• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Gun nuts of CFC, I need your advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having talked to my uncle about this, he told me the 1903 he owns was a "Frankenstein gun" that was put together out of 3 poor condition M1903s which is why he put a scope on it. Given the option, I'm not going to spend 2-3 times what a Remington 700 costs just to ruin a piece of history.

So leaning heavily towards a Remington 700 in a .223 or a .308

So how did it go? Did you get the R700?

The dead arise and walk the earth!

So how did it go? Did you get the R700?

I did not.

Yet.

I got the license (PAL) but I haven't wanted to spend $1k+ on a rifle I'll use twice a year. Before Covid, it's been cheaper to drive to NH and rent from shooting ranges.

Thompson Center Compass or Savage Axis II are both around $300 US if you want a cheaper but still quality option.

If you're in NH, PM @IglooDude and see if he'll hook you up with the exotic stuff.

:lol:

Absolutely, but I'm not all that exotic, 1911 .45ACP pistols mostly, and a few other common calibers. My only long guns are chambered in 22LR and 45ACP. :undecide:

Moderator Action: Not only is this thread nearly nine years old, we also have a dedicated fire arms thread. Please place any further discussion there. Thank you. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom