Help with Starting Plots, can they be restricted? (i.e. no Tundra spawns)

cmail08

Chieftain
Using the latest VP version 2.5.

I'm basically looking to restrict the starting plots where Civs and City States can first spawn. Specifically, too many City States for my liking are spawning near the northern and southern edges of the map. I've found game play more enjoyable when city states are closer to the equator / middle , and therefore between Civs. I have tested out huge maps with few Civs and max City Sates and its like the avoid the middle. So many of them are in the far cold reaches of the polar regions. I'd much prefer them in warmer climates.

Is there an easy way to prevent Civs and City States from spawning in the tundra? I have not so far found a way to do this so I came here to ask for help. Thank you!

City States get relegated to areas that aren't good for Major Civilizations, so it's natural that they appear in places that aren't good for Major Civilizations.

Your best bet, if you want to change this, is to work through and try to understand AssignStartingPlots.lua.

City States get relegated to areas that aren't good for Major Civilizations, so it's natural that they appear in places that aren't good for Major Civilizations.

Your best bet, if you want to change this, is to work through and try to understand AssignStartingPlots.lua.

Thank you! Do you happen to know if there are any resources on this topic that already exist?

Try increasing this number.

1658205215050.png

thanks. I have commented out the fertility check entirely. it seems to reduce the incidence of having rows of city states hugging the northern or southern border

Top Bottom