Graphics Modification Requests Thread

Ramzay has an animated boar in his unfinished Tamriel mod. Could probably switch the dds if you don't like the look of his, although it looks like he used a different base for his dds than the one Stuttgart posted.

Attachments

• boar.PNG
    boar.PNG
    354.6 KB · Views: 45
  • Boar.zip
    104.5 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
I think I'll repost this here, since this thread seems to be active:

I command the mapscript I use to not plot mountains...because I hate them...

The thought occurred to me, however, that I could replace the mountains with a new 'plateau' terrain--you know, like what the Inca's used to live on.

Unfortunately, however, I possess zero graphical skills, hence would someone be willing to create such a sort of terrain? I'd like for it to be raised, but of course not to a peak, unless it's possible to create something that has a visible plateau on the side of a peak. Something that could take mining graphics.

Hi guys,

just in case this might be interesting for Civ4BTS modders, I leave this here as well. :dunno:
(It is really good quality considering the textures and almost a pitty if nobody would like to use it.)
Spoiler :

It is again a converted Unit graphic from Caveman2Cosoms.
(So skeleton and such most likely is unusable for any animation.)

It is pretty great texture quality but probably needs to be redone completely otherwise.
Maybe some other Civ4BTS modder might want to use it and have it animated. :dunno:

To avoid unnecessary efforts:
I can not use it for our WTP, because there were no Wild Boars in the Americas before the Europeans arrived.
So unless anybody else wants to use it, please do not invest efforts to animate it in vain.
It only makes sense to animate it if somebody else wants to actually use it in his mod.

----

[/SPOILER]

Herr Stuttgart, I think you can use the boar for your mod. They might not have been there when the Europeans arrived, but then in that case you should not have mounted braves because horses were also not there. They also didn't have cattle either. In the case of boars though, the Europeans brought pigs with them, but some of the pigs escaped captivity and over time morphed into the famous razorbacks. Maybe you could have them not appear until a particular time passes.

https://encyclopediaofarkansas.net/entries/razorbacks-hog-2125/

... but then in that case you should not have mounted braves because horses were also not there.
The mounted braves do not exist from the beginning. Thus there is no inconsistency or immersion break there.
The Natives need to get Yield Horses (to equip that Profession) from trade, from raids on colonial villages or from combat against mounted Professions.

... but some of the pigs escaped captivity and over time morphed into the famous razorbacks. Maybe you could have them not appear until a particular time passes.
I thought about doing exactly that and may implement it as a Python event. :thumbsup:
But I am currently too busy with the "economy overhaul anno-style" which is really a huge overhaul.
(I already introduced "Yield Pigs" in branch "Yields".)

Herr Stuttgart,
By the way, simply call me "ray", that is what I got used to, since everybody calls me like that since many years. :)

Last edited:
I wonder is someone would be interested in creating a cityset based on the architecture of the US-South states before the civil war:

Also, I would like to ask for a wild west city set.

It's been a while since I postet this request. But as I plan to add some of Hrochlands Citysets to my mod soon, I would be glad to have these too, when I start working with citysets.
I know it is a bit after the period from colonization, otherwhise I would have asked, it someone from colonization also needs this graphics and could help me.

Hi guys,

could somebody please fix this for me?
(I do not know what I need to change - I guess it is related to clipping.)

If it is not related to the NIF but to some XML setting, please let me know.
(But I checked the XML of its ArtDef and could not find anything.)

Problem:
The tree cuts through the Unit.
(It is hardly visible in some cases.)

upload_2022-2-5_21-56-4.jpeg

Thanks in advance,
ray

Attachments

• TreeEvergreen.rar
    2.1 KB · Views: 24
I am looking for some artwork for a meterological station. As this should be early industrial, there should not be radars or so. I think a windsock would do fine. Could anyone do such a model or maybe has already a one?

Does anyone know, if Civ6 leaderheads can be converted to Civ4 - and if so, could someone convert a leader for me? I am using a quote old reskinned Elizabeth-graphic for Wilhelmina, but is does not really look like her. So if someone could convert Civ6 Wilhelmina to Civ4, I would be glad.

Does anyone know, if Civ6 leaderheads can be converted to Civ4 - and if so, could someone convert a leader for me? I am using a quote old reskinned Elizabeth-graphic for Wilhelmina, but is does not really look like her. So if someone could convert Civ6 Wilhelmina to Civ4, I would be glad.
MightyToad tried to do something similar with Ashurbanipal. You need to keep in mind that it will be extremely difficult to attach the model to an already existing skeleton.
I can try to show roughly what can be done and how, but I need a model. Moreover, not just a model, but already translated into at least some format, such as obj or 3ds. I don't have a Civilization 6, and I'm not going to buy it, but if there is a model, I'll at least look at it.

I also don't have Civ6, too, and and don't plan to ever buy it. In past, I could have asked my cousin, if he could share the files, but we do not talk to each other any more.
But maybe someone also is ready to share this modell, based on my request?

Attachments

• Yekaterina.rar
    2.1 MB · Views: 34
Hi guys,
I love civ 4 it is my absolute favorite game and with the variety of mods it never gets boring either.
It's just that my eyes don't work like they used to. I notice that my eyes are very strained by this game.
Civ 5 or civ 6 are better for my eyes.
I have tried desperately to find pleasure in civ 5 or civ 6, but I just can't do it.
Is there any way to make civ 4 easier on the eyes?
This could be done by a strategy view like in civ 5 and 6 or by making civ 4 look more like civ 5 or 6.

I see from your history of postings that you're familiar with Realism Invictus and Rise of Mankind and know how to increase the font sizes, so I guess just anything with darker terrain textures won't do. There is this somewhat recent mod (but perhaps already abandoned by its author) :
Civilization IV Remaster (aka Civ 6 tileset)
Edit: Oh - you're already aware of that. :blush:
Camera controls are dubious (cf. this post; also seems that Globe view was disabled entirely), but probably nothing that can't be fixed by tweaking settings in XML. And I think it's really just terrain graphics, yield icons and camera settings, everything else in the screenshots is from History Rewritten.

I'm not aware of any strategy view for Civ 4. I don't think the API for modding really supports that.

But maybe someone also is ready to share this modell
I suspect that the Civilization 4 fan thread is not the best place to search for content from the "6". I think you should look into those fledgling youth. If you don't find understanding there either, well...
It's banal to have a disk С a huge bunch of programs, but this is a solvable problem.

I am asking here, because I hope that a Civ4 modder knows how to import Civ6 graphics to Civ4. Civ6 Modders won't be interested in this. Only having the modell won't help me if noone knows how to convert. So it is not worth asking in Civ6 for the model before I find someone who can convert it.

It may make sense to ask the civ6 thread for civ6 models that interest you and expose them to the civ4 thread.
We all know how wonderful Walter does in the conversion. However, for example, I do not have access to civ6 files, but I can try something about it. From the few I've read, I think the files are somehow compiled or packaged to look like something inaccessible.

I really wish i could convert some CIV 6 city graphics to 4. In particular, Leugi's Imperial Crown Asian cities...

Hello fellow civ enthusiasts!

Does anyone know if there's an art resource similar to the structure in the pics below? This Minoan symbol is known as the "Horns of Consecration." I'm working with a new civ member, CyprusTree123 on a Bronze Age Mediterranean Scenario, and we're hoping to use this as a Minoan UB replacement for the monument. It could also be scaled up to serve as a minor wonder.

Or would anyone be interested in creating this?

Background Info: Remnants of the Horns of Consecration have been discovered in several places on the island of Crete. They were made of limestone, stone, or clay, and placed on the roof of a building. They might have been used for Astronomy, but above all, they most certainly served a religious purpose. The limestone horns of Knossos (pictured below) are the most famous.

Thank you in advance for any help! :thumbsup:

Horns of Consecration 01.jpg

Horns of Consecration 02.jpg

Minoan Bull - Minotaur.jpg

Attachments

• Horns of Consecration 03.jpg
    Horns of Consecration 03.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 19
  • Horns of Consecration 04.jpg
    Horns of Consecration 04.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 17
  • Horns of Consecration 05.jpg