Guess the Map 12: Or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Hate Mercator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, gonna kill this one. This was more of a puzzle than intended. It's countries with smallest / largest population by alphabetical order.

So,

Andorra and Argentina
Barbados and Brazil

Etc

There's only one country that starts with O, Q and Y which is why Oman, Qatar and Yemen could be both min and max.

In Spanish, Germany starts with an A, which is why Argentina went grey and to replace Germany in G, Ghana is next.

Promise not to be abstract again, sorries for frustration. Suggest an open floor.
I think what might have helped was if every pair of countries was its own color, which would've helped us understand the groupings :)

I was trying to figure out what France, Germany, and Japan had in common, etc.

I noticed that too - I didn't make the map. I can't make out what the value for EU Kosovo is; probably Chad-level.
It could be related to cost of living along with wealth.

My guess it's the amount of tourists each year.

I think it's life expectancy. The purple countries are in the 80-85 bracket, the next tier is 75-80 bracket, and so on. However, life expectancy wouldn't be an integer, but the ranges I guess are.

New Map:

The map is historical.

Attachments

• Historical Frog Populations.png
    Historical Frog Populations.png
    39.9 KB · Views: 229
Obviously 1919-1923 period. Colors could be league of nations related (?)
If @r16 wasn't only posting in congregation threads, he would have picked it up.

Paraguay looks miserable. Later on it stole a region from its other neighbor (who really should have tried to form an army, after the triple alliance war).

Last edited:
as the map is already named this must be something else , maybe French businessmen all over the world ?

edit : Possibly had issues with the link ? ı was supposing (at sign) poster would show up in the alerts ? (Was passing by when ı saw the thread)

edit: ups , turns out there was a poster so nicknamed , changed it to ... poster .

Last edited:
we are like seeing the attached files thing , with the file name , ı think , maybe two CFC posters , doesn't it show up to others ?

we are like seeing the attached files thing , with the file name , ı think , maybe two CFC posters , doesn't it show up to others ?

Why do you think it wouldn't show for others?
Mit has no power here :p

The file shows below cause it is uploaded as an attachment to CFC (not just a linked image from an external image hosting site).

so , you are forcing me to win and come up with a map ?

ah , cool .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom