Great Works Combo Discussions

JanghanHong

Enrico Trololo
Tourism and Great Works

-Tourism is an actual yield (like culture or religion) that is created in the game
-Tourism is first created by Great Artist/Musician/Writer who can create (named) masterpieces which are then placed in slots created in cultural buildings and some -Tourism is secondly created by Archaeologists investigating former battle grounds and finding artifacts which can be turned into great works for your museums
-Certain Wonders may also create Tourism
-Great Works can be combined and here are certain (unannounced) themes that when combined can create bonus tourism

I'm interested what kind of combo you can make with great works that can be more powerful than simple sum of its parts.

We do know that masterpieces will be made by Great Artist, Musician and Writer.

And there are certain themes that when combined, will give higher output of tourism than just linear addition of great works.

Since it's sort of too specific to go with analyzing individual component of a real-life great tourist attraction with multiple moving parts, I think it might work as a broad recipe for creating complex pieces.

Type of great works produced by, and the age unlocked: (they'll all probably have individual names)

Artist -

Sculpture
Painting - Medieval era
Photography - Industrial era
Video - Atomic era (think Andy Warhol)

Musician -

Hymn
Orchestra - Medieval era
Records - Industrial era
Soundtrack - Atomic era (using records to cobble together sounds from different instruments that can't all be played at the same place, unlike Orchestra)

Writer -

Epic
Drama - Medieval era (I am aware of the existence of Greek drama)
Essay - Industrial era (think Voltaire, Nietzsche)
Fiction - Atomic era (Speculative fiction like Brave New World)

Combos:

Great Statue: Sculpture + Epic
Great Movie: Video + Fiction + Soundtrack
Great Documentary: Video + Essay + Soundtrack
Great Opera: Drama + Orchestra
Great Newspaper: Photography + Essay
Great Anthem: Record + Epic

I'd love it to be that complicated, but I think for the sake of simplicity and lack of actual spots, it's gonna be a Great Book/Story, Painting (Starry Nights was mentioned), and Song.

Musician -

Hymn
Orchestra - Medieval era
Records - Industrial era
Soundtrack - Atomic era (using records to cobble together sounds from different instruments that can't all be played at the same place, unlike Orchestra)

I'm being pedantic, but this should really be more like the following:

Plainsong - Medieval era
Orchestral - Renaissance era/Industrial era
Records - Modern era

Interesting speculation! I'd be happy if this is the way the "Themes" are going to work in practice.

I think it's way too early to intelligently speculate.

Writer -

Epic
Drama - Medieval era (I am aware of the existence of Greek drama)
Essay - Industrial era (think Voltaire, Nietzsche)
Fiction - Atomic era (Speculative fiction like Brave New World)

I might make these instead:

Poem
Novel - Medieval Era (earliest examples date from the 900's)
Serial - Industrial Era (Invented in the 1700's but popularized in the 1880's)
Teledrama - Atomic Era (mass broadcast of serials (Radio, Television & Film))

I think it's way too early to intelligently speculate.

Gwnerally I would agree but since I think the Devs mentioned Macbeth and you've got the Globe Theater as a Wonder, I would be surprised if there is not a correlation there.

Yeah and I'm sure there's some benefits for putting David in the Uffizi or the Mona Lisa in the Lovre. However, this discussion will have diminishing returns :p

I'm expecting at least one wonder to amplify great works' rewards. If many do based on what's put where, I just hope the AI can do that.

Top Bottom