Graphics Modification Requests Thread

@SaibotLieh

Is it possible to use the animation of your SeaLion here, to create an animate resourse with this Walruss?
(The graphics are a converted Unit graphic from Caveman 2 Cosmos, so the bone structure is probably messed up.)

To work in Civ4Col it needs a "ShaderNIF" (_FX).
I do not really know the difference, but most likely you do yourself already.

Your Sealion:
Spoiler :

Walruss:
Spoiler :

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0010.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0010.JPG
    163.9 KB · Views: 257
  • walrus.rar
    71.7 KB · Views: 23
Ok guys, I better stop for today. :)

Sorry again for annoying with so many requests.
And thanks again in advance for all help.

@SaibotLieh

Is it possible to use the animation of your SeaLion here, to create an animate resourse with this Walruss?
(The graphics are a converted Unit graphic from Caveman 2 Cosmos, so the bone structure is probably messed up.)

To work in Civ4Col it needs a "ShaderNIF" (_FX).
I do not really know the difference, but most likely you do yourself already.

Your Sealion:
Spoiler :

Walruss:
Spoiler :

Does it need to be that model or would the walrus resource based on the sealion model already be sufficient? https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/walrus-resource.16681/

Does it need to be that model or would the walrus resource based on the sealion model already be sufficient?
I just hoped that the model I had shown could be rigged over the bone structure of your sealion with less effort than creating a new model.
Also is a very realistic model for a walruss and I also already use your sealion as well thus the new resource should look a bit different.

But if you can create something that looks even better I am perfectly open for all ideas. :thumbsup:
As long as it looks like a walruss and is thus easy to visually differentiate from a sealion it would be fine.

Attachments

• Noaa-walrus22.jpg
    Noaa-walrus22.jpg
    695.9 KB · Views: 25
  • Sealion.jpg
    Sealion.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 24
I just hoped that the model I had shown could be rigged over the bone structure of your sealion with less effort than creating a new model.
Also is a very realistic model for a walruss and I also already use your sealion as well thus the new resource should look a bit different.

But if you can create something that looks even better I am perfectly open for all ideas. :thumbsup:
As long as it looks like a walruss and is thus easy to visually differentiate from a sealion it would be fine.
No worries and fair enough, just wanted to make sure you already know about the other option. I will see if I can fit the walrus model you posted to the resource skeleton.

Okay, try if this works for you. I had to tinker a bit to make it work and it seems to work okay in NifSkope, but I have not tested it in-game so far.

Attachments

• Sea_Walrus.zip
    319.1 KB · Views: 19
Hi guys,

could somebody help me and animate this Penguin resource?
It is again a converted Unit graphic, so the bone structure is probably worthless.

If somebody already has better model for Penguins than this one that is of course perfectly fine.
I have found this specific model as a Unit in Caveman2Cosmos mod.

It would be cool if they would be wabbling a little bit from left to right and walking in circles.
But like always, I will of course take whatever I get, as long as it is somehow moving.
Spoiler :

Attachments

• penguin.rar
    39.2 KB · Views: 18
  • Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    164 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:
Hi guys,

The NIF of this Llama Resource in the Civ4 Download section is crashing Civ4Col.
Could somebody please convert it for me as an _FX NIF (ShaderNif) version?
I guess I can then just try to use the Horse KFM to animate it, as the link told.

Thanks in advance. :)
Due to the lack of Civ4Col I could not test, but hopefully the attached version of the Llama resource works for you.

Attachments

• Llama.zip
    395.5 KB · Views: 23
@SaibotLieh
Just confirmed that it works great now in Civ4Col. :)
Thanks again.
Spoiler :

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    176.8 KB · Views: 402
Vulture.jpg Gull.jpg

I've done the vulture and gull. This was a really interesting one. The only animation of a bird flying that I could think of was the birds in the main menu for BTS. So, I used those and added them to the solar system nif from Final Frontier. I liked that one because the planet bones all orbit at different speeds. This looks better than using a single bone like from the olive press like I was initially thinking. Both of these have the animations built into the nif. So, no KFM.

A question I have is will this be for a resource? Because I don't think sky rats and vultures are good for anything. :dunno:

Also, I didn't know the canadian geese were going to be used on water. I it could be modified using the same sheep animations to sit lower and appear to be floating. The question is how will they look using the fishing nets or whaling boats when worked.

Will the Ducks, Boobies and Loons be water resources as well? I don't think having the penguins waddling about is possible using low effort hack stuff. :scared:

Attachments

• Resources.rar
    133.7 KB · Views: 26
A question I have is will this be for a resource?
Yes, e.g. Vultures could give Yield Health to the next adjacent city if worked on, since they clean decaying carcasses that reduces spread of diseases.
(The Yield Health is not produced on the Plots, but our Bonus Ressources can give Yield effects indirectly.)

Gulls could e.g. be hunted for Feathers and Food which is pretty realistic for the early colonial times.
(There is a "Hunting Feature" in our mod. Which creates 2 separate Yields by Hunting Profession.)

e.g. Hunting can produce these Yield combos:
  • Fur and Food ("Hunting" feature)
  • Premium Fur and Food ("Hunting" feature)
  • Feathers and Food ("Bird Hunting" still in implementation)
Fur, Premium Fur, Feathers can then be used to produce further goods.
(Like Fur Coats, Pillows, ...)

Those are then transported and traded.
(e.g. with Native Cities, Europe, Africa Port Royal other Europeans.)

--------

Also our mod does not only have "fishing nets" as coastal improvements on fishable resources.
It also has "hunting stage" that is only available on water animal resources.

Well again, different game with lots of differences.
They basically just share the same engine.

--------

Bonus Resources
worked on can also simply trigger effects in the City. (Mostly used for our Health System.)
If there is not something in our mod that already fits, I will simply program something, since I am a feature programmer. :)

--------

Because I don't think sky rats and vultures are good for anything.
Probably not in Civ4BTS, because Civ4BTS has only so few Yields, but our mod already has about 70 yields and I intend to introduce even more.
There are vast production chains and trade chains that you can use. Also all the other Features like (Health, Religion, Culture, Liberty Bells, ...) work vastly different.

Summary:

When you think about Civ4Col / WTP think about Anno series, not Civ4BTS. :thumbsup:
The gameplay of Anno is much closer to WTP than the gameplay of Civ4BTS.

Last edited:

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0013.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0013.JPG
    177.8 KB · Views: 136
  • Civ4ScreenShot0012.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0012.JPG
    164.1 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
The question is how will they look using the fishing nets or whaling boats when worked.
You imagine Civ4BTS gameplay for WTP (the largest Civ4Col mod) which is not the case.
In Civ4BTS there is only fishing fish on water. --> Food (Fish)

But in WTP coastal water animals can also be hunted. ("Hunting" feature.)
("Bird Hunting" is a new feature I am currently implementing that does not yet exist in previous releases.)
  • We e.g. already have proession "Seal Hunter" that hunts e.g. seals or fur seals on water. --> Furs + Food
  • We e.g. already have a profession "Trapper" that can also hunt sea otters on water. --> Premium Furs + Food
----------

To simplify our mod:

Imagine "Anno" being developed since 13 years on the Civ4BTS engine.
It is an "economy and society sim" in the colonial times up to War of Indendence.
(Thus very strongly trying to be immersive and focussed on one time period only.)

----------

For more infos and better understanding:

Here is one of the steam guides if you want to read more.
Alternatively there are also youtube videos from our community like this one.

----------

This is for example how our City Screen looks like:

(It is a screenshot of an older release though.)
Spoiler :

----------

Summary:

A lot of stuff that makes little sense in Civ4BTS works perfectly great in WTP.
When thinking about WTP forget most of the Civ4BTS gameplay, especially for Yields.

Attachments

• 16810_screenshots_20200626113805_1.jpg
    16810_screenshots_20200626113805_1.jpg
    346.3 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Also, I didn't know the canadian geese were going to be used on water.
They are perfectly fine as they are. :thumbsup:

I am not even sure if we will put them on Lakes (a dedicated Terrain in our mod) or on Taiga, Tundra or Wetlands (Terrains in our mod).
The current release is still in the middle of its development phase and we will probably still change much after internal testing.

Will the Ducks, Boobies and Loons be water resources as well?
Most likely yes, I was intending to put them on "Large Rivers", "Lakes", "Ice Lakes" or "Coasts" or "Shallow Coasts". (All of them dedicated Terrains in our mod.)
But just like above, I might also put them on land Terrains as well if internal testing shows that balancing would be better if they were on land.

Summary:
You could simply create them just like the "Canada Goose" and it should be fine. :thumbsup:
The current development branch of WTP is still an alpha and lots of things may still change.

----

Comment:
If you create them like the "Canada Goose", Civ4BTS mods may use it as well. :)
So let us create it in a way that not just WTP can use it. The more mods profit, the better.

Last edited:
I don't think having the penguins waddling about is possible using low effort hack stuff.
I just naively thought it was easy to do something like that. :dunno:

If any other solution works better, I will take the other solution. :thumbsup:
If there is currently no way to animate them without massive effort, then we can also live without them having an animation.

---

As I said, I have no idea how much effort it is to animate.
I will take whatever is possible and accept of course if something is not possible. :)

Last edited:
Booby.jpg Bluefootedbooby.jpg
Duck.jpg Penguin.jpg Loon.jpg
I got the rest of the birds. I modified the booby quite a bit. The feet were comically over sized. I also removed the cool feathers from the penguin because there were removed from the texture, and I didn't have the original. Shame, cause rock hoppers look awesome and stylish with their head gear.
I included sheep animations that have the sounds removed since birds don't sound like sheep. :sheep:
They are all rigged to sheep. I rigged the whole body of the penguins to the leg bones in an attempt to simulate the penguin walk. It looks semi-convincing.
I suppose the boobies could be rigged to the FF solar system bones so they swim in circles, I figured that would look lame IMHO.

Attachments

• Resources.rar
    374.7 KB · Views: 25
@MightyToad
Awesome. :bowdown:
I will test them tomorrow. :thumbsup:

I am a bit tired and unconcetrated today.
Seems like I somehow caught a cold.

Edit:
Tested and verified that thew work perfectly. :)
(see below)

Last edited:
@MightyToad

Why do some of the ressources you created use the Sheep_NO_SOUND.kfm and others still use the Sheep.kfm?
What is the difference between those 2 other than obviously one having sound and the otherone not?

Otherwise the resources work perfectly in Civ4Col. :hug:
Spoiler :

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0011.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0011.JPG
    170 KB · Views: 631
  • Civ4ScreenShot0009.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0009.JPG
    172 KB · Views: 627
  • Civ4ScreenShot0008.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0008.JPG
    162.6 KB · Views: 628