1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Graphics Modification Requests Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Graphics Modpacks' started by Thunderfall, May 22, 2006.

1. The Snail

The Snail Chieftain

2. topsecret

topsecret Believer

I am looking for Elvish looking hair on a Leaderhead. I am combing my way through the LH database, but I wanted to post here in case anyone knew where I could find a Leader that has long hair such as:
    Spoiler Elves :

3. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

All I could read was:
    :lol:

topsecret likes this.
  4. topsecret

topsecret Believer

:lol:

5. SaibotLieh

SaibotLieh Emperor

Maybe you can use hair from the Elder Scroll and/or Fallout mods. Here are two examples:

https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/47964
    https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/45383

Most of them have a rather high polycount though.

6. topsecret

topsecret Believer

I'll look into it. Thanks. I'm also going to keep looking through the database for low poly count hair as well.

7. LPlate2

LPlate2 Chieftain

Can anyone prepare a Wall of Thorns building graphic, ideally two - one a Walls replacement and another a wonder based on the Great Wall art define?

Edit: So I made a stab at creating the building graphic myself. Essentially I copied every "walls" file from the 4 fpk into a new folder and then changed the three dds; wall, wall_an and walls to a thorn like tile. The pedia gives a reasonable looking organic wall of thorns, except there's a red square underneath it. Within the game, the old wall graphic is still used. Does anyone know why these errors occur or how I should fix these two issues?

Secondly, I could not locate the files for the great wall in the fpk. Does anyone know where these are?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
  8. Kathy

Kathy Prince

I am wondering, if anyone could do a eel ressource.

9. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

Displaying walls ingame works different from regular buildings. Walls depend on the size and shape of the city, so 1 model will simply not work. The model in the pedia is a seperate model from the model ingame. Ingame thealls are made of seperate sections placed together making a solid structure. To do this, each wall type has its own unique LSystem. (For this reason, the Celtic Dunn and Charlemagne mod High Walls have their own unique <Lsystem>) What you should do is create a new Lsystem in Assets/XML/Buildings/CIV4CityLSystem.xml. I recommend simply copy-pasting the LSYSTEM_CELTIC_DUN Lsystem and modify it so it uses your new art. It should be pretty straightforward what you should modify. (otherwise just ask)

Don't forget to change the <Lsystem> of your thorn walls in Assets/XML/Art/CIV4ArtDefines_Building.xml as well. ;)

Edit:
    This is what you will find the CIV4CityLSystem.xml. There are 3 lines (I added CHANGE THIS to these lines) that you should edit.

Code:
            <ArtRef Name="building:LSYSTEM_CELTIC_DUN"> CHANGE THIS
                <Attribute Class="Scalar">szSpecialLayout:CityCenter</Attribute>
                <Attribute Class="Scalar">szBuilder:WallBuilder</Attribute>
                <Attribute Class="Scalar">bLayoutAfterGenerics:1</Attribute>
                <Attribute Class="Scalar">bNoContour:1</Attribute>
                <Attribute Class="Scalar">szPostArtFile:Art/Structures/Buildings/Celtic_Dun/Celtic_Dun_Post.nif</Attribute> CHANGE THIS
                <Attribute Class="Scalar">szWallArtFile:Art/Structures/Buildings/Celtic_Dun/Celtic_Dun_Wall_%1.nif</Attribute> CHANGE THIS
                <Rotate>45</Rotate>
                <!-- this needs to be the negative of the CITY_TWIST value in detail manager; note that this uses degrees but DetailManager uses radians. Sorry. -->
            </ArtRef>
    The red square is probably the shadow texture. I recommend just using the one from the regular walls.

The fpk only contains the art from the vanilla game. The Great Wall was introduced in Warlords. Go to your BTS installation folder. In there, you should see a folder called "Warlords". Then it is in the Assets/Art/Structures/Buildings folder.

10. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

Wow! That's a great idea! A water resource on a land tile next to a river would be nice.

11. LPlate2

LPlate2 Chieftain

Thanks @merijn_v1. I got the graphic for a city wall of thorns working. I didn’t get the red square in the pedia sorted but I’m less concerned with that.

As regards the Wonder, Great Wall of thorns, once again, I have the pedia working (no red shadow issue this time). In the game itself, the original Great Wall still appears.
    It’s necessary to tick bBorderObstacle to make a Great Wall graphic appear in game. Does this drive the system straight to the original Great Wall graphic, overlooking that the building has its own? If it’s not ticked, there’s no graphical representation in game of the new wonder.
    I have created a LSYSTEM_GREAT_THORNWALL but I’m not sure what are the extra attribute rows I need to add.
    I also noticed the ART_GREAT_WALL_POST, ART_GREAT_WALL_SEGMENT & ART_GREAT_WALL_SHADOW_TEXTURE in the CIV4ArtDefines_Misc.xml file. I added equivalents for the great thorn wall but what file is calling these?

Has anyone previously modded a new wonder based on the Great Wall graphic?

12. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

There are several mods with custom Great Walls graphics. IIRC PAE, Fall From Heaven 2. Take a look at the non-historic mods.

13. Kathy

Kathy Prince

14. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

I have added to my mod Islets and Rocky Islets from... C2C? RI? I don't remember but those are tiny islands that could suite you.

EDIT:
    I just stumbled upon the Lithuanian UB, Piliakalnis that may even be better for you, since that is a single piece rock.
    AND Mega Pack

Last edited: May 11, 2020
  15. Kathy

Kathy Prince

Thank you very much for the answer, I am downloading right now, hopefully it will work (2 of the 4 links did not, but now it looks as it will work).

16. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

Ooops... Mediafire link is really no working, so I removed from the list. THX for the hint.

17. Kathy

Kathy Prince

It is a great mod, thanks for it, the Piliakalnis will be good for Gibraltar.

Zeta Nexus likes this.
  18. hrochland

hrochland Prince

can i ask for a link to the paliakalnis model please. I'm curious... PS: to LPlate2: nice to see after fifteen years in the game my elven cityset.

19. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

There you go :)

Attached Files:

20. Kathy

Kathy Prince

Ah, this is your elven cityset? It looks good, I tried to download it (to have a look, if it can be used for normal civs, too), but the link was invalid. Can someone, e.g. LPlate2, reupload it here?