Have lefties already stolen the 2008 election??

Your proof being eight (8) workers committed voting fraud? I could ask:

Have righties already stolen the 2008 election??

And plead an equally sound conspiration theory.

However, elections don't get "stolen". They're won or lost. (In a democracy anyway.)

Your proof being eight (8) workers committed voting fraud? I could ask:

Have righties already stolen the 2008 election??

And plead an equally sound conspiration theory.

However, elections don't get "stolen". They're won or lost. (In a democracy anyway.)

You must be young.

Actually, there already is a thread "Have the Republicans stolen the 2008 elections?"

Things are already worse than I thought...

"You must be young?" Only of mind, boy, only of mind.:p

Excuse me, VRWC, but youv'e already made clear in the 'other thread' that you don't believe in independent international observers, so regardless of whether there is any basis to your claims or not we know that you don't want to fairly do anything about them anyways.

It's not that I love Republicans or anything, but "a party that so dearly hates Democracy" is not at all "fair".

Sure it is. Democracy is largely based off a popular vote by the people. One party is and has been trying to actively suppress that vote for decades through organized, concerted efforts large and small. They are essentially trying to stop as many 'politically undesirable' people from voting as possible. That is subverting the Democratic process and is pretty much anti-Democratic. The step between 'anti-democratic' to 'hates democracy' ain't that large.

Given the Tens of thousands purged from the voter rolls in Florida's 2000 election and the couple hundred vote margin that decided the Presidency, I think its fairly safe to say that one group (Republicans) did in fact already steal the election. And one of the consequences of that has been roughly 700 billion dollars wasted (could've paid for our bailout right there...or potentially never needed it in the first place), 4,000 American dead and 10's of thousands injured, and a few hundred thousand Iraqi dead. (not that most people care about that last number)

Al Gore would have wasted 700 billion dollars and thousands of lives fighting global warming. :p

All of those tactics have been reported on in mainstream papers. Do a freaking google search. I;m tired of doing it for you "factually impaired" guys.
So you have time to type out completely useless posts like this, but you don't have time to "do a freaking google search" to support your own ideals? Interesting.

Once again, this is sick. Once again, I call on any Republican to either condemn or defend this behavior. to perhaps answer the question why they continue to belong to a party that so dearly hates Democracy and actively attempts to suppress voting at every turn. Its disgusting.
I'll take a look at the other side when the other side starts acting any better. Your posts are a case in point. Pretending that the other side is Satan incarnate isn't any way to win friends - much less convince anyone that your opponents are the evil partisan ones. ;)

You don't think these guys are real? Do a little research. Obama has paid these guys serious money, and they've been investigated for thousands of phoney ballots in many states. (Including Ohio and Michigan, in addition to Missouri)

If you don't find this even a little bit worrisome, then I really don't know what to say.

Dude, it's on such a small scale that no, i'm not worried. And they were caught anyways. It's foolish to blame all demarcates as being in on this plan for stealing an election. These are just a few wacko zealots.

That Kathryn Harris issue wouldn't have happened if felons were allowed to vote.
I agree. Felons are still people with rights. But felons disproportionally vote democrat. So duh, the repub zealots go out to make sure felons aren't voting. And 99% of the time they do this legally. (I wouldn't call these laws just tho.) But not a 100% of the time. http://www.usccr.gov/pubs/vote2000/report/ch2.htm

To be fair, the Dem zealots do the same thing with military votes with trying to get them thrown out. http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpa...0A15752C1A9669C8B63&sec=&spon=&pagewanted=all

Excuse me, VRWC, but youv'e already made clear in the 'other thread' that you don't believe in independent international observers, so regardless of whether there is any basis to your claims or not we know that you don't want to fairly do anything about them anyways.

*blink blink* What the blazes do international observers have to do with this? What makes "international observers" more moral or ethical than my fellow Americans? You mean international observers from places like the UN where corruption runs rampant? We may have problems, but we'll deal with them ourselves, thank you kindly. We don't need some foreigner sticking their noses where they don't belong.

(yes yes, I know we have them. I don't want them and if it were up to me I'd kick their butts out faster than you can say "What league of nations?")

*blink blink* What the blazes do international observers have to do with this? What makes "international observers" more moral or ethical than my fellow Americans? You mean international observers from places like the UN where corruption runs rampant? We may have problems, but we'll deal with them ourselves, thank you kindly. We don't need some foreigner sticking their noses where they don't belong.

(yes yes, I know we have them. I don't want them and if it were up to me I'd kick their butts out faster than you can say "What league of nations?")
You'd rather just have biased observers who just split along party lines....

No offence, but to have this kind of stuff even possible kinda takes a whiz on the US being the worlds greatest democracy.
How so? In many other nations, political factions rig elections by plopping a rubber tire over your head and setting it on fire.

So I feel pretty good about American democracy right now. :king:

In order to make this thread fair and balanced I offer the following:

A federal judge on Wednesday issued a scathing criticism of Republican efforts to challenge the registrations of nearly 6,000 voters in Montana. The judge slammed the effort as "mischief" that targeted young Democrats and may have violated voter-rights laws.

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081009/DC5/810090358

Recently, the Ohio Supreme Court, in a 4-3 decision, dealt a serious blow to Ohio Republican efforts to disenfranchise hundreds of thousands of voters and at the same time vindicated Secretary of State Jennifer Brunner’s efforts to ensure all Ohioans have equal access to the polls. The Republican-dominated Supreme Court proved to be a check on Republican efforts to cause voter confusion with frivolous lawsuits. Additionally, U.S. Northern District Judge James S. Gwin ruled Brunner was properly upholding Ohio election laws in stating the Republican position “would lead to illogical results, potentially disenfranchising large numbers of voters.”

http://www.toledofreepress.com/2008/10/03/court-curbs-move-to-exclude-voters/

Young voters at Drexel University in Philadelphia, Penn. have already been targeted, with students reporting that flyers have been posted around campus warning that undercover police will be at the polls on Election Day looking to make arrests.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/Vote2008/story?id=5963751&page=1

In '04

In 2004, for example, Florida planned to remove 48,000 “suspected felons” from its voter rolls. Many of those identified were in fact eligible to vote. The flawed process generated a list of 22,000 African Americans to be purged,
http://www.brennancenter.org/content/resource/voter_purges

* Students' party affiliations were unknowingly changed to Republican after they signed unrelated petitions in Florida and Pennsylvania. Florida officials estimated that some 4,000 potential voters were affected.
* Fliers in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, instructed Democrats to vote on Wednesday, November 3.
* In Milwaukee, fliers labeled as coming from the "Milwaukee Black Voters League" has incorrect statements about election law, such as "If you've already voted in any election this year, you can't vote in the presidential election," as well as intimidating warnings about possible jail time for violating non-existent laws. A Wisconsin Republican Party spokesman suggested that Democrats may be circulating the fliers in order to anger voters to increase turnout.
* Voters in Ohio received letters falsely informing them that if their registrations came from Democratic and NAACP voting drives that they were unable to vote. The Post wrote that some Ohio Republicans advanced "the double-dirty-trick explanation, saying the Democrats are out to make the GOP look bad."
* In Cleveland (where Democrats outnumber Republicans more than 3 to 1), voters have received calls informing them of incorrect polling place changes and people have reported that people have come to their homes and made the illegal offer to collect and return their absentee ballots.
* In South Carolina, voters have received letters, falsely claiming to be from the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP), that incorrectly inform voters they could be arrested at the polls if they have outstanding parking tickets or if they are overdue on child support.
* "Republican-leaning interest groups" have been accused of destroying or not turning in registration submitted by Democrats.

Those are quoted from this article, which is getting them from this washington post article

I found this rather interesting:

Project Vote recently released a detailed study of how accusations of voter fraud are often efforts to stop minorities and young people from voting. Called “The Politics of Voter Fraud,” the report details “how charges of voter fraud are used to discredit voter participation efforts and prime the pump for voter suppression efforts, such as the passage of voter ID bills, pushing for proof of citizenship, engaging in draconian voter purge efforts, and imposing severe restrictions on voter registration drives.”

http://www.americanprogress.org/issues/2008/10/voter_fraud.html

:hmm: Let's see:

lefties steal 2008 election: 8.
righties steal 2008 election: several hundred thousand.

And oh yeah: young voters are actually participating in these elections big time. So: Hurray for democracy!:D (Or something.)

Wow, Right-Wing propaganda at it's finest.

(Forenotice: I support neither party.)

Evidence of Democratic fraud: "RIGHT-WING PROPAGANDA!!"

Evidence of Republican fraud: "THEY'RE STEALING THE ELECTION!!"

And then, with a straight face, they'll say to you, "of course I'm not being biased here, don'tcha know the facts?"

Sure it is. Democracy is largely based off a popular vote by the people. One party is and has been trying to actively suppress that vote for decades through organized, concerted efforts large and small. They are essentially trying to stop as many 'politically undesirable' people from voting as possible. That is subverting the Democratic process and is pretty much anti-Democratic. The step between 'anti-democratic' to 'hates democracy' ain't that large.

It is a loaded question, whether or not you want to admit that.

How so? In many other nations, political factions rig elections by plopping a rubber tire over your head and setting it on fire.

So I feel pretty good about American democracy right now. :king:

Letting the UN oversee the elections, as it does many others, wouldn't be a bad thing. At the very least, it would shut people up about worrying about fraud. Kind of.

Top Bottom