How do ya'll deal with aggressors?

I can see many advices about strengthing defense. I beg to differ.

The problem is NOT about defnse, but about EXPAND EARLY. More land, more money, more research, more bribes -- Monty goes after Mansa Musa, no worry at all.

I always nuke Monty if he's still survive when i finish building some nukes. It's good if he borders with you so you know where would he come from, otherwise on a nice sunny day, he might land a dozen of units close to your capital and you can prepare to start a new game

frankcor said:
It's a power thing. Say what you will about Monty, but he does respect power. Build a more powerful army than his and he stays off your back.

Exactly. I've tried to expland this to my friend who recently got hooked on the game. With Monte and some others (Tokugawa can be one) being ahead in techs and good diplomatic relations doesn't mean anything if you don't BUILD UNITS. Monte's pleased with you and maybe even knows you have the techs to build cavalry and riflemen. But unless you actually HAVE said riflemen, in your cities and fortified, Monte is going to march in that stack of 15 war elephants and take your milk money. Once you get to longbowmen, keep at least 3 defensive units in each city. Also consider keeping a stray cat or two with collateral damage mod parked in border cities to whittle down stack attacks, as Monte and Toku like to come at you in huge stacks that often do not include medic units.

I have seen Monty with 4 separate stacks of over 20 units sitting in port on an archipelago map. The dude is nuts when it comes to an army.

Actually I shouldn't say he is nuts, I had my 4 stacks of 20 units attacking his cities :)

you know, i think you don't even need to attack monty

you get him to attack somebody else. that should keep his hands off you for a while...

I usually backstab Montezuma.:mischief:

To the OP, to deal with an aggressor who is stronger than you, build more military and forget about those silly wonders.
Or better yet, avoid getting in the situation where an enemy is much stronger than you in the first place.

Top Bottom