Horem's Art Resource's

The Beehive is going to be a brand-new improvement in its own right, replacing nothing else; workers from all civs will be able to construct Beehives on the Honey luxury resource that I plan to include. (Honey won't appear on the map until a civ learns Agriculture.) This is the beehive photo I hoped to use as a basis for the improvement:

If anyone here could create a model that looks reasonably close to that, I'd be very grateful.

Can you test out the attached model. Its based on Horem's poppy (so it uses those dds files)

Can you test out the attached model. Its based on Horem's poppy (so it uses those dds files)

Please excuse my ignorance, but how and where would I put .gr2 files into a new mod? I've never added more than icons and splash screens to my other work; once I know how to manage these graphics correctly, I'm willing to give them a playtest. Thank you for being so helpful! :goodjob:

Like other graphical files, the .gr2 files should be imported into VFS (the folder in your mod where you put them does not matter).

You need to enable "Reload Landmark System" in your mod properties.

Like other graphical files, the .gr2 files should be imported into VFS (the folder in your mod where you put them does not matter).

You need to enable "Reload Landmark System" in your mod properties.

Thanks for confirming my suspicion -- I thought so but wasn't 100% sure.

Coincidentally, I've made some icons and sv/font icon dds files for Beehives. Uploaded here... must be only a few decent images on line as it appears I've chosen the same picture :)

Here they are...

View attachment 376491

*hums a few bars of the Twilight Zone theme* Google is a decent fall-back source for icons if you have trouble making your own art (as I do). Of course, finding good clear pictures of some ordinary things may be harder than you think.

Hey guys, sorry for the lack of response over the last couple months, RL kind of took over. I'll try to get the completed models I have out this week sometime. May even get around to a couple of others too, have a bit of free time atm.

Thanks, Ekmek. I will take a look.

As promised, I updated the Cereals and Shrub collection to include the completed models I had here gathering dust :)

Thank you! Now I only need a few more models to complete my pack (well, non animal models at least).

ahh...Horem is back !

i hope you will someday make rice that looks like rice...

at the moment i use the hemp-art for rice.

There's a major problem with the Flowers RAR file: the Poppy art is stored inside 20-odd nested "Poppy" folders, making the path name too long to allow extraction. I had to give each of those nested folders a 1-character name to finish getting the art out!

There's a major problem with the Flowers RAR file: the Poppy art is stored inside 20-odd nested "Poppy" folders, making the path name too long to allow extraction. I had to give each of those nested folders a 1-character name to finish getting the art out!

I didn't see that with poppy when I did your beehives

I downloaded the Flowers file again just to be sure; I still found over 22 nested "Poppy" folders in the same folder as the Poppy art. That glitch may have developed in transit somehow, but it's definitely real. Here's a picture of my 7Zip window to prove it: I'd never do something that bizarre to a mod, and am not good enough with Photoshop to fake the screenshot. :confused:

I have been playing with an edited Oasis that I plan to use as Rice if I can get it working correctly :)

thats a great idea !

when this works,then the rice-plant could stand a bit in water like real rice-plants on
plantations...that would be cool.:)

I downloaded the Flowers file again just to be sure; I still found over 22 nested "Poppy" folders in the same folder as the Poppy art. That glitch may have developed in transit somehow, but it's definitely real. Here's a picture of my 7Zip window to prove it: I'd never do something that bizarre to a mod, and am not good enough with Photoshop to fake the screenshot. :confused:

Ignore the nested folders, everything you need is in the first folder.

Top Bottom