Historic Photos.

Ha! By the time the Japanese were done with them, Korea had a per capita income roughly equal to that of the poorest African colonies.
I meant that after Japan left again they'd shoot back up even higher than they are now.

Warning: pictures very large.
Spoiler Austro-Hungarian PoWs in Galicia, 1915 :
The actual photo was taken somewhere in Siberia.

Paul von Hindenburg picking his nose.

[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Late in the war, due to manpower shortages, the British Army exhibited a certain ambivalence towards execution by firing squad.

Attachments

• Armor a.JPG
    Armor a.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 184
  • Armor b.JPG
    Armor b.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 209
  • Armor c.JPG
    Armor c.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 125
Spoiler :

The American Aircraft Carriers; Saratoga, Enterprise, Hornet, San Jacinto, at Alameda, 1945.

Spoiler :

Uss Lexington

Spoiler :

A crowd gathers in Munich to celebrate Germany entering the First World War. I just love how at this time Hitler is a completely insignificant figure in the crowd.

Er, what? What is that photo?

Spoiler :

A crowd gathers in Munich to celebrate Germany entering the First World War. I just love how at this time Hitler is a completely insignificant figure in the crowd.

What's the source for that? I don't believe that is Hitler - AFAIK, he didn't acquire his trademark toothbrush moustache until long after the war, when he was already active in politics.
During WWI (and, I guess, before the war) he had a more normal, handlebar type moustache.

French resistance fighters being executed by teh nazis.

Doubt very much it's Hitler. Hitler had a traditional German Prussian moustache prior to the war, and only shaved it to the toothbrush so that he could wear the German gas mask in WWI

Hitler is far left

WRT Emperor Jackel's photo...

Spoiler :

I'd be less skeptical that this is actually Hitler if I wasn't able to spot at least three Thomas Deweys in the same crowd.

WRT Nonconformist's photo

Spoiler :

Good catch. While Hitler isn't wearing his trademark mustache at this point, I think it's noteworthy that the dog is. Was this perhaps the angry little Lance Corporal's inspiration?

IIRC Hitler himself confirmed that was him in his lifetime. He mentioned being in that crowd in Meink Kampf, and people went looking through photographs for him.

Maybe in Greece....

Attachments

• Gordon Higlander.jpg
    Gordon Higlander.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 151
Top Bottom