HNES - 2050 - In to the Heavens

I have 3 orders so far (UISM, AST&D, USA), if i get them the rest in quick i should be able to update in about 24 hours, other wise it will be no later that 2 days from now.

Update 4 - Late 2051

News:

New technilogical breakthroughs:

Many new advances have been made in the last six months, the most prominat is the development of more powerful rockets by Canadian scientists, these are faster and more efficant that other types available and any new Canadian designs will outstrip the competions. Other breakthroughs are the 1077 Jumbo shuttle by AST&D three times larger than standard shuttles and the Wrthog, the first militry buggy armed with a light machine gun and small ammounts of armour making it a leathal addition to the Chinese armoury.

Two steps forwards, one step back:

The PMF succesfully set up a colony on Europa, a moon of Jupiter this small out post is a marvel of engineering, however this new comes after the announcement that the Russia colony on mercury's catastrophic failure, the walls of the colony broke due to the huge heat changes. But many are confident that it can be repared with minimal cost, especial when the heat shield project is completed.

War in the Sahara drags on into its second year:

The UISM forces, although starting to show a slight advantage are still fighting in the Sahara however they have begun encircle large numbers of enemy troops. Casulties on both sides are high. Many expect the war to end soon as the UISM has mobilised more men and are pusshing further south. Support for their cause is also growing further south. But the African nation have requested support from the USA and China to defend them.

Tokyo space docks opened:

The New Tokyo space docks have opened, however celerbartion were marred by protesters who demand the break up of super corperation such as AST&D. All in all though the Docks are a succes and have brought improved income to AST&D and Japan. Small clashes have happened between protester and the Japanese government forces however no people have died as of yet, but 52 have been injured.

Violence on the Moon:

A group of fighters has begun to clash with Chinese forces on the moon, these people claining to be from the Lunar Liberation Front have killed over 50 chinese troops and destroyed a shuttle. The Chinese government have declared it will crush the rebelion quickly and decicivly.

Consumer spending on the Up!

European citizens have been spending more money as of latley giving the ecconomy a well needed boost, ecconomists say that this is only a good thing with the Russian and American citizens starting to send more too. This rise is the ecomony is expected to spread over the next few months.

Atmospheric pressure of Mars could be altered within the decade:

Scietist said that with the correct messures the air pressure on mar could be brought to arround 97% of Earth's within eight years. The methods proposed included heavy industry, the use of plants and the more radical, however faster, use of nuclear weapons to melt the plar ice caps releasing huge quantities of CO2 into the atmosphere. Critics of this plan claim that the danger are too great or that nuclear explosives sould not be allowed to leave Earth as they are a danger to us all.

Events:
EU - +1 econ level
AST&D - +1 econ level
UISM - +1 econ point
China - -1 stability Level
PMF - -1 Stability Level

Map:

OOC : I need clarification over 1 of the EU's econ points, the point will be put into this update.

To:Russia
We are sorry to hear about the destruction of your colony on Mercury. Join us in constructing the Heat Shield and we can be sure that a disaster will never happen again on Mercury.

The European Union would like to ask the government of Norway to merge itself into the EU's government. (Noticed it's not part of the EU on the map!)

OOC- If there is someone already in India, you have permission to point and laugh.

Indian Space Confederacy
Player: raistlin291
Government: Republic
Capital: New Delhi(Earth)
Interests: Earth and Moon
Trade: None
Army: I don't think I am supposed to fill this in yet
Fleet: Same thing
Earth military: another one
Economy: another one
Stability: yet another one
Research:
Techs:
Projects:
Background: Finally realizing they needed someplace to put all of there people, India, and a few of the surrounding countries, decided to launch a new space program. There first goal- build a huge colony on the Moon.

To: USA and China

I believe that the matters of our cooperation are more important then the wishes of certain minor corrupt dictatorships?

Raistlin these are you stats, a small thing though is that the moon is fully colonised by other nations you will have to look elsewhere or go to war for a colony on the moon.

Indian Space Confederacy
Player: raistlin291
Government: Republic
Capital: New Delhi (Earth)
Interests: Earth
Trade: None
Army: 80 Marines, 3,000 Infantry
Fleet: 12 Shuttles
Earth military: Average
Economy: Poor (3/0)
Stability: Good
Research:
Techs:
Projects:
Background: Finally realizing they needed someplace to put all of there people, India, and a few of the surrounding countries, decided to launch a new space program. There first goal- build a huge colony on the Moon.

what a way to drag up an old thread, 'eh?

Just curious if anyoen else would be interested in a revival of this sort of thing.

I would start this NES again if there was enough interest

re-start from where we left off? that woudl be pretty awesome :D

alternatelly, ANYONE who had interest in joining could post here, and thier favorite option to join as; players whom where part of the first generation get priority if they wish to re-take the nation they began with.

if that was the case, I go ahead and re-take the mantle of the United States [and Australia] ;)

why not just start from this particuler position in time?

I was thinking if i restart, to start fresh as there are some rules im not happy with and would need to change, namely wars on earth and the economic system.

what was wrong with the earth based wars?

the economic system was new though; what were going to change about it

(sorry if I seem so picky, I just rather dont liek the idea of having all my work dashed to bits when the prospects of this NES restarting are on the horizon ;))

i would too if there was room that is

I'd say remove Earth wars at all and leave the economic base only. I will not be here when it restarts, but I may join later.

Top Bottom