Hotseat coming to Civ5 in next patch

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony. "

Others have answered your question already and I would just add my +1 to their comments. I found the following website to be particularly instructive about the fundamental flaws in the game: http://www.garath.net/Sullla/Civ5/whatwentwrong.html

You should read that. You may even want to keep an open mind about it.

When will you accept that it is subjective? The game isn't broken, you feel it's broken.
For example, Sulla says "Civ5's decision to penalize players for building roads is simply baffling, especially since roads are still mandatory to connect cities for trade routes."
Pillaging roads had only the penalty in previous Civ games that you could break off trade or strategic goods. You had to pillage vast stretches of land to cut off a city from the trade network and this had only a small effect on your income. With Civ 5 because of the road mantenance (which means you will only build one road to each city), if you fail to defend your lands effectively, the enemy has a way to strangle your treasury and military transportation. From a strategic point of view, this is way more interesting (in my opinion). Baffling? Not at all. Subjective? Yes sir.

I am really enjoying the game but you (people who talk bad about the game) are spoiling it for us (people who like the game). We heard you shortly after the release of Civ 5, but your story has been told... Now let's leave the Civ 5 part of the civFANATICS forums to the people who enjoy the game.

If anyone want to say what part of the game or what part of the maker's decisions they don't like, feel free, but endless whining about Civ 5... Find a better way to fill your time please.

Here here...CiV rocks..I have owned every Civ..going all the way back to the Amiga days..each have had a tweek here and there,they have all been FUN...When I purchased CiV I was disappointed it didn't include hotseat..my friends I game with are looking forward to this feature being added...it keeps us out of the bars,lol.If I am disappointed by anything it's the cheesy DLC,figure if you just don't choose to purchase it it will go away.

I really am looking forward to Hot Seat. I hope the dissenters realize that the inclusion of this OPTIONAL feature in no way requires them to play it. It also does not exclude the devs from making other changes desired by the players.

I remember seeing many posts asking for it, and I think this is a good sign that the developers listen to requests and make an effort to include them.

I really am looking forward to Hot Seat. I hope the dissenters realize that the inclusion of this OPTIONAL feature in no way requires them to play it. It also does not exclude the devs from making other changes desired by the players.

I remember seeing many posts asking for it, and I think this is a good sign that the developers listen to requests and make an effort to include them.

Of course it's optional, but people here are kinda ticked that out of many great features that could be implemented, they added hotseat at this time.

It's a good thing that they're adding hot-seat play, but let's keep things in perspective here: this is still them tidying up their own mess, not them doing us a favour from the goodness of their hearts1.

[1] Which, with the exception of sales & marketing, HR and legal, most likely are pretty good and generally in the right place.

Of course it's optional, but people here are kinda ticked that out of many great features that could be implemented, they added hotseat at this time.

While I have no figures or stats, I think its one of the most requested features. And I do hope they keep the changes coming.

what hotseat and multiplayer, here we can't finish a huge map game ....8 months after .......!!

I think the addition of HotSeat is wonderful. I don't play it often, but it's a great option to have.

I can only hope this means that implementing PBEM is not too far in the future.

It's the lack of PBEM that keeps me from playing the game.

I'm so excited for hotseat. I haven't bought the game yet cause my computer is horrible. Now that hitseat is getting added in its tine to grab a new computer and the game so I can play especially cause I hear that multiplayer has so many issues. Firaxis I thank you from me and all my friends for bringing back hotseat its a deal breaker.

I wonder what the new DLC will be as well! :)

With hotseat if you have 2 pcs in the house, they both can be used in the same game, one human player on each, am I correct? My brothers coming soon and he is as much a civ fanatic as I am, so let me know. Thanks!

Hotseat is two players, one PC

Great thats even better. I guess it beats taking turns with the same civ, thats what we used to do.

I think the addition of HotSeat is wonderful. I don't play it often, but it's a great option to have.

I can only hope this means that implementing PBEM is not too far in the future.

It's the lack of PBEM that keeps me from playing the game.

What we are lacking is a Pitboss type MP actions between multiple players over many machines. That is what made playing [civ4] s enjoyable that you did not have to wait an eternity to get the save from the next player. While we don't have a pure MP situation for CiV, then I won't buy it.

Top Bottom