Greek police shooting sparks riot

Anarchists are very funny. They say that the State is the root of most evils. Then they say that immediate abolishment is needed. Then someone says that chaos would ensue, and new "States" or state-like entities would arise, potentially far worse since tradition of law would be null in void in many instances... and on and on. Eventually you can make the anarchist into a pseudo-statist.

well, yes. you could say the teenage rebellion anarchists are stupid like that, but the more intelligent ones say that anarchy couldnt happen now and that through further social evolution, it may be possible.

i support anarchists (i'm not really one, but i can see why they'd be attracted to it) but i don't support the black mask anarchists.

the police man shouldnt be punished for what he did.

That's kind of childish of you. :p

Well I was a high school sophomore.

Shouldn't that go for anyone, not just anarchists? :confused:

Well yeah. But for the most part, people are by default anarchists when they're rioting, including a "just" riot.

DW-World

The rioting began in the Greek capital after groups of youths in the central neighborhood of Exarchia began attacking a police car with stones and firebombs late on Saturday.

One of the officers inside the police vehicle retaliated by firing shots, seriously wounding the teenager in the stomach.

The teenager shot by police was rushed to a local hospital but died upon arrival, triggering youths and citizens in other areas across the country to take to the streets.

Here's an idea: Don't firebomb police cars, don't get shot.

Any country where Minister of Interior expresses regrets when a policeman shoots some firebomb-throwing vermin, faces deep trouble...:cringe:

Anarchy is the system where the stronger survives, right? Well, the right thing to do here would be to equip police with machineguns and give these rioting scumbags a taste of their own socio-economic theories.

Decorate the policeman who shot that little moron, round up the leftie thugs and send them to some uninhabited island in the Aegean sea to do some hard labour for 10 years.

Any country where Minister of Interior expresses regrets when a policeman shoots some firebomb-throwing vermin, faces deep trouble...:cringe:

Anarchy is the system where the stronger survives, right? Well, the right thing to do here would be to equip police with machineguns and give these rioting scumbags a taste of their own socio-economic theories.

Decorate the policeman who shot that little moron, round up the leftie thugs and send them to some uninhabited island in the Aegean sea to do some hard labour for 10 years.

I didn't know you two were such a fan of soviet "justice".

disgusting.

Not to spark a race-based discussion here but ain't the rioting peeps Nigerian immigrants? It seems that the killing of that boy was a good excuse to vent their other problems with the Greek people and state.

disgusting.

whats disgusting is when people are attacking the police and the police are punished for defending themselves.

whats disgusting is when people are attacking the police and the police are punished for defending themselves.

ever heard of the term, "reasonable force"?

and i had it over what these two eastern europeans suggest: murder and deportation.

ever heard of the term, "reasonable force"?

and i had it over what these two eastern europeans suggest: murder and deportation.

what exactly is reasonable force when 30 people are attacking you?

and i dont understand what you mean by the second part

disgusting.
I didn't know you are such a fan of being burned to death inside your car.

What is that to do with Soviet justice? Throwing firebombs at policemen hardly qualifies as peaceful demonstration. Also, as far as I know Greece is a democratic country where anyone can express their dissent with powers in a civilized manner, not some dictatorship where civil disobedience might be justified.

Plus, anarchists are about the worst kind of idiots you can find. And since you mentioned Soviets, they (anarchists) did their fair share of screwing over Russia (and consequently everyone next door) by assassinating every sane person with mind for democratic reforms (e.g. Alexander II and Stolypin).

what exactly is reasonable force when 30 people are attacking you?

and i dont understand what you mean by the second part

rubber bullets, additional manpower, watercannons, riot shields, guard dogs.

read what the eastern europeans understand under "justice" to get the second part.

I didn't know you are such a fan of being burned to death inside your car.

What is that to do with Soviet justice? Throwing firebombs at policemen hardly qualifies as peaceful demonstration. Also, as far as I know Greece is a democratic country where anyone can express their dissent with powers in a civilized manner, not some dictatorship where civil disobedience might be justified.

Plus, anarchists are about the worst kind of idiots you can find. And since you mentioned Soviets, they did their fair share of screwing over Russia (and consequently everyone next door) by assassinating every sane person with mind for democratic reforms (e.g. Alexander II and Stolypin).

you don't get it do you?

You eastern europeans constantly spew on how much you guys hate russia, but when you say a harsh measure should be done, you grab back to soviet policies.

and me saying "disgusting" means, i find those policies despicable, so your third part of your post is just another blind rave. It's silly really.

for the rest, i'll ignore your strawman.

He had to use whatever weapon he had. If that was a loaded firearm then so be it. I wouldn't be waiting for backup to arrive with the less-lethal stuff. Someone is tossing bombs at me then I'm shooting.

read what the eastern europeans understand under "justice" to get the second part.

they probably didnt have rubber bullets, nor a dog nor a riot shield nor water cannons and if they waited for any of that stuff to arrive it could have been to late.

He had to use whatever weapon he had. If that is was a loaded firearm then so be it. I wouldn't be waiting for backup to arrive with the less-lethal stuff. Someone is tossing bombs at me then I'm shooting.

Hans van temsche, a murderer with a loaded rifle was taken down by a policeman with a shot in a non-vital area. If a fat Belgian policeman can do it, no doubt the descendants of Greek freedomfighters can do it. :mischief:

and Hossam: it is certainly too late now for that "punk", which may have gotten some common sense into him in a few years. and what about a fricking warning shot, a decapitating shot. There are many non-lethal options.

Hans van temsche, a murderer with a loaded rifle was taken down by a policeman with a shot in a non-vital area. If a fat Belgian policeman can do it, no doubt the descendants of Greek freedomfighters can do it. :mischief:

and Hossam: it is certainly too late now for that "punk", which may have gotten some common sense into him in a few years. and what about a fricking warning shot, a decapitating shot. There are many non-lethal options.

the most obvious of which is not breaking the law and attacking a police man.

as for shooting him in a non lethal area, maybe he died of blood loss? maybe the police man just didnt aim to well in the heat of the moment, maybe he did give a warning shot. maybe he brandished his weapon but that didnt deter the attackers.

If this had been the Russian, Chinese or Venezuelan police I reckon we would be seeing a very different response form several posters here

the most obvious of which is not breaking the law and attacking a police man.

as for shooting him in a non lethal area, maybe he died of blood loss? maybe the police man just didnt aim to well in the heat of the moment, maybe he did give a warning shot. maybe he brandished his weapon but that didnt deter the attackers.

how many poeple do not deter when a cop is standing before them with a gun? would you do anything when a shot pierced your leg. how would your buddies react.

"oh shi-, let's GTFO here".

Exactly RRW, i'll tell you something, Slavs actually love repressive tactics and enforcement. But they have to keep up the appearance they are becoming "western" so they will condemn the actions of "rogue states law enforcement", but when it comes down to it, poeple like yeekim and winner want to gun down dissents, just like father state back in the days.

Top Bottom