to these lines) that you should edit.

Code:
        <ArtRef Name="building:LSYSTEM_CELTIC_DUN"> CHANGE THIS
            <Attribute Class="Scalar">szSpecialLayout:CityCenter</Attribute>
            <Attribute Class="Scalar">szBuilder:WallBuilder</Attribute>
            <Attribute Class="Scalar">bLayoutAfterGenerics:1</Attribute>
            <Attribute Class="Scalar">bNoContour:1</Attribute>
            <Attribute Class="Scalar">szPostArtFile:Art/Structures/Buildings/Celtic_Dun/Celtic_Dun_Post.nif</Attribute> CHANGE THIS
            <Attribute Class="Scalar">szWallArtFile:Art/Structures/Buildings/Celtic_Dun/Celtic_Dun_Wall_%1.nif</Attribute> CHANGE THIS
            <Rotate>45</Rotate>
            <!-- this needs to be the negative of the CITY_TWIST value in detail manager; note that this uses degrees but DetailManager uses radians. Sorry. -->
        </ArtRef>

The red square is probably the shadow texture. I recommend just using the one from the regular walls.

The fpk only contains the art from the vanilla game. The Great Wall was introduced in Warlords. Go to your BTS installation folder. In there, you should see a folder called "Warlords". Then it is in the Assets/Art/Structures/Buildings folder.

Thanks @merijn_v1. I got the graphic for a city wall of thorns working. I didn’t get the red square in the pedia sorted but I’m less concerned with that.

As regards the Wonder, Great Wall of thorns, once again, I have the pedia working (no red shadow issue this time). In the game itself, the original Great Wall still appears.
It’s necessary to tick bBorderObstacle to make a Great Wall graphic appear in game. Does this drive the system straight to the original Great Wall graphic, overlooking that the building has its own? If it’s not ticked, there’s no graphical representation in game of the new wonder.
I have created a LSYSTEM_GREAT_THORNWALL but I’m not sure what are the extra attribute rows I need to add.
I also noticed the ART_GREAT_WALL_POST, ART_GREAT_WALL_SEGMENT & ART_GREAT_WALL_SHADOW_TEXTURE in the CIV4ArtDefines_Misc.xml file. I added equivalents for the great thorn wall but what file is calling these?

Has anyone previously modded a new wonder based on the Great Wall graphic?

Has anyone previously modded a new wonder based on the Great Wall graphic?
There are several mods with custom Great Walls graphics. IIRC PAE, Fall From Heaven 2. Take a look at the non-historic mods.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the answer, I am downloading right now, hopefully it will work (2 of the 4 links did not, but now it looks as it will work).

Thank you very much for the answer, I am downloading right now, hopefully it will work (2 of the 4 links did not, but now it looks as it will work).
Ooops... Mediafire link is really no working, so I removed from the list. THX for the hint.

can i ask for a link to the paliakalnis model please. I'm curious... PS: to LPlate2: nice to see after fifteen years in the game my elven cityset.

can i ask for a link to the paliakalnis model please. I'm curious... PS: to LPlate2: nice to see after fifteen years in the game my elven cityset.
There you go :)

Attachments

• piliakalnis.rar
    559.5 KB · Views: 138

Ah, this is your elven cityset? It looks good, I tried to download it (to have a look, if it can be used for normal civs, too), but the link was invalid. Can someone, e.g. LPlate2, reupload it here?

Top Bottom