Guess the map 15: GDP or population?

Lab research on geographers?

Subterranean bunkers?

Research related to food, but not agriculture per se... Something related to nutrition? Synthetic nutrition of some kind.

Mushrooms! :p

BioDomes?

You're close, but it's not the right thing yet.

Research related to food, but not agriculture per se... Something related to nutrition? Synthetic nutrition of some kind.

Oh, I think they do that too, but is not the focus.
Not mushrooms, and I guess they qualify as biodomes...

Ocean Space Habitats

Aha! I got it!!!! Funny, I was thinking about this very thing a couple of weeks ago and was looking up some stuff about Antarctica. I had popped back in here late and was thinking about my last couple of answers, but puzzling about what you meant by "axis". Then I really thought about "axis" and boom! Antarctica popped in my mind immediately. So it's:

Antarctic research stations by country! Yay me!

I found the map you used as well once I looked it up.

Aha! I got it!!!! Funny, I was thinking about this very thing a couple of weeks ago and was looking up some stuff about Antarctica. I had popped back in here late and was thinking about my last couple of answers, but puzzling about what you meant by "axis". Then I really thought about "axis" and boom! Antarctica popped in my mind immediately. So it's:

Antarctic research stations by country! Yay me!

I found the map you used as well once I looked it up.

Yes, you got it :goodjob:.
Orange = Countries with antartic research stations manned through the whole year
Yellow = Countries with antarctic research stations manned only in summer
Map was taken from here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Research_stations_in_Antarctica

So IMHO they do count as biodomes, normally do some type of agricultural research and it is somewhat ocean/water related.
I think more countries probably would have some if they had the money, although it puzzles me that Canada doesn't have any. Yes, surely they have their own cold climate, but so do Norway, the US and Russia.
These research stations also often "model" as examples for possible space/extra-terrestrial stations.
...yeah... I guess that's how all the guesses relate.

I hope you have something in mind lymond :D.

I’ll think on it and post something later today. Runnin” round a bit today

Okay. A bit ugly one here, but I worked this up myself with the tool based on an idea I looked up. I did it fast so could have done better with the colors.

Can you explain what the legend is? Because currently, if it is in order (?), it looks strange due to red tones being in both extremes. I suspect the deeper red means lack of item, while gray is lack of information, but the colors are very counter-intuitive :)
Unless each color means a distinct type of the item/thing.

Can you explain what the legend is? Because currently, if it is in order (?), it looks strange due to red tones being in both extremes. I suspect the deeper red means lack of item, while gray is lack of information, but the colors are very counter-intuitive :)
Unless each color means a distinct type of the item/thing.
Yes, the colors are not very intuitive indeed. Colors don't represent anything. The legend is from Highest to Lowest.

edit: Gray is no data

Last edited:
Just to check:
- Best: China
- Second best: Japan
- 3rd-7th: Northern America and most of Europe
- 2nd worst: Brazil, Colombia, Southern Africa, New Zealand and Norway (and Luxembourg?)
- Worst: Most countries you'd expect there

...something about...uh... I really don't know... what is China good in... private tutoring? General education?

Grey = no data = no recorded data, or actually absent?

Gray is no data.

I made the levels up based on the data, so each color represents a range of data. Not absolutes.

The disparity between High and Low here is very large. I was surprised a bit relative to my expectations going into it.

Top Bottom