How do you feel about the Southern Poverty Law Centre?

In another words it's a butch of lawyers. Lawyers make their living off of conflict and law sues. If everyone lives peacefully a lot of lawyers would be out of a job.
Most lawyers working for the SPLC could make better money representing corporate America.

Yeah really, a lot of lawyers aren't making money on trial, but on being retained as consultants as a means of avoiding liability.

do you see anything fundamentally wrong with that, in the U.S.

No I was agreeing with JR. Actually, it's probably preferable to erasing the past trend towards insane torte totals. I'd prefer it be more about helping people negotiate/pre-empt liability than I want 10% of what the client is awarded, so I'll try to manipulate the court to win you the most money. It's not a secret that high torts causes a high strain on the way society operates.

They're definitely not equal opportunity anti-haters.

No MS13, Latin Kings, Bloods, or Cryps.

Like dude, totally. Those SPLC dudes are like totally reverse-racist or sumthin like dat, cuz why don't they ever go after noone bu the white ppl! Us white folk ain't racist, were da VICTIMS of racism. All theme blacks and spics are just reverse racist picking on inicent white people, which is why I hate all non-white folk. Totally dude.

@ Miles, I detect sarcasm, but I think you should re-read Merkin's post. Noting an absence of equal coverage does not equal what you're spewing (Dare I say equatism?).

@ Miles, I detect sarcasm, but I think you should re-read Merkin's post. Noting an absence of equal coverage does not equal what you're spewing (Dare I say equatism?).

I'm just trying to put myself in the kind of intellectual shoes it takes to really understand and sympathize with Merk's point of view. I could have written a dry post on how the SPLC is a group devoted to dealing with prejudice and hate crimes, not organized crime, that all of the street gangs he mentioned primarily prey on their own racial communities, and maybe preempted some of his talking points on the invalidity of hate crime as a legal term, but that would be a dusty, boring post.

They're definitely not equal opportunity anti-haters.

They do list black separatist groups as hate groups/racial extremists on their website, but yeah, they are just trying to keep the white man down. I would deduct at least a tenth off their technical merit score and a whopping 3 tenths of a point off their artistic impresion score in recognition of your concerns.

I have no real opinion on the SPLC, the only thing that they do that is of any interest to me is making those lists of extremist groups and, from what I have seen, they have done a good job of it.

Most lawyers working for the SPLC could make better money representing corporate America.
That could be said of a lot of civil case lawyers. A lawyers suing doctors could make more money (John Edwards) than divorce lawyers yet there are plenty of them around. IMO the problem is there are too many lawyers and law sues.
I seriously doubt "corporate America" is in short supply of lawyers.

They do list black separatist groups as hate groups/racial extremists on their website, but yeah, they are just trying to keep the white man down. I would deduct at least a tenth off their technical merit score and a whopping 3 tenths of a point off their artistic impresion score in recognition of your concerns.

I know, I noticed a few. But I did not notice any representation or discussion from groups that generate the most hate crime in this country. And that would be the four organizations I listed above. They cause more murder, more rape, and more hatred than the rest of them combined.

I know, I noticed a few. But I did not notice any representation or discussion from groups that generate the most hate crime in this country. And that would be the four organizations I listed above. They cause more murder, more rape, and more hatred than the rest of them combined.
And I'm sure they get more law enforcement attention than SPLC's list. Besides, hating on hate groups is only one of SPLC's three main missions.

And I'm sure they get more law enforcement attention than SPLC's list. Besides, hating on hate groups is only one of SPLC's three main missions.

What does that have to do with anything?

It's not a crime to hate. When a homosexual gets murdered it gets way more than its fair share of law enforcement attention than when a black guy gets killed in a drive-by in an urban area.

I can't find any criticism in their Wikipedia article. Hmm...

You are so completely right! Shame on the SPLC for defining hate crime according to the legal definition of the word. SHAME! Actually, you've inspired me. I think that the official definition of murder is off. I think it's obvious to everyone that it's only murder when a minority does it to a white person. Will you join me in insulting all organizations that use the outmoded politically correct ultra-liberal faux definition of the word?

You are so completely right! Shame on the SPLC for defining hate crime according to the legal definition of the word. SHAME! Actually, you've inspired me. I think that the official definition of murder is off. I think it's obvious to everyone that it's only murder when a minority does it to a white person. Will you join me in insulting all organizations that use the outmoded politically correct ultra-liberal faux definition of the word?

The definition of a hate crime is completely ******ed. A Blood can't hate a Cryp? Racially motivated violence in the southwest isn't hate crimes because why exactly? Organizations like this obfuscate the issues that effect our society by living a world of denial about the source of the bulk of the hate.

Top Bottom