[LP] How to force Steam to acknowledge that you have all the DLCs

Eagle Pursuit

Per Scribendum, Volo
I took @TheMarshmallowBear 's advice and attempted to purchase Anthology along with a different game. It was some $.89 chess game. IDK. The point is, when I tried to complete the sale, it realized I already had the equivalent of Anthology and wouldn't let me purchase it. Then I canceled the order and booted up Civ. Abe Lincoln is the first name on the leader list.

Moderator Action: A note to those who wish to attempt this work-around. It does appear to work, but be advised that you will still likely be charged for the additional game (so pick something cheap). Also, you should be able to request a refund if it's something you don't want. It is, however, still recommended to wait until Firaxis/2K/Steam provide an official resolution. ~ LK

Last edited by a moderator:
I took @TheMarshmallowBear 's advice and attempted to purchase Anthology along with a different game. It was some $.89 chess game. IDK. The point is, when I tried to complete the sale, it realized I already had the equivalent of Anthology and wouldn't let me purchase it. Then I canceled the order and booted up Civ. Abe Lincoln is the first name on the leader list.
Yes. This is the way that works.

Yes. This is the way that works.

I just did this on Mac and can confirm it works. But now I have to request a refund for "Chess Brain".

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-11-21 at 7.34.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-21 at 7.34.26 PM.png
    411.1 KB · Views: 77
I'm already to the credit card screen and it's still letting me purchase it even though it's $0.

okay it seemed like it worked, but still isn't installing. I had to actually go through with the purchase. I now have chess dungeon :).

edit: actually looks like it was already installed. Leader is showing up in my leader list.

I just tried this, and it did work in terms of making the Leader Pass leaders available, but Steam allowed the purchase to go through, and charged me for the other item. So be aware that you will be charged.

The 2K launcher still doesn't show the Leader Pass DLC, but the leaders do appear in game.

You should be able to get a refund though, right? For the other game?

It's late here now, so hopefully they'll have a proper fix by tomorrow night when I will get a chance play again, so I won't have to do bodge. Makes sense that it would work, though, thanks.

It's working now, without EP's workaround. At least for me - I have the three leaders.

I took the opportunity to buy al Renowned Explorers DLC, that were pending on my list, along the Antolgy. Worked. Dunno if it is already solved by wait.

I just tried this, and it did work in terms of making the Leader Pass leaders available, but Steam allowed the purchase to go through, and charged me for the other item. So be aware that you will be charged.

The 2K launcher still doesn't show the Leader Pass DLC, but the leaders do appear in game.
That's why I picked something cheap to go with Anthology, just in case it did go through, it wouldn't be an excessive amount of money.

I’m trying this and having no luck :-(

Edit: this isn’t working, I’m freaking done

Last edited:
Ok so I can see the new leaders now but I can't start a game... Anyone with the same issue? I have already disabled all mods btw

You should be able to get a refund though, right? For the other game?
Yes, but that's not a nice thing to do to the developer of the other game, since you will be sticking them with the credit card/payment fees.

I chose something that I was contemplating buying anyway (Dome Keeper), so it's not a problem in my case.

Last edited:
I just also bought the smallest DLC for a game I like I could find. In this case, a $4 DLC for Offworld Trading Company. Thanks for the tip!

It let me make the purchase, I will note

Top Bottom