• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Guns, Guns, and more Guns.

You may be right, but I don't think that the pistols used by vets are the same as the ones used in the military - could be wrong though. I know that the Olympic team had ot get special dispensation to use their pistols in 2012; they have to go abroad normally to be able to shoot 'real' ones.
You may be right, but I am aware that vets are one of the few people allowed expanding ammunition, so I assume it's an actual pistol.

Damn you, for a minute I thought you meant the original Manchester and got all excited...
Haha, my first thought was "a firing range in Manc? Someone didn't do market research!"

You may be right, but I am aware that vets are one of the few people allowed expanding ammunition, so I assume it's an actual pistol.

I think it's modified somehow to have an extremely short range - in a braodly similar vein, police weapons are given modified ammunition which will not pass through a human body.

Heh, when I was up at the police trainign ground, they had an old MP40 they used to fire off down the range.

Heh, when I was up at the police trainign ground, they had an old MP40 they used to fire off down the range.

Ah, see, we were the Met, we were supposed to be professionals! That said, I did end up becoming a volunteer weapons safety instructor after the Skill-at-Arms NCO in me took over and I bellowed 'GET THAT SHAGGING BARREL DOWN THAT [loving] RANGE!' at one particularly useless trainee. Even better was when a certain sergeant came down to teach us how to work in buildings, to find he recognised his former Company Sergeant-Major... cue one very nervous instructor.

I was pissing around with the Winchester 1200 in the armoury (unloaded ofc) and somehow managed to remove the breach mechanism in front of the duty officer.

I don't know whether he was impressed or horrified.

Top Bottom