How War Weariness Works - WIP

Which log contains the war weariness data? I cannot find it.
The log is not created until war weariness happens. It's located in the log file, war_weariness.csv I think it is.
You are civ0 you need to work out which the other civs are, I think it's player_stats.csv lists the players in order from 0 up is the easiest way.

Does losing a builder counts as losing a unit, for WW?
Does losing a support unit count?
No, no... just units that can damage so catapult =yes

Oh there it is, Player_WarWeariness.csv! I looked last night, after some AIs got into a war, and could not find it by eye or by search.

Now I start suspecting that me gaining WW is just bearable side effect for them gaining worse WW.
Last night, capturing Deli became much easier after two barbarian infantry appeared aroung it.

Is WW modifier combat modifier?
Doh, wrong card, soz.
The only way you can tell is by looking in the logs, there is a civic log that shows you what each civ has currently slotted. If you cannot find or make sense of it, let me know.
It's a little bit cheaty to check while playing a real game.

In my experience WW has always accumulated in the largest city I’ve captured if it is from a civ I am no longer at war with (particularly if that civ has been destroyed). Some WW may also accrue in a captured city of a civ which still exists or that I am still at war with. The largest WW I’ve seen is 8 (EDIT: that city's population was 25), at which point added WW spread to other cities.

I don’t recall ever getting WW in one of my native cities. Prince difficulty, huge continents.

Last edited:
I don’t recall ever getting WW in one of my native cities
This whole area needs testing. You can certainly get WW a lot higher than 8 and across many of your cities. It does seem to congregate more in foreign cities near battles and this matches with the parameters.
I've been stuck doing real work for 3 weeks so have not had much time but maybe at the end of this week i'll try and do some serious testing.
All I have done so far is test that at 400 WWP my city close to the action gets 1 WW so its not like its spread out. I was hoping someone else had done stuff but everything out there is anecdotal... Will post some tests here when i can.

How do I lose WWP?
When at war you loose 50 WWP per turn
When at peace with everyone you loose 200 WWP per turn
When you make peace you loose 2000 WWP
If you also make peace with a city state you loose an additional 2000 WWP
Make peace with a civ that has 4 CS allies and you get -10,000 WWP :)

Sorry if I'm too thick to understand this, but you write that when at war you lose 50 WWP/turn. So eventually you would lose war weariness if you are at war long enough? Shouldn't people get sick of war the longer it goes on? Any clue what the devs reasoning is? I mean, surely it's a gameplay mechanic.

Also, could you maybe change "you get -10,000 WWP" to "you lose 10,000 WWP" to be consistent. It's rather confusing this way : ) Thanks for all the effort you put into analysing the game! Love it : )

Shouldn't people get sick of war the longer it goes on? Any clue what the devs reasoning is? I mean, surely it's a gameplay mechanic.
You loose 50 WW per turn when at war
You loose 200 WW per turn when at peace
I agree, they should remove to 50 but it's not the only thing wrong. Making peace against a foe with more CS means you get rid of a lot more WW. This can also be abused

Also, could you maybe change "you get -10,000 WWP" to "you lose 10,000 WWP
sure

You loose 50 WW per turn when at war
You loose 200 WW per turn when at peace
I agree, they should remove to 50 but it's not the only thing wrong. Making peace against a foe with more CS means you get rid of a lot more WW. This can also be abused

sure

Thanks a bunch : ) I can't say I understand their reasoning. Seriously would think the WWP would go up the longer you wage war... 0.o

Top Bottom