[LP] How to force Steam to acknowledge that you have all the DLCs

I then got this message when trying to purchase from my cart.
Same here. You are forced to buy something together with it that costs more than zero. That's capitalism. Nothing is free of cost.

The Leader Pass (or Greater Negotiators pack) is not listed at $0 for many of us (€19.99 in my case). What you’ll should find listed at 0.— :commerce: Is the Civilization Anthology pack. Buying that pack is what, with this workaround, provides you With the Leaders Pack Automatically.
Thanks for the info. I'll have to give it a try once I get to my computer.

Same here. You are forced to buy something together with it that costs more than zero. That's capitalism. Nothing is free of cost.
That's not normally true on Steam... I'm pretty sure I have been able to successfully "buy" zero-cost items before without having to add another item. There's something unusual going on with this.

Fortunately there happened to be a game on my wishlist that's 50% off right now, so I tried that with the Anthology and I now have the leaders. It is not acceptable that this method is necessary even a full day later... but it does work, if you happen to have wanted to buy something anyway.

I wouldn't recommend buying something just to refund it. I am sure there will be some sort of adverse reaction from one of steam's underlying metrics or algoriothms

That's not normally true on Steam... I'm pretty sure I have been able to successfully "buy" zero-cost items before without having to add another item. There's something unusual going on with this.
Usually with free games there's a button to add it to your library rather than your cart.

You're not forced, no. That's a workaround that some folks figured out, but 2K definitely isn't officially suggesting you do that.

I mean... "Available on purchase of any other random game" isn't a viable marketing option.

I tried to buy the $0.0 Anthology but an error message poppe up saying "there was a problem adding this product to your account" Any idea what I can do to add it?
I have the same issue. Unable to add it to my cart. Tested with items in my cart and with the cart empty.

I had to add something of value first, then I clicked in the bundle and the new DLC is there. At least that is what I think I did. Talk about bad memory, I did it a couple of hours ago and I have already forgotten it. I do remember that I couldn't just click on click on it directly.

I had to add something of value first, then I clicked in the bundle and the new DLC is there. At least that is what I think I did. Talk about bad memory, I did it a couple of hours ago and I have already forgotten it. I do remember that I couldn't just click on click on it directly.
So I was finally able to add it into my cart by going to the Bundle page, then adding it. If you go to the base game page and try to add it from there it fails.

If anyone is interested there is currently a sale going on right now for the Complete Edition of Civ 4, which comes with Colonization, for less than 8 dollars running through at least the 29th of this month on Steam.

I've been talking about buying Civ 4 for a while and I've decided that it was the right time to do it, along with the anthology, getting the leaders pass for free in the process. :)

Obviously, this is for anybody who has never bought Civ 4 before but have been having an interest in trying it out.

I mean... "Available on purchase of any other random game" isn't a viable marketing option.
I've been talking about buying Civ 4 for a while and I've decided that it was the right time to do it, along with the anthology, getting the leaders pass for free in the process. :)

Aand... there we have the marketing plan! :cooool:, these guys at 2K/FXS are geniuses:D

I and others have just successfully added the Leader Pass to my account on Steam without a workaround, so it seems the issue is fixed.

I and others have just successfully added the Leader Pass to my account on Steam without a workaround, so it seems the issue is fixed.
It's been like that for a day. It's just taking this long to work it's way around to everyone for some reason. Mine unlocked without any workaround about 22 hours ago.

I just received the message the new content had been liked to my account. (I already managed to have it earkier with the workaround, but it seems the “official” link is also reaching in the end.

Mine was still showing $32au for the leader pass. However the Anthology had changed from add to cart, and now said add to account. Which I did. The negotiator pack then appeared in the dlc folder.

Top Bottom